Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
5DE72EF4-2CB2-4194-B0D7-075E188395ED.jpeg

Thanks for that article Rob. Scrolling through the article, the pictures of the interior reminded me that "the best part is no part" . Have a look for yourself:

View attachment 653475

I truly love the simplicity of my Model 3's interior. I even find the prior to refresh Model S interior to be too cluttered. A simple wrap on my centre console to eliminate the fingerprints and it's perfect.

And thanks Motor Trend for the article. In a world of FUDdy articles that seem to be driven by an agenda I must give MT credit for being mostly fair and unbiased to Tesla all these years, in spite of no advertising revenues being doled out to them by Tesla. That counts for something in my book.

The diagonal screen measurement of the largest screen in the car is a practical way to sort these by how serious they are about updating the software stack.

It always kills me to see a new car come out with a screen that they have to mention the .x inches because 5.4 inches sounds better than 5 but both are junk compared to 15 inches or 17 inches.

I've long accepted that Tesla is a completely manipulated stock but could they at least let me know when they are going to initiate a selling or buying spree so I can position myself before? Sigh.
This one was pretty much telegraphed over the last week, discussed it here, options charts pointed to it, etc., even the arcane chart-pointers have been predicting. Of course it doesn't mean it was going to happen, but it did...

On-Topic: lovely walk-down by the manips when $TSLA got a bit too hot in the 712's... We need volume to push this baby up... let's see what happens when main-pre-market opens 13CET...

TSLA Pre-market: (from NASDAQ)

Consolidated Last Sale$713.26 +11.28 (+1.61%)
Pre-Market Volume736,902
Pre-Market High$715.00 (09:04:16 AM)
Pre-Market Low$703.73 (08:00:45 AM)

Good volume sure, but shortzes were tryin' rite up until the damn broke :p

Cheers!

That's the storyline of the movie “Primer”.View attachment 653547
Hmmm, I have that queued on my NAS, sounds like an interesting film...

Worth remembering that March 9th this year was a $110 gain, nearly 2x today and ~20%, but today feels way more bullish IMO, March being a massive reaction to over-selling the previous day

The spring is uncoiling. Lemmings have been selling; now they are buying.

There’s one crucial difference between a falling knife and a soaring knife for TSLA: It would have been unlikely (but not impossible) for the SP to go below $500 given the successful product ramp proceeding in full view. But what is the limit to the SP on the upside?
Infinity?

The diagonal screen measurement of the largest screen in the car is a practical way to sort these by how serious they are about updating the software stack.

It always kills me to see a new car come out with a screen that they have to mention the .x inches because 5.4 inches sounds better than 5 but both are junk compared to 15 inches or 17 inches.
What about an old Samsung tablet from 2014?

OK, now MM's are likely back to a more conservative neutral/short position ahead of earnings. Wonderful. Let the regular FOMO buying begin!

The best part about this quarterly earnings window will be the uncomfortable conversations in all the hedge fund offices around May 4th. The "analysts" will go about their usual business of trying to convince the money-holders to short TSLA at $875. I think the folks in charge may be sliiiiiiightly less inclined to pull the trigger this time around with Billy Hwang and Melvin's corpses still warm.

It'll be interesting to see if there's a sell-the-news drop in such an environment. I'ma go out on a limb as say we don't see one at all.