Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
U.S. electric car maker Tesla Inc has halted plans to buy land to expand its Shanghai plant and make it a global export hub, people familiar with the matter said, due to uncertainty created by U.S.-China tensions.

Tesla had never declared an intention to acquire the land

🤨🤨🤨

Yeah, and everybody knows that Tesla brakes don't work in China! /S

True b'cuz i reads it on ROTO-REUTERS every trading day b4 the Open. ROFLMAO.

Cheers!

I finally found out why the NASDAQ is dropping so much.

They are going to arrest Dr. Anthony Fauci for causing the coronavirus.

My representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (who was the first to find those Jewish space lasers) has introduced a bill "The Fire Fauci Act".

The deep state is even deeper than we thought. People are selling their stocks as they run for the border.

View attachment 661256
Finally! A rational explanation!

I finally found out why the NASDAQ is dropping so much.

They are going to arrest Dr. Anthony Fauci for causing the coronavirus.

My representative Marjorie Taylor Greene (who was the first to find those Jewish space lasers) has introduced a bill "The Fire Fauci Act".

The deep state is even deeper than we thought. People are selling their stocks as they run for the border.

View attachment 661256
Wow lucky you...that is one sharp rep./s

FUD everywhere. Reuters reporting Tesla looking to bail from China and stopping a land purchase....that they had never said they were interested in. Bloomberg reporting that Tesla sales are down month over month in China - no mention that the balance of production was exported or the production itself (40K).

And of course we have the leftover stories from yesterday regarding the Texas crash where the NTSB stated someone was driving and that autopilot could not have been engaged - yet some how all the headlines read that the mystery has increased and the tone of the articles is that Tesla is in trouble.

This is a tough game with big boys. The entire market is being taken down, and they are definitely playing favorites - big bullseye on Tesla.

I have come to terms with the fact that TSLA might hit 300 before it is over. Don’t think it will, but this allows me to function better o_O.
We now have a P/E ratio tho. That makes it a hell of a lot easier IMO.

If these guys wanna push TSLA down to a point where P/E next Feb is in the 100-180 range.....god bless em!

I've now wasted nearly all my meager amt of cash on expired calls and have no means to lever other than selling shares. Will sell a small handful to buy LEAP spreads if we sit here and IV drops.

January is a long way away. Not saying the stock will rise between now and then, but there's plenty of time for that to happen, and a LOT of good catalysts from Tesla to held it along

Of course if the stock just keeps following macro and it growth stocks keep getting hammered, then all bets are off
January IS... but also ISN'T - such a long way away, esp. if there's a big, bad, slow macro event. I tend to favor farther out of the money LEAPS, and I'm trying to figure out the cost/benefits of selling my Jun 2022's and buying comparable strike Jun 2023 LEAPS and it kind of looks like (maybe?) a no-brainer, perhaps even more so in a taxed account because I'd be paying less taxes when selling while prices are lower. Copying this to the wheel thread since I guess it's considered off-topic...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Tslynk67
Confession: Elon seriously asking whether Tesla should accept Doge and getting an overwhelmingly positive response bothers me a heck of a lot more than the stock being down 7% premarket.

We (myself included) love to praise Elon's first principles thinking. However there is no way to reconcile Doge and first principles thinking.

Edit: thanks @willow_hiller for wading into r/dogecoin so I didn't need to. I'm sure you're right that the brigading skewed the poll results. But not as certain that Elon originally posted it as a joke. That said, Elon has completely broken my online sarcasm detector.

Last edited:
Confession: Elon seriously asking whether Tesla should accept Doge and getting an overwhelmingly positive response bothers me a heck of a lot more than the stock being down 7% premarket.

We (myself included) love to praise Elon's first principles thinking. However there is no way to reconcile Doge and first principles thinking.

If you're concerned about the results of the poll, it's being brigaded by /r/dogecoin:
That post is on the front page of Reddit right now. I think a lot of people are voting yes as a joke; and likely Elon started the poll as a joke as well.

Sure there are negatives, but I see this as a net gain. A lot of early Tesla buyers and even now skew to older people, simply due to economics. Doge and all the related memes are bringing in Gen Z, iGen (whatever they are called) to the Tesla fold, and whenever they can afford the $25k car that will be a huge market expansion. This could be Elon playing 4-D chess again with future demand.

Good news for our Bitcoin reserves:

'The company also said it was considering having bitcoin or other types of cryptocurrencies on its balance sheet.'

Every consider that you're missing something? That you've been lead to a conclusion by every single thing you read in the MSM? That FIAT currency is what dreams are made of? Or that Dogecoin can not be diluted at the whim of a foreign government? That dilution IS inflation?

C.f. the $5T USD poofed into existence since Jan 20. C.f. the Reichsmark (hyperinflation).

But ur worried about the 8 cars Tesla will sell for Dogecoin this year?

Brother... :p

Last edited:
I don't mind BTC. Doge coin is monopoly money in the crypto space.

I don't care if btc goes to zero tomorrow. But I do care about Teslas image as a company even if doge hits 100 bucks.
Re. monopoly or funny money: Hm... wasn't BTC also monopoly money in 2008? Or in 2012? Or even as late a 2016, before the big bitcoin boom?
There are valid objections to crypto, based on resources used to mine, maturity and a host of other reasons.
It is just not clear to me what the fundamental difference is between your stance on BTC and Doge, other than popularity. Isn't dogecoin more or less a clone of bitcoin technology wise?