Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It boggles my mind why traditional automakers are ok letting $10B+ EV programs fail because they won't spend $1B building out a fast charging network.
Only Ford built gas stations, and that was only in the beginning. They feel entitled to government (or perhaps utility) supplied charging stations.

Reactions: FireMedic
In the first half it looked like maybe the 2 game skid would end, but in the second half they just couldn't maintain a rally and had several lead changes ultimately ending with another narrow loss to make it a 3 game losing streak. They are now back under .500 for the season.

Today
Score:670.94
Margin of W/L:-2.66
Attendance:21,843,701
High - Low:17.96
Season
Record:42-43
Total margin of wins:952.84
Total margin of losses:-987.57
YTD gain/loss:-34.73-4.92%
Best Win:110.58Mar 9
Worst Loss:-68.83Jan 11
Last 10:3-7
Streak:L3
Avg margin of victory:22.69
Avg margin of defeat:-22.97
Avg Attendance:32,471,254
Avg Attendance of Last 10:30,560,858
Avg High - Low:40.19
Avg H - L of Last 10:26.22

The real question is of course if Stellantis, or previously FCA, didn't pay Tesla more than around $240 million for credits in 2020. WHERE THE FRACK DID THE OTHER $1,100 million in credit payments come from???

There is some car company out there that is desperate to keep quite how much they are paying Tesla.
I don't think those old numbers from FCA call are correct. They must have paid more.

Also, I feel this whole "we don't need Tesla anymore" might even be some kind of negotiation tactic for FCA for the next pooling arrangement.

Could someone please send me to the graphic that broke down TSLA operating profits? Wondering what amounts were attributed to bitcoin, energy, auto, credit sales, q1 2021. I had wanted to go over this with my son this evening but can't find it.
This?

Attachments

• 20210428_203729.jpg
    20210428_203729.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 73
I've been concerned about Elon's safety since 2018 but I think his security is more effective than it appears.

Some people's security is all-show, no-go. Dark glasses, bulges in their Italian suits where there are weapons, walkie-talkies, etc. But you can bet Elon has smart security. People extremely competent at what they do. Not because they are tough, heavily armed or dressed in fancy suits, but because they use first-principles thinking to protect from potential threats.

I think anyone trying something evil might end up in a bigger world of hurt than they could have imagined.
I'm surprised at your take on this. REAL security is the subject travels in a bubble, there is no pressing of the flesh and movements and logistics are strictly hidden. Those guys in the background could have done nothing if somebody dropped their cell and pulled out a gun.
Presidents get shot. Cultural icons get killed. All with the best "security" that can be bought.
The future of the planet, and the species, is riding on a single life. We still need him, and if it was up to me, he'd never see the light of day again (not really, but can't help feeling that way).
Go Elon! (but safely, please!)

So Teslas cash is getting out of hand? I mean they accounted for most of the EM tranche on the books but it did not hit cash did it? it was a stock award, no? Just seems to me that they may be buying more bitcoin in the future. In other news I am hearing that big banks are pressuring large depositors to reduce cash holdings- mainly large corp clients. It would seem to me that Tesla might not want to be holding cash.

So Teslas cash is getting out of hand? I mean they accounted for most of the EM tranche on the books but it did not hit cash did it? it was a stock award, no? Just seems to me that they may be buying more bitcoin in the future. In other news I am hearing that big banks are pressuring large depositors to reduce cash holdings- mainly large corp clients. It would seem to me that Tesla might not want to be holding cash.
Apply for the Master of Coin job.

Capture1.JPG

Options gurus: I'm trying to figure out why the calls to puts ratio in ARKK is so skewed towards puts.

Is ARKK potentially being used as a "backdoor" short against its holdings, which of course includes Tesla at 10% weighting?

On the one hand I can understand utility in ARKK puts as a portfolio hedge if you own shares of its largest holdings (instead of owning the underlying holdings + owning the ETF as I do...but I digress), but the other (Tesla investor) side of me has grown to ask whether something more nefarious is going on. E.g., Would shorting ARKK create downward pressure on the ETF price, causing ARKK to sell off baskets of holdings, possibly including Tesla, leading to a domino effect of downward selling pressure in the share price of holdings ARKK has to sell?