Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The SMALL lie is that Stellantis is counting on PHEV and Supercredits to cancel out their fines. Big News: the EU is re-rating PHEV credits because people aren't pluging in to charge, they are just being used as gas cars with a carbon fine exemption. Well, that's going away mon ami.
Does any of the EU members here have a feeling about how politics plays here ? My guess is EU auto makers have a reasonably big sway in this ...

Oh yeah, Happy Cinco de Mayo!

iz8d0gbxvqm31.png

Am I the only one who is starting to be concerned about Elon’s safety…?
I was thinking the other day he should have better security than the president. He’s much more valuable to the country and to the world. It would be in our countries best interest to pay for his security. I wonder how Bernie would feel about that.

Last edited:
Second straight day of TSLA outperforming the Nasdaq/QQQ, especially when you factor in the multiple TSLA usually trades compared to Nasdaq/QQQ.

I would like to think that they're running out of ways to drop the share price and have likely exhausted their use of shorting and naked shorting. But watch tomorrow the Nasdaq will be up 2% and TSLA will be down 5% 🥴

EV Tax credit helps customers. It doesnt help Ford. Not paying as much in fines in Europe saves Ford money. Now as for Europe I see that Ford so far has sold 169 Mach-Es in Europe so far. Now how many have arrived in Europe? I dont know, but with how many they made in February more then 169 should have arrived by now.

It helps Ford sell them at a higher price. So, yes, it helps Ford.

From personal experience, there is a lot of truth to this. We're trying to upgrade to a 200A main on a regular suburban street, and PG&E has stuck us with well over a thousand dollars of administrative fees and other costs that they are unable to explain for a project they initially only charged $75 for (a new wire drop from the pole). Then something suddenly changed and they decided they needed "engineering" and a number of other "administrative reviews" and trumped up the bill from under $100 to over $1200. They cannot explain what exactly they needed to "engineer." It is plainly obvious they are trying to grab pennies from whoever and wherever they can.

There is line between apathy and incompetence, a line between incompetence and malfeasance, and a line between malfeasance and outright corruption. The utility companies have layered their bureaucracies to capture the spoils of defeated customers. The do all in their power to obstruct customers that are moving to renewable energy.

My aim before I leave this earth, is to be energy independent. I intend to install enough solar and wind to power my home and charge my vehicles.

The utility companies will not stop, nor will I.

OT/AH:
Concerning the Mach-e's lackluster sales here in the US, I concur with the others that the Mach-e was initially targeting the bulk of deliveries to Europe due to the carbon credit crunch. This should come as no surprise as the majority of non-Tesla's are initially compliance cars to some degree.
Just as the Bolt was never meant to sell more than 30k/year as Elon stated before the Bolt started deliveries, the Mach-e's magic number is 50k for similar reasons. They most likely don't make money on them as a stand alone product, and per reports straight out of Dearborn and even Bob Lutz, the Bolt e.g. lost $9k per copy. Just goes to show how much profit is built into the gas guzzlers.

In addition, it was either reported or assumed that the reason GM pulled out of Europe was because the sales of the Ampera-e (European Bolt) wouldn't cover the nut on their ICEV carbon offsets. As soon as GM pulled out of Europe, the price of the Ampera-e went up by about $5k before they sold the intellectual rights to PSA.

I don't expect any manufacturer that survives on low mileage trucks and SUV's resulting in huge carbon penalties, will be selling any more EV's than they need to to offset the penalties until they can actually sell them for a profit on their own. Even now, it appears difficult for GM to sell enough Bolts to cover the penalties as they've been having a fire sale for about 2 years now and IIRC, buy some credits from Tesla still.
I'm curious how Ford is covering their shortfall here in the US. I've not heard if they too are buying credits from Tesla.

From personal experience, there is a lot of truth to this. We're trying to upgrade to a 200A main on a regular suburban street, and PG&E has stuck us with well over a thousand dollars of administrative fees and other costs that they are unable to explain for a project they initially only charged $75 for (a new wire drop from the pole). Then something suddenly changed and they decided they needed "engineering" and a number of other "administrative reviews" and trumped up the bill from under $100 to over $1200. They cannot explain what exactly they needed to "engineer." It is plainly obvious they are trying to grab pennies from whoever and wherever they can.
Yes, because the regulator is not doing their job. You guys need a new regulator that works for the ratepayers who are captive to the utility.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
It's confusing to me that they aren't also probing whether there is sexual intimidation and sexual harassment going on at the Tesla site.

