Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Questions:
How many years or transactions - or both would it take for such a portal to gain enough trust for investors before Tesla can begin to cut the ties of traditional listing?
Is the current de-facto ability for MMs to issue almost limitless amount of virtual shares tied to being a public company under (lax and badly supervised) SEC regulations or being listed at the traditional exchange - or both?
Nasdaq entered the markets in 1971 by providing electric quotes and gradually merged into facilitating trades through broker agents. You can see a very brief history here: What Is the Nasdaq?

The main difference between NYSE and NASDAQ is the latter operates through affiliated broker/dealer network while NYSE also does direct trading on the floor of the exchange (but I believe you need a very expensive license and so I don't really see the difference). I suspect the next new stock exchange will be direct only. Blockchain could enable this by allowing the exchange to verify the shares were genuine and actually facilitate the direct trade. The dealers would be eliminated which I believe would eliminate most of the issues with current exchanges.

To answer your last question, I would say both. The SEC looks the other way while the market makers fleece the system.

I would not call that a benefit. Every institutional investor would dump Tesla - including S&P 500 funds (and S&P itself).

I disagree. It would not be done in a manner that caused that kind of negative disruption to anyone switching exchanges. That's just short-sighted thinking. Look at the emergence of Nasdaq in 1971. They now have half the US trading volume and institutional investors did not dump the companies that moved from NYSE to Nasdaq.

VAG has expanded their parking lots, and they have now delivered in Europe 2xTesla YTD.

Screenshot 2021-04-28 170112.png

With Binance you can trade tokens that are backed by actual Tesla shares. That basically allows 24/7 of TSLA trading with no interference from clearing houses, market makers etc. Volume is obviously tiny but it's almost like an entirely new exchange. No more of this ridiculously long settlement period crap. I'm still waiting on verification to try it out. :rolleyes:

That’s… VERY interesting. I want to know more.

The true benefits would be to get off the existing exchanges. As long as shares are still traded on those exchanges, the impact of any side-trading using blockchain trading would be almost nothing.
But does the Binance shares’ SP become uncoupled from QQQ?

What I’m thinking is, track some Binance phantom shares and compare.

Last edited:
This was claimed to have a very significant and rapid effect on warming. Is it overstated?

In any case, CH4 plumes can be detected from satellite with 50m resolution. Combined with wind profiles, these can pinpoint the culprits.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
The longer TSLA stays artificially depressed, the more chance we all have to accumulate more shares. I remember being frustrated and incredulous between 2015-2019 that TSLA remained essentially flat. It just didn’t make any sense to me. Looking back, that was the luckiest thing ever for me and many of us here as it allowed us an extra 2-3 years to accumulate cheap shares. Without that, my TSLA (paper) profits would be less than 1/3 of what they are now.

Buy and hold and we will all be rewarded in the future.
Great meritorious post. I hope to DCA 10 shares per week by selling options. Without really big news, we shouldn’t expect the SP to break out of the 700+/-100 range until GF4&5 are pumping out vehicles (or we have a stock split).

Reactions: bkp_duke
That’s… VERY interesting. I want to know more.
I was wrong. We aren't there yet. That is the end game though.

For that matter. Does anyone know a reason why Tesla couldn't just issue tokenized shares directly to the market? Legally it wouldn't be that different than just having multiple share classes right?

BTW I saw some posts earlier still sticking to the "Tesla is just sandbagging everything now!" narrative folks had been on for a while and I don't get it.

S/X refresh is going to be (at least) months late.

FSD city streets wide beta is going to be (at least) months late (it's approaching at least1.5 years late if you wanna be technical since it was originally promised for end of 2019, but the most recent delay is at least a couple months from the previous recent target)

FSD subscription is going to be (at least) months late.

This is all hard stuff (well, the subscription thing isn't hard at all, but the stuff it's waiting on is)- so the fact it's late isn't that surprising.

Nor is it "bad"

But it's also the opposite of sandbagging.

Elon sets crazy aggressive goals- to do stuff nobody has done before. Always has.

They often miss those goals- but it pushes those involved to great things, even if they arrive a bit late.

Not seeing any evidence this has changed as his, or Teslas, way of doing things- but I'm open to reading some if there is any.

For that matter. Does anyone know a reason why Tesla couldn't just issue tokenized shares directly to the market? Legally it wouldn't be that different than just having multiple share classes right?

Well having multiple share classes would disqualify TSLA from being in the S&P500... And I don't think we want that to happen.

