Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hot off the presses at CNNbusiness...

Headline: Tesla temporarily halts production of its Model S and Model X
" New York (CNN Business)Tesla has not built any of its two most expensive cars -- the Model S and Model X -- so far this year.

Tesla did not respond to any questions for the reason for the production decision.
Even so, the automaker still managed to produce a record number of cars in its most recent quarter, as it built 180,338 of the Model 3 sedan and Model Y SUV, both of which being less expensive models that made up nearly 90% of the company's overall sales in 2020. The total edged past Tesla's previous record set in the last three months of 2019 by nearly 600 cars."

I read this while they played a GM commercial for me. Some top-notch investigative journalism is going on there folks...
No links are provided by me and I will not respond to questions for the reasons I made this decision.
These charlatans never stop.
I see this as free advertising, people who would fall for this kind of BS will mock their Tesla fanboy friend with this “news”, then they would learn that S&X is finally having a refresh.
Then they might decide to take a closer look because their leased BMW is near term, but the grills on those new ones are a bit hard to swallow.

Just some clarity

Australia is a continent , not an island
And New Zealand is already taken and not allowing new entrants at the moment
Yeah, as if that would stop unpilot from trying,
This ant can smell a picnic basket full of fried chicken, and potato salad, and peanut butter pie, and Sweet sweet iced tea... And it is absolutely driving him nuts...the picnic baskets lid is gonna stay shut for three damn days.
and that brings us to the origin of the word anticipation.

Biz Journal reporting SpaceX will be building across the toll road from Giga Austin. Does that make sense?

There are lots of rumors, but nothing concrete from any of the Quad Squad members (drone flyers) sources.

• SpaceX are known to be planning a StarLink terminal factory in the Austin area.
  • SpaceX are also likely to move their HQ function to Texas, but probably Starbase (Boca Chica).
  • Tesla HQ is moving to Austin and rumors are that it will be across the highway.
  • Tesla is opening a design center in the Austin area, possibly here.
  • Rumors are also of a test track
  • Rumors of housing across the toll road.
  • Martin Marietta are also supposed to vacate their current concrete plant, rumor is that they will move to Tesla owned land across the highway (but possibly next to the asphalt plant).
Edit: forgot about:
  • Semi factory
  • Car park and logistics area (with The Boring Company tunnel(s) connecting the two halves)
  • The Boring Company HQ
  • Neuralink is rumored to be moving there too.

Last edited:
How is it still only Friday? Bought a giant pile of Carlsbergs hoping to blend Saturday right into Sunday and wake up a couple hours pre-market Monday.

To misquote Withnail and I: "Right, here’s the plan. First, we go in there and get wrecked, then we eat a pork pie, then we drop some Surmontil-50’s each. That way we’ll miss out on Sunday and come up smiling Monday morning."​

I just sent a registered letter to my boss informing him my time until retirement has been reduced to 57 days.

That was very nice of Elon.

I have an iMac shaped count down clock (originally for the year 2000; amazing that it still works) that I reprogrammed. As I do have quite a few days of vacation left, perhaps I should set it even earlier.
I am on the exact same opposite situation. I just got a text message from one of my colleague who gave my name as reference because he is planning to go to work in an hospital closest to where he leaves. That’s means I will be working on call every 2 week ends this summer if he quits instead of one every 3. Now, I think it’s time to hire 2 or 3 new colleagues however my coworker do not want to cut their OR time during week time which has been reduced to 1 OR day every 2 weeks. Those TSLA numbers make me want to work less during evenings/night/week ends on call and more during daytime, however exacty the opposite is happening.

Getting excited about a rise in the SP on Monday is really as pointless as getting depressed when the SP goes down for a period. The stock market is a drunken sailor.

Tesla has an amazing future. TSLA will follow that, just not in a sober fashion.

And the future is accelerating. If Elon is now projecting two months to $2T, then using my Elon Time Conversion Table, it should happen sometime in 2022.

Getting excited about a rise in the SP on Monday is really as pointless as getting depressed when the SP goes down for a period. The stock market is a drunken sailor.

Tesla has an amazing future. TSLA will follow that, just not in a sober fashion.

And the future is accelerating. If Elon is now projecting two months to $2T, then using my Elon Time Conversion Table, it should happen sometime in 2022.
Teslal-anon? Symptoms seem kind of similar.

Reactions: pdwitt
When TSLA spikes on Monday - gonna sell the lot and re-invest in 10yr US bond. 1.72% per month seems pretty decent - no wonder people have been talking so much about it. When TSLA inevitably drops back below $2T I'll go all in on TSLA again.

1.72% per month is 23% per year, not too bad.

I think you mean 1.72% per year!

When TSLA spikes on Monday - gonna sell the lot and re-invest in 10yr US bond. 1.72% per month seems pretty decent - no wonder people have been talking so much about it. When TSLA inevitably drops back below $2T I'll go all in on TSLA again.
I'm still not convinced it will spike on Monday, this market is just too weird and unpredictable right now.

Honestly I don't care what it does on Monday, the Q1 numbers only strengthen my resolve to hold for the very long term so whether it goes up or down I'm not doing anything different. The rest of the year looks bright as the sun for Tesla though, no two ways about it. :cool:

I'm still not convinced it will spike on Monday, this market is just too weird and unpredictable right now.

Honestly I don't care what it does on Monday, the Q1 numbers only strengthen my resolve to hold for the very long term so whether it goes up or down I'm not doing anything different. The rest of the year looks bright as the sun for Tesla though, no two ways about it. :cool:
Yup, we should keep our expectations checked. How many times have Tesla sold off after blow out earning? At current valuations, anything is possible with Tesla. We just need more stock splits and more s&p inclusions.

Hello,

Long time lurker from continental Europe, trader (loto calls, LEAPs) and investor (HODL).

OT: Teslaquila apparently available right now in Europe!

Cheers
It's only the bottle and stand. No tequila inside.

I am on the exact same opposite situation. I just got a text message from one of my colleague who gave my name as reference because he is planning to go to work in an hospital closest to where he leaves. That’s means I will be working on call every 2 week ends this summer if he quits instead of one every 3. Now, I think it’s time to hire 2 or 3 new colleagues however my coworker do not want to cut their OR time during week time which has been reduced to 1 OR day every 2 weeks. Those TSLA numbers make me want to work less during evenings/night/week ends on call and more during daytime, however exacty the opposite is happening.

hopefully you get paid for call and can invest every cent back into Tsla. Maybe then it’ll be worth it! Call is the worst.