Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Hock1

Jan 21, 2017
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I understand that to mean that the order book is very strong, possibly exceeding their internal expectations for demand on those models.
Just to clarify: as I understand it, right now orders for the refreshed Model S and the Plaid (non-+) are being taken. I ordered a refreshed S (18520 battery pack: 412 Mi.) last week and was told May or June delivery.

Lycanthrope

S3XY old dude
Nov 15, 2013
At home
I looked into the inventory as of 2 days ago. There are 3 S/X left in the entire U.S. Their pricing was pennies on the dollar. Still over 100k each for the P variant.
Not sure what you're pushing at here, mate. All the S&X sold in Q1 were pre-refresh models, inventory models, I think. Where's the evidence that they were a) all Performance spec, b) sold at full price?

There's none. The most reasonable scenario is that it was a mix of specs and they were sold with decent discounts to shift them out.

ClimateOptimst

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2018
Idaho, USofA
1617395878937.png

Singuy

Jun 28, 2018
US
Not sure what you're pushing at here, mate. All the S&X sold in Q1 were pre-refresh models, inventory models, I think. Where's the evidence that they were a) all Performance spec, b) sold at full price?

There's none. The most reasonable scenario is that it was a mix of specs and they were sold with decent discounts to shift them out.
Performance models are typically the hardest to move in any quarter and usually they are the left overs given their price tag and demand. We have done inventory checks before and it's typically just a bunch of Ps left over with a few LRs sprinkled in there.

kanweg

Jun 11, 2020
Europe
About the effect on the SP, what did that deleted tweet from Elon at the end of last month say again? Wasn’t that about when Tesla would be a trillion dollar company? In a few months. Well, Monday could be a good start towards that milestone.

While this is not a forum for speculating, indulge me. He may know something I don’t.

StarFoxisDown!

Jan 23, 2019
Seattle
About the effect on the SP, what did that deleted tweet from Elon at the end of last month say again? Wasn’t that about when Tesla would be a trillion dollar company? In a few months. Well, Monday could be a good start towards that milestone.

The tweet was about the chance that Tesla becomes the largest company in the world.......to which Elon said in a matter of months

dl003

Nov 22, 2019
Texas
The tweet was about the chance that Tesla becomes the largest company in the world.......to which Elon said in a matter of months
I think that speaks to how excited Elon is about FSD. Now, whether that translates into drastic stock appreciation in a few months... I wouldn't take Elon's view on the SP but I totally believe FSD will be a spiritual moment for us all and that TSLA will surpass AMZN and AAPL in a few years. In a few months, well, like he said, the chance is >0%.

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 3 CT reservations and counting
Dec 25, 2011
Seattle
Currently the largest company is a fruit company, so that should be easy to beat! 2.06T

TSLA would need to hit about ~$2100 or $35/day over the next 42 trading days.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC