Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite the spike in IV for 2nd July expiry over the last couple of days. This would be the reason why option prices have been on the rise.

20210702 IV.jpg

Expect to see this drop off in a big way with an IV crush come Friday and option prices dropping as a result (unless there's a big gain in TSLA).

Well.. Toyota's CEO Ted Ogawa is an avid golf player , that may be an indication of how he thinks, ie unless someone close to him wakes him up, he'll believe his tribe's beliefs. Weird tho, indeed.
Finally, that Hydrogen powered town experiment in Japan makes sense. Its all to slow the transition to BEVs. Trevor of Nokola knows this game well.

The undercover interview with Exxon lobbyist McCoy was posted here, this is an article hightlighting the results:

The lobbyist said that among the politicians he targeted was the Democratic senator Joe Manchin whose support is central to Biden getting the infrastructure bill and climate legislation through Congress.

“Joe Manchin … I talk to his office every week. He is the kingmaker on this, because he’s a Democrat from West Virginia, which is a very conservative state, and he’s not shy about sort of staking his claim early and completely changing the debate,” he said.

While I find this scary (worse than I expected), is it good to have some evidence.

White House tweet promoting EV's, infrastructure bill, and the Chevy Bolt

The Good: The Mission in general, Buy American!

The Bad: No mention of Tesla or Ford

The Ugly: Secretary Granholm (former Michigan governor) nor President Biden are likely ever going to jump in with both feet on Tesla's behalf the way they do with legacy auto. On one hand, I guess it's ok because anyone who considers a BEV will undoubtedly run across Tesla and a rising tide and what not. On the other hand, my sense of fair play is getting seriously rankled here. The government, who I'm told are the good guys now, completely ignore the leader and innovator and promote the laggards and followers.

No doubt this is a better situation for Tesla and The Mission, but there was less steam coming out of my ears when it seemed that the Feds were just pretty much never speaking about EVs at all and just letting things play out rather than playing favorites. So I guess overall I'm glad that the boat is sinking more slowly now, but I'm seriously pissed about the arrangement of the deck chairs.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they give credit to someone else when you have won.

When I read of VW ID4 abilities (Volkswagen ID.4 - Wikipedia)
and do things like watch Sandy (
)

Tesla killer is not an accurate name.
Elon was right! Do it all in house. All teams work together.
Well built car for a cab driver, wow I gotta go try that out.
is this their best shot?
Poor interior functional design.
Hey ID?

great car for an old person, not my kind of a vehicle. I agree with you Sandy!

So Gordo keeps himself in the news by hooking the trainwreck that is GLJ research to Tesla.

He is consistently wrong yet stays in the news.

So when Tesla is a 2 trillion dollar company will he still be using the word "essentially" on CNBC?

This does not tell the full story.

What about the driving mode that is used for the test? If EQS has an extremely low power ECO mode like Taycan then that does not make the car more efficient.

In ECO mode AWD Taycan becomes FWD, top speed is limited by 70mph, the accelerator becomes insensitive, AC uses less than half power, even lights and screens uses less power... and then comes good WLTP range because WLTP has to use the most efficient driving mode for testing.
That´s why I said looking forward to more data points when production cars go out and we get more reviews. For now, that is our only data point.

The undercover interview with Exxon lobbyist McCoy was posted here, this is an article hightlighting the results:

While I find this scary (worse than I expected), is it good to have some evidence.

I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here

Have a scheduled delivery for my new Tesla Decanter today. Q2 Q3 deliveries are looking strong 😉

I will update everyone later today with photos and measure the gap between the decanter and the stopper around it’s circumference. I’ll also be ultrasonically scanning the stand to check for structural integrity. I’m hoping the logo is laser etched and not painted. I’ll be checking that under a microscope to ensure the logo is symmetrical across its Y Axis. I’m extremely concerned about the lack of quality control at TSLA lately. /s

I may need to start drinking early today.

Last edited:
I've seen you over at the Model S deliveries thread. I guess you meant to post that there.
Are you saying you had a delivery set for August and now delivery is blank?
Thanks
Yeah I have no idea how I ended up in this thread. This place has no sense of humor. Took me a moment to figure it out. I can no longer delete these posts so I guess they are stuck here.

You mean there will be a strong start to Q3 deliveries. Q2 is over. My decanter is arriving Saturday :)
My decanter has a label printed since 2 days but still not started shipping from the netherlands... Would have been a nice EOQ-Gift ...

DHL-Page says something like "A shipping label for you was printed, but no package given to DHL, yet." ..

Speaking of first world problems; I neglected to mention one of my favorite new features that has been mostly overlooked…ventilated seats. Seems to be perfectly correlated to HVAC settings. Fantastic solution for sweaty summer grapes. 😊😊😊
Can you have your friend test the voice command "My grapes are too hot"?

Yeah I have no idea how I ended up in this thread. This place has no sense of humor. Took me a moment to figure it out. I can no longer delete these posts so I guess they are stuck here.
@AnselmDante, come back here when TSLA is trending higher, and we'll show you humour. Great unfathomable humour. Just wait.