Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, same here. Our Model Y order placed on June 1st was originally supposed to be ready by late August to early September. Recently it was updated to late September/October. Today it now shows October 21 to November 15. Nothing special about our order.

With production and deliveries being so high, I don't think it's because their production capacity is down.

Something is afoot. Wonder what that might be.
Interesting. Ours started as Sep 18-30, then temporarily switched to October, now back to Sep 22-30. I'm assuming ours will be part of their mad quarter-end rush to deliver as many as cars a possible and we are conveniently located in their back yard.

Sounds like you being in AZ, they don't think they will be able to get it to you by quarter end.

“Republican Senator Deb Fischer of Nebraska proposed prohibiting people making more than $100,000 a year from claiming EV tax credits and to end tax credits for EVs that cost more than $40,000 -- levels that would exclude many of the electric vehicles on the market or planned to come to the…”

The language here is clear, this is based on tax credits. Like the previous exhausted tax credits (for Tesla and GM) you only get the money back if you paid it in US federal taxes. Furthermore, the ceiling of 40K, while possibly advantageous for Tesla, is a joke for the overall EV market which this is supposed to subsidize and encourage.

Obviously the details remain to be worked out, but it is simple to see what the attack plan is for the status quo. Make sure that only middle class incomes will be subsidized to buy ‘cheap’ BEVs, cause you know, ‘for da people!’. The fact that this combination will apply to only a small percentage of buyers, especially the BEV price tag, sounds terrific to them.
"Just one Nebraska ethanol plant in 1985 has grown to 25 ethanol