Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Idea - On topic too!
Ever since I learned yesterday of AMD's gaming hardware inclusion in the S/X refresh, I've been chewing on AMD as investment. Whoa! Then it hit me...

If the car is on Wifi, and your game controller is on Wifi, and the TV is on Wifi, then the game system could easily be in the car while the entertainment is actually in the other room - Game Over!

Idea - On topic too!
Ever since I learned yesterday of AMD's gaming hardware inclusion in the S/X refresh, I've been chewing on AMD as investment. Whoa! Then it hit me...

If the car is on Wifi, and your game controller is on Wifi, and the TV is on Wifi, then the game system could easily be in the car while the entertainment is actually in the other room - Game Over!
Not for shooters, but for strategy-games/mmogs/singleplayer this is reasonable.

You can try the performance/latency right now with things like steam-play (stream to any device .. i.e. your PS5, TV or Phone) & play with a steam-controller.

Nice idea!

And you can visit friends with your game-rig easily :D

Idea - On topic too!

Welcome welcome. Still trying to become an AMDinair but the stocks have been so lagging compared to the competition lately..kind of like Tsla.

In Norway right?? That would explain why the sales in the US suffered for the Mach-E.....CNBS always in bed with Ford and the millions of advertising $$$ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
He said: "Here in the US" Mach-E is taking share from Model S.

I seriously doubt anyone deciding between a Model S and a Mach-E would go with a Ford. If so, they have not done their homework.

Not for shooters, but for strategy-games/mmogs/singleplayer this is reasonable.

You can try the performance/latency right now with things like steam-play (stream to any device .. i.e. your PS5, TV or Phone) & play with a steam-controller.

Nice idea!

And you can visit friends with your game-rig easily :D
Going off topic, but curious and I really don't know gaming... So the Controller has the added latency, or the casting?
What if the car came with it's own fast controller? How come this stuff isn't real-time?
Remove the buffers. Dedicated feed Rx/Tx.

I seriously doubt anyone deciding between a Model S and a Mach-E would go with a Ford. If so, they have not done their homework.

It's worth noting that the only time Maché is allegedly "taking market share from the Model S", is when Tesla's not making them.

Kind of like saying " I kicked Mike Tyson's gass last night in the ring" but conveniently failing to mention that he was at home asleep unaware you exist.

Idea - On topic too!

Good point. PlayStation had this functionality built into their portable console. It would basically allow you to stream a full console game from your PS4 to the handheld. Doing the same with a TV would be no problem. FWIW it's still nearly impossible to buy a next gen gaming console, and hard to buy a gaming PC. PS5s for example are still being sold on Ebay for double the retail price. $800 goes a long way towards buying an LR model S... A friend of mine has been wanting a Tesla AND a PS5 so I sent him the article about the PS5 level hardware they will be using. First principles over here.

Manufacturer #1 sells 1 million models of a car a year.
Manufacturer #2 puts out a new model that competes with Manufacturer #1's model.

Assuming a constant total addressable market:

A single customer decides not to buy the car from manufacturer #1 that he was going to buy, and instead buys a car from Manufacturer #2. Total sales of manufacturer #2's model is now 1.

Is manufacturer #2 taking sales away from manufacturer #1? Yes.

Does it matter? No.

Is the statement misleading and entirely useless from a quantitative perspective? Yes.

Does it mean manufacturer #1 is doomed? No.

Any time a new competing product is released in a segment, unless that competing product has zero sales whatsoever, the established player must by definition lose market share in that segment, AS A PERCENTAGE OF THAT SEGMENT.

But what these talking head executives fail to understand--as they desperately flail around in an attempt to remain relevant--is that the total addressable market is BALLOONING. Tesla can go from 99.9% market share to 20% market share and still grow 10 times over.

Guess what, Ford? The Chevy Bolt is also stealing sales from the Mach-E. So is the Electro-Sparky Sugarbox 3000. That metric is useless.

there are no/hardly any model S in inventory, and no new Refreshes ;)

looking at the monthly sales charts without the background context ....
looks like he is gonna take Lultz position :)

So at close today the company was worth, what? $16 billion less because a few bolts had to be torque-checked?

Maybe someone will take cake to work tomorrow and bump the SP by a percent.
Tesla also broke tradition for having a red day after memorial day. Think the price action is just weak compared to macro. Bolt or no bolt. Our green days are meh and our red days are pretty red. We have out performed macros that can be counted by one hand the past 3 months and under performed macro pretty much the rest.

We were at 600s when qqq was 304 few months back. We are still at 600s while qqq moved up 10% since then. That's pretty bad performance and I don't even want to know what tsla is if qqq corrects 5-10%.

1622673855663.png

1622673797505.png

BREAKING NEWS: Elon caused people loses caused he forced them to buy and hold $BTC...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tesla also broke tradition for having a red day after memorial day. Think the price action is just weak compared to macro. Bolt or no bolt. Our green days are meh and our red days are pretty red. We have out performed macros that can be counted by one hand the past 3 months and under performed macro pretty much the rest.

We were at 600s when qqq was 304 few months back. We are still at 600s while qqq moved up 10% since then. That's pretty bad performance and I don't even want to know what tsla is if qqq corrects 5-10%.
Logic says if $TSLA was at 600's and qqq was 304 and qqq moved up 10% and $TSLA is still at 600s....if QQQ corrects 5-10%...$TSLA should go up 5-10% 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

It'll all pass...give it some time....we've been here before....FUD in full force....Competition is coming....losing market share...yada yada yada.

Going off topic, but curious and I really don't know gaming... So the Controller has the added latency, or the casting?
What if the car came with it's own fast controller? How come this stuff isn't real-time?
Remove the buffers. Dedicated feed Rx/Tx.
Both.
In my gaming days I could "feel" if the mouse was bluetooth of cable.
On BT I was too slow/couldn't hit the shots..
Granted - it was instagib & I shot faster via reflexes then what it took for me to process the image.. ;)
It's a strange feeling.. you shoot, move in cover & everything so fast that you only begin real processing & analyzing after the fact.. :D

Now I am old & slow (>30)..

On the other hand games like Eve online Run in 1 second intervals or mmogs like wow use 0.1sec. that would be perfectly good to play decently.

Wifi adds about 0.1 sec to latency, if you stream the image this compounds 0.1 internet + 0.1 to show you + 0.1 to get your input..

Back in the days I measured my reaction. Seeing, aiming & clicking in around 145ms consistently. Now I am more around 200 & get owned -.-

Best Tesla can hope for over good wifi is ~300 latency for the whole stack - compared to ~155ms in my shooter-days back then (<10ms ping to servers)