Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes the best way to win a game is to not play it.

I'm wondering if even 10 people actually paid for a Tesla in bitcoin.

Going from happily married after to bitter divorce in a span of a week isn't healthy for the kids. The kids being us shareholders.
Elon hates short sellers. It won't go well for the Bitcoiners if they actually bring the Wrath of the Technoking down upon them. Elon has the Frostmourne.

From now on, I'll be doing a 24-hour early access to my mid-tier Patreon members. The current flyover video is now available to them.

I'll post the link to this forum tomorrow for all of you to enjoy.

I'm hoping this message is acceptable to the mods. I won't be advertising any more and will be posting my public videos just as in the past - but with a delay.

View attachment 662687
That looks like how Team Hendrick finished at Dover today!

• Disagree
Reactions: Hock1 and MaxPain
I
In general, rather than another 5 for 1 stock split, can we collectively support the idea of Tesla doing a 2 for 1 split on a yearly basis to routinely clear out the barn ?
I've suggested previously that they should just announce that they will do at least one 2:1 split on a random date in each half year for the next three years. Give the least warning possible what the actual date is.

Elon hates short sellers. It won't go well for the Bitcoiners if they actually bring the Wrath of the Technoking down upon them. Elon has the Frostmourne.

LoL if they bring this on than I guess another stock split is coming.

My TSLA investment is greater than my crypto investments. Though having both, I am a bit as annoyed as I am sure Cathie Wood is as well.

While short positions have to be covered eventually, no one says it has to be done at a loss. Bitcoiners can definitely short at opportune times to accelerate losses and trigger stops. They can also cap and suppress prices so bullish call buyers go OTM.

How effective will they be at this? Hopefully not very.

My point is it's better to have friends instead of enemies. Point is I don't see much value getting into unnecessary wars with probable negative benefits.

Bitcoin investors buy cars too. And many would have bought Plaid S or Roadsters.

Would love to see Elon's focus return to Tesla and their progress in accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. The Bitcoin drama is a completely unnecessary distraction and the Doge stuff isn't funny anymore.
Oh, stop. He’s focusing on Tesla just fine being in Berlin right now. A few minutes spent on Twitter doesn’t equate to him not focusing on Tesla.

Agreed - if people don't start posting I will be forced to update increase my $125T forecast for 2030. Warren is currently live talking about cars mining Teslacoins. Certain to happen!
Is that your estimate of TSLA's market cap or the price per share? I'm trying to decide if you're a bull or not.

My TSLA investment is greater than my crypto investments. Though having both, I am a bit as annoyed as I am sure Cathie Wood is as well.

While short positions have to be covered eventually, no one says it has to be done at a loss. Bitcoiners can definitely short at opportune times to accelerate losses and trigger stops. They can also cap and suppress prices so bullish call buyers go OTM.

How effective will they be at this? Hopefully not very.

My point is it's better to have friends instead of enemies. Point is I don't see much value getting into unnecessary wars with probable negative benefits.

Bitcoin investors buy cars too. And many would have bought Plaid S or Roadsters.
I am in the exact same boat as you regarding my holdings.

There is no way this can be spun for me as being constructive for the mission in any way. The best argument you can make is that Tesla has another billion or so.

They did not need it. Not in this fashion.

This entire crypto foray has been a complete cluster as far as I am concerned. Wish I could say that it will soon be forgotten but that is not how I feel right now.

As always, tomorrow will be interesting...

This casting is at Giga Texas.

Are you positive? The photo came from a man who lives in Lüdenscheid, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. Talking about how it would impact German automakers.

Original text:

Jetzt dürften auch „unsere“ arroganten Automobil -Bauer mit ihren von Staatshilfen aufgeblähten Bäuchen vom hohen Ross absteigen.

Google translation:

Now “our” arrogant automobile manufacturers with their bellies inflated by state aid are likely to get off their high horses.

Edit: In the LinkedIn comments he does indeed confirm it's Texas:
Screenshot_20210516-195203.png

Would love to see Elon's focus return to Tesla and their progress in accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. The Bitcoin drama is a completely unnecessary distraction and the Doge stuff isn't funny anymore.
When Elon sees big waste you can’t expect him to ignore it. He’s cited both the repurpose of a decommissioned coal plant in NY for the sole use of bitcoin and the reduction of bitcoin hash when a Chinese coal plant went down because of lack of coal. It’s going to be sitting in his brain until he has a solution.

When Elon sees big waste you can’t expect him to ignore it. He’s cited both the repurpose of a decommissioned coal plant in NY for the sole use of bitcoin and the reduction of bitcoin hash when a Chinese coal plant went down because of lack of coal. It’s going to be sitting in his brain until he has a solution.

He ignored it when they made the initial investment.

I am in the exact same boat as you regarding my holdings.

There is no way this can be spun for me as being constructive for the mission in any way. The best argument you can make is that Tesla has another billion or so.

They did not need it. Not in this fashion.

This entire crypto foray has been a complete cluster as far as I am concerned. Wish I could say that it will soon be forgotten but that is not how I feel right now.

As always, tomorrow will be interesting...

100% right. Elon's involvement in crypto is a disaster for Tesla shareholders. Stay out is fine. Stay in is fine. Come in, cause a lot of drama, uncertainty and then getting out in this fashion is a cluster.

I'm thinking a 1% or 2% up day might be possible if macro cooperates. Should be 5% or more based on S deliveries and their positive impact on Q2 gross margins.

This crypto expedition by Tesla is a millstone around the neck and it will be depressing prices for awhile. Yes you can use it to buy the dip.. but RIP call buyers and put sellers.

BS. Bitcoin energy consumption, Doge energy consumption, crypto energy consumption has always been known to Elon.

Multiple intentional rug pulls were done by Elon to the crypto community. Some winners. Some losers.

I don't see a net positive from these actions for Tesla or TSLA.

The only reason I started buying Bitcoin was because of Elon’s support of it. Is this going to affect the Bitcoin price long term? Should I sell at a loss and wait for Tesla Coin to come out? Always something to worry about.

Bitcoin was fine before Elon ever got involved and will be fine after he exited. It steadily marches towards maximum circulation and daily supply reduces by 50% in the next 3 years. You'll find previous postings, I've stated that one should maintain at minimum 1-3% of net worth in Bitcoin. My stance hasn't changed.