I mean, don't they even care about women's rights? 🤪
Think they've already started dealing the heroin yet? Or smuggling copper? I heard the workers had to clean their arses with yesterday's edition of Bild!!

One public post on this after PMing with OP:

Sure, but in this case the map was left-right flipped (original post was written backwards) so East on left, West on right with North to the top and South to the bottom which should not happen under any mode. Either the SW inverted the X axis, the library didn't handle negative longitude properly, or the viewpoint on the 3-D render was below the ground plane looking up.
Reminds of a good friend who lives in Belgrade Montana, just west of Bozeman. They had just moved into a new home there so he drew me a map and mailed it to me. We were coming from Washington (the state) on I 90 and when Belgrade showed up before Baseman and on the wrong side of the highway, I knew something was up. Then we turned the map upside down and everything made sense. When we found their house and pointed out laughingly what he had done, he didn't even realize it... no wonder they didn't have many visitors! I think he was dismapic it

To one of the other sunny states that today don't have net metering? California is doing much better with renewable energy than many other states. And legislators introduce nut job bills in every state.
Yes,because Cali had initially setup some of the best Net Metering policies early on, we heavily built out solar. The greedy utilities here massively overplayed their hands and while PV costs were high, their price gouging was off the scale! Lots flocked to solar to be green AND get out from under the thumb of the utilities..then NEM 2.0 was introduced ~decade later and secured the utilities greater guaranteed income (higher minimum bills) as PV was cheaper and so obvious. This new bill is now NEM 3.0 and aimed squarely at trying to return the heyday of monopolistic pricing back to utilities. This proposal will push ROIs for solar so far out for the consumer, almost no one will do it. There might be nut job legislators in every state, but California has a disproportionate quantity and I’d like to move to a state that wastes less of my tax dollars on stupid s#!t-uff

Last edited:
Yes,because Cali had initially setup some of the best Net Metering policies early on, we heavily built out solar. The greedy utilities here massively overplayed their hands and while PV costs were high, their price gouging was off the scale! Lots flocked to solar to be green AND get out from under the thumb of the utilities..then NEM 2.0 was introduced ~decade later and secured the utilities greater guaranteed income (higher minimum bills) as PV was cheaper and so obvious. This new bill is now NEM 3.0 and aimed squarely at trying to return the heyday of monopolistic pricing back to utilities. This proposal will push ROIs for solar so far out for the consumer, almost no one will do it. There might be nut job legislators in every state, but California has a disproportionate quality and I’d like to move to a state that wastes less of my tax dollars on stupid s#!t-uff

This situation would be greatly improved if the incentives were better for West facing panels than South facing panels. Facing the panels south is an artifact of past, when panels were so expensive there was incentive to get every last watt out of them. Now there is too much energy mid-day and not enough in the evening. The electricity in the evening is more valuable, both from an economic perspective and an environmental one yet people still install the panels facing South!

Time of use pricing is necessary too. People could begin to cool their homes inexpensively while the sun was still strong in the west. The California electricity markets are seriously screwed up by those with profit motive. It's like pharmaceuticals in the US. Economic incentives encourage the current situation which is everyone is on as many drugs as possible.

I think Ford is shipping the overseas to start up the European market and there is merit to that... but even if there was huge demand, they don't have the capacity to do much with it. I do think that that even with the low numbers there might be signals things are off with the Mach-E. A quick search on cars.com showed 24 of them available within 150mi of me (SE Wyoming, so includes Denver). Expand that nationwide and there are over 1200 available. Being generous and saying they produces 4700 a month and all destined for the US... 25% are in inventory around the US. There are no Model Ys in my area in inventory with likely a higher production rate.

Quoting myself here as I made a mistake... there are over 1200 AWD Mach-Es (1262 to be exact) and 526 RWD... so almost 1800, not 1200.

Quoting myself here as I made a mistake... there are over 1200 AWD Mach-Es (1262 to be exact) and 526 RWD... so almost 1800, not 1200.
Yet some of the reservation holders still don't have their cars!

The good news for Mach-e buyers is it looks like additional dealer markups of $2K-$6K might be going away. :)