Hmm. I assume it’s not World Migratory Bird Day, or National Coconut Cream Pie Day, or World Fair Trade Day. That only leaves….

Oh.
There are more options:
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on May 8, include:

• American Indian Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Bereaved Mother's Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Birthmother's Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • Brunch for Lunch Day - May 8, 2021 (Day Before Mother's Day)
  • Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Awareness Day - (CdLS) May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Emancipation Day - (Columbus, Mississippi)
  • Free Trade Day
  • International Migratory Bird Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Iris Day
  • Jamestown Day - May 8, 2021
  • Letter Carrier's Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Martin Z. Mollusk Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday of First Full Week in May)
  • Mother Ocean Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • National Animal Disaster Preparedness Day - May 8, 2021
  • National Archery Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • National Babysitters Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • National Coconut Cream Pie Day
  • National Dog Mom's Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • National Empanada Day
  • National Give Someone a Cupcake Day -
  • National Have a Coke Day
  • National Miniature Golf Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • National Student Nurses Day
  • National Train Day - May 8, 2021 (Held on the Saturday closest to May 10th)
  • National Windmill Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • No Socks Day
  • Stay Up All Night - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Sun Awareness Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Truman Day - May 8, 2021 but Observed on May 7, 2021 (On or around May 8)
  • V-E Day
  • White Lotus Day
  • World Belly Dance Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • World Buckfast Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • World Fair Trade Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • World Ovarian Cancer Day
  • World Red Cross Day

There are more options:
2021 Daily Holidays that fall on May 8, include:

• American Indian Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Bereaved Mother's Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Birthmother's Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • Brunch for Lunch Day - May 8, 2021 (Day Before Mother's Day)
  • Cornelia de Lange Syndrome Awareness Day - (CdLS) May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Emancipation Day - (Columbus, Mississippi)
  • Free Trade Day
  • International Migratory Bird Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Iris Day
  • Jamestown Day - May 8, 2021
  • Letter Carrier's Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Martin Z. Mollusk Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday of First Full Week in May)
  • Mother Ocean Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • National Animal Disaster Preparedness Day - May 8, 2021
  • National Archery Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • National Babysitters Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • National Coconut Cream Pie Day
  • National Dog Mom's Day - May 8, 2021 (Saturday before Mother's Day)
  • National Empanada Day
  • National Give Someone a Cupcake Day -
  • National Have a Coke Day
  • National Miniature Golf Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • National Student Nurses Day
  • National Train Day - May 8, 2021 (Held on the Saturday closest to May 10th)
  • National Windmill Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • No Socks Day
  • Stay Up All Night - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Sun Awareness Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • Truman Day - May 8, 2021 but Observed on May 7, 2021 (On or around May 8)
  • V-E Day
  • White Lotus Day
  • World Belly Dance Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • World Buckfast Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • World Fair Trade Day - May 8, 2021 (Second Saturday in May)
  • World Ovarian Cancer Day
  • World Red Cross Day
Put your mind in the gutter (well, exclude National Babysitters Day and National Student Nurses Day).

Reactions: wipster
BTW I saw some posts earlier still sticking to the "Tesla is just sandbagging everything now!" narrative folks had been on for a while and I don't get it.

S/X refresh is going to be (at least) months late.

FSD city streets wide beta is going to be (at least) months late (it's approaching at least1.5 years late if you wanna be technical since it was originally promised for end of 2019, but the most recent delay is at least a couple months from the previous recent target)

FSD subscription is going to be (at least) months late.

This is all hard stuff (well, the subscription thing isn't hard at all, but the stuff it's waiting on is)- so the fact it's late isn't that surprising.

Nor is it "bad"

But it's also the opposite of sandbagging.

Elon sets crazy aggressive goals- to do stuff nobody has done before. Always has.

They often miss those goals- but it pushes those involved to great things, even if they arrive a bit late.

Not seeing any evidence this has changed as his, or Teslas, way of doing things- but I'm open to reading some if there is any.

No, "feature complete" at end of 2019 is like initial FSD beta release in October 2020

Automotive "expert" does not think Cybertruck will affect F150 sales.

I'm sure those half million deposits mean nothing.

I find this true in a hilarious manner: The frontal angularity of the cybertruck is rather stealth-like in appearance, and probably wouldn't generate much of a radar signature when compared to an F150 which largely resembles a brick.

If the history of stealth technology has taught the losers anything, it is the blips you can't see on radar that you should be most concerned about.