Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In light of the discussion over Q2 delivery numbers, here's my occasional "no comment required" graph.

1625143275067.png

Am I the only one who finds it suspicious that a Model S mysteriously catches on fire and burns with no driver inside exactly at the end of every quarter? And for some reason the media is always ready with a flood of stories about it featuring oddly well-informed local officials who always know there was no one in the car and it was driving itself?

I wonder how much someone is paying to buy these cars, set them up with some sort of incendiary, plan and execute the car's destruction, and then pay off local officials and the media. The amount of work and funding needed to coordinate this every quarter is impressive.
Yeah that's a good theory. I wonder how much those people paid to kill the last two individuals found in a burning Tesla. Or maybe they were just die hard Rivian fans willing to die for their cause.

Yeah that's a good theory. I wonder how much those people paid to kill the last two individuals found in a burning Tesla. Or maybe they were just die hard Rivian fans willing to die for their cause.
You're making a comparison to a Tesla that was driven at high speed into a tree? Really?

Good morning, Porsche.

Porsche Readies Global Taycan EV Recall to Fix Software Issue​

Earlier this year, some Porsche drivers complained about the Taycan, which is powered by an 800-volt battery, suddenly stalling. In a filing on May 17, the NHTSA described the problem as “loss of motive power while in motion at any speed.”

Every car.
Requires trip to the dealership.
Notice they got the Tesla "recall" in the article and of course dont mention that it was a simple OTA software update that is basically done every week it seems.

White House tweet promoting EV's, infrastructure bill, and the Chevy Bolt

The Good: The Mission in general, Buy American!

The Bad: No mention of Tesla or Ford

The Ugly: Secretary Granholm (former Michigan governor) nor President Biden are likely ever going to jump in with both feet on Tesla's behalf the way they do with legacy auto. On one hand, I guess it's ok because anyone who considers a BEV will undoubtedly run across Tesla and a rising tide and what not. On the other hand, my sense of fair play is getting seriously rankled here. The government, who I'm told are the good guys now, completely ignore the leader and innovator and promote the laggards and followers.

No doubt this is a better situation for Tesla and The Mission, but there was less steam coming out of my ears when it seemed that the Feds were just pretty much never speaking about EVs at all and just letting things play out rather than playing favorites. So I guess overall I'm glad that the boat is sinking more slowly now, but I'm seriously pissed about the arrangement of the deck chairs.

White House tweet promoting EV's, infrastructure bill, and the Chevy Bolt

The Good: The Mission in general, Buy American!

The Bad: No mention of Tesla or Ford

The Ugly: Secretary Granholm (former Michigan governor) nor President Biden are likely ever going to jump in with both feet on Tesla's behalf the way they do with legacy auto. On one hand, I guess it's ok because anyone who considers a BEV will undoubtedly run across Tesla and a rising tide and what not. On the other hand, my sense of fair play is getting seriously rankled here. The government, who I'm told are the good guys now, completely ignore the leader and innovator and promote the laggards and followers.

No doubt this is a better situation for Tesla and The Mission, but there was less steam coming out of my ears when it seemed that the Feds were just pretty much never speaking about EVs at all and just letting things play out rather than playing favorites. So I guess overall I'm glad that the boat is sinking more slowly now, but I'm seriously pissed about the arrangement of the deck chairs.
For all the annoying union and foot-dragging legacy carmaker subsidies on the automotive side....at least everything I've heard so far is correct on the energy side. They seem to understand that everything revolves around storage.

Seeing some big federal level moves to mandate grid level storage and incentive for decentralized storage would make up for these minor automotive annoyances.

Am I the only one who finds it suspicious that a Model S mysteriously catches on fire and burns with no driver inside exactly at the end of every quarter? And for some reason the media is always ready with a flood of stories about it featuring oddly well-informed local officials who always know there was no one in the car and it was driving itself?

I wonder how much someone is paying to buy these cars, set them up with some sort of incendiary, plan and execute the car's destruction, and then pay off local officials and the media. The amount of work and funding needed to coordinate this every quarter is impressive.
Leave this juvenile conpiracy garbage to QANON morons, please.

Test of Mercedes EQS - efficiency on par with Model 3, combined with 108kWh battery does 686km/415mi (638 actually driven and 48 left according to range display) at 65mph/104km/h average speed. Some extra aerodynamic mods though in this test car, will be interesting what the actual production cars will do. Wonder if Elon will stand by his word that more than 400mi range are not necessary if it turns out production car would beat Model S in range.

This does not tell the full story.

What about the driving mode that is used for the test? If EQS has an extremely low power ECO mode like Taycan then that does not make the car more efficient.

In ECO mode AWD Taycan becomes FWD, top speed is limited by 70mph, the accelerator becomes insensitive, AC uses less than half power, even lights and screens uses less power... and then comes good WLTP range because WLTP has to use the most efficient driving mode for testing.

So definitely no 4680s. Tried to determine whether it is 18650s or 2179s by determining length/thickness ration via pixel-counting, but uncertainty is too large to tell them apart (18650 is 0.277 2170 is 0.30).
In the earnings call (iirc .. or some twitter or some interview) Elon said that the Plaid will use 18650 with better chemistry .. but people assumed that this level of performance must be the 4680 & he is sandbagging..

Reactions: S3XY and scaesare