Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still not convinced that the LG cells are what caused the Hyundai and Kia fires. LG makes the cells for the Volt and Bolt I believe, and I have seen few issues there, which makes me wonder if it isn't actually a BMS issue. If they aren't matching cells as closely as Tesla is, and not keeping the cells as precisely balanced as the Tesla BMS does, it wouldn't take long for some of the cells to get far enough out of balance as to cause other cells to be overcharged (perhaps?). Just guessing here, but I see a lot of finger pointing between Hyundai and LG.
Elon mentioned over a year ago that LG's cell weren't good enough yet. I believe he said it on the "Third Row" YouTube interview.

Just when it looked like things were turning around, a brutal day for team Tesla. News of an injury to one of the starters didn't help, although Elon said they are back and ready to play. Just an overall dreadful performance, but a lot of teams had terrible games today.

Today
Score
: 682.22
Margin of W/L: -59.80
Attendance: 38,569,630

Season
Record
: 20-17
Total points in wins: 429.06
Total points in losses: -452.51
YTD gain/loss: -23.45 -3.32%
Avg points per win: 21.45
Avg points per loss: -26.62
Best W: 63.98 2021-01-08
Worst L: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 4-6
Streak: L1

Reuters is also telling lies, even claiming that 'demand is slowing for Tesla cars'.

Tesla to cut Model 3 production in U.S. for two weeks - sources

Gee, I wonder why these these honorable news organizations all decided on the same day to tell dastardly lies about Tesla..
There are no reliable news sources available....even positive $TSLA news gets spun into FUD....i just read for the LOL's and know the rocket will be launched again to Mars in due time.

So the stock ended the day @688. It is trading roughly the same so far in after hours. Ignoring the unknown macro environment, seems like anyone with some dry powder left has access to the blue light special tomorrow. Anyone want to share data on what Friday typically brings? Will max pain drive us higher or will the tech exodus drive us lower? Asking for a friend with a little dry powder left...

There are no reliable news sources available....even positive $TSLA news gets spun into FUD....i just read for the LOL's and know the rocket will be launched again to Mars in due time.

A great many "reporters" no longer dig for facts the way we did in my day. In this internet era, they often just repeat easily found rumors and reassert them as truth. Who needs to provide supportive evidence? That would be too much work. Too many modern editors rather than fact-check, just accept spurious articles that may draw clicks, and add hyperbolic headlines. :rolleyes:

Victorian Big Battery (VBB) makes progress!

https://twitter.com/NEOEN_AU/status/1364699440926265346?s=20

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 7.07.59 PM.png

Is Friday the new Monday? This is new, great questions!
I'm back to my same question, lol.
Like clockwork, we are pushed DOWN on Fridays toward Max Pain. So I believe it will be pushed UP by these same forces (all other things neutral). The question is whether it was pushed down for Max Pain or other nefarious reasons we don't know about, or even a mix. So no guarantees the reverse action holds up, but I'm practically all in so I'm obviously hopeful. 901?