Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The true benefits would be to get off the existing exchanges. As long as shares are still traded on those exchanges, the impact of any side-trading using blockchain trading would be almost nothing.
I can imagine an exchange made up mostly of Disruptive Companies, but what would an exchange like that be called? :rolleyes:

Maybe it could be the DisCo Exchange.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Last edited:
Automotive "expert" does not think Cybertruck will affect F150 sales.

I'm sure those half million deposits mean nothing.

The same way ex-MSFT CEO Steve Ballmer predicted that people want to use keys on their phone and that iPhone will never take off.

Where is Microsoft now in the mobile sector? Oh... sorry... it lost that space to BOTH Apple AND Google.

Apple had THE vision. Google had the courage and smart enough to realize that that was the future and started working on Android from scratch instead of continuing the work they were doing. Microsoft believed in the status quo and got left behind. If it wasn't such a dominance force in Office and computer OS, it would have gone bankrupt for such a mistake.

Cybertruck isn't aiming for hardcore F-150 owners, instead, it's targeting people who don't have brand loyalty but just knew what's the best for them and for those who never considered buying a pickup.

I am one of those latter. Pickup, although nice to have one for hauls and everything, just never occurred to me because for the remaining (which is most of my daily routine), it's a waste of gas and horrific for the environment.

CT changed that. It can be a truck when I need it to be, and a perfect ZEV vehicle when I don't need a truck.

By the time Ford notices CT is eating the most profitable model's pie, it'd be too late.

Fords is the folks who just like- JUST- finally decided to set up an R&D group to "study" the idea of making batteries.

I'd agree CT is not even a blip on their radar.

They have really bad radar.
I gave someone a hard time about how their CEO recently said something like "we don't see any benefit to building batteries". I was told that since it was 6 months ago and a different guy that it was ancient history and Ford was different now. o_O

The same way ex-MSFT CEO Steve Ballmer predicted that people want to use keys on their phone and that iPhone will never take off.

Where is Microsoft now in the mobile sector? Oh... sorry... it lost that space to BOTH Apple AND Google.

Apple had THE vision. Google had the courage and smart enough to realize that that was the future and started working on Android from scratch instead of continuing the work they were doing. Microsoft believed in the status quo and got left behind. If it wasn't such a dominance force in Office and computer OS, it would have gone bankrupt for such a mistake.

Cybertruck isn't aiming for hardcore F-150 owners, instead, it's targeting people who don't have brand loyalty but just knew what's the best for them and for those who never considered buying a pickup.

I am one of those latter. Pickup, although nice to have one for hauls and everything, just never occurred to me because for the remaining (which is most of my daily routine), it's a waste of gas and horrific for the environment.

CT changed that. It can be a truck when I need it to be, and a perfect ZEV vehicle when I don't need a truck.

By the time Ford notices CT is eating the most profitable model's pie, it'd be too late.
Once many folks show up to do real work at real sites with Cybertrucks and start using it’s various abilities to do real jobs more capably than they can with ICE pickups, the poseurs will flip in a heartbeat.

The poseurs will just be yacking about their preferred brands right up until the moment they flip: “I’ll not give up my flip phone till they pry it from my callus free dead, cold hands, blah, blah, blah." That’s what won’t show up on Ford’s radar until it’s too late.

Hmm, maybe it’s time to look into investing in tattoo removal businesses. ;)

F-150 BEV is scheduled to start production in 10 months. I’m sure the Cybertruck will eat somewhat into Ford’s market share, but they are not ignoring it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the F-150 BEV starts production before the CyberTruck.

For a while in the first quarter it was looking pretty promising, but they hit their typical late first quarter swoon and never recovered. There were a few small rallies here and there, but not enough to regain the lead. After several days of near sell out crowds, attendance was rather low today. Compared to the average this season, the past couple weeks have had a much narrower spread between high and low. Will the volatility return, or is it a relic of the past?

Today
Score:694.40
Margin of W/L:-10.34
Attendance:22,237,127
High - Low:14.90
Season
Record:41-39
Total margin of wins:920.40
Total margin of losses:-931.67
YTD gain/loss:-11.27-1.60%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:6-4
Streak:L2
Avg margin of victory:22.45
Avg margin of defeat:-23.89
Avg Attendance:33,794,110
Avg Attendance of Last 10:32,061,296
Avg High - Low:40.84
Avg H - L of Last 10:26.41

Automotive "expert" does not think Cybertruck will affect F150 sales.

I'm sure those half million deposits mean nothing.

Hilarious AND doomed.
Ford is well known for their brilliant strategic thinking. Just like 3 years ago when Ford announced that it would wind down both the production and sales of passenger cars in the U.S. At the time, Ford said it would stop doing so in favor of its money makers: trucks, SUVs, and crossovers. Come 2020, Ford explained that 90% of its North American sales would consist of larger vehicles that offered lower fuel economy. Clearly a move aimed at profits- the environment be damned. Interestingly, the decision was likely aimed to exploit a well-crafted loophole in fuel economy regulations that makes bigger more profitable. In 2011, the industry won a change in the EPA’s calculation of Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE). The “footprint rule”—which refers to the area within the perimeter of the four wheels—calculates a vehicle’s fuel economy as a function of its size. The rule change effectively incentivizes building larger vehicles by holding them to progressively easier standards. As a result, the largest and most profitable vehicles also enjoy the lowest relative costs of compliance. I'm sure that Ford doubling down on behemoth trucks, their inefficient use of dino juice and the expectation that these loopholes will last forever will be viewed as brilliant in the distant future... :rolleyes:

Is funny how traders are mad at Elon because the stock didn't go up a lot after earnings. I see lots of people upset and most of them were holding options, myself included. How can they blame him? Everything went downhill when two guys decided to drive into a tree.

View attachment 657837

View attachment 657838
They rapidly forget that this billionaire CEO has 100% of its assets linked to Tesla and SpaceXand has been sleeping on the Model 3 factory couch during production hell and has done the same for Giga Berlin. Elon is solving technical engineering problems 90% of his working hours and working 16 hours a day.

I feel like the people holding a grudge against him are the traders who have never once worked in their life. They should go spent 16 hours a day working for Tesla and help hard problem solving, oh wait, they can’t.

And it turns out that ARK did buy some TSLA today, but only in ARKK:

1619659577828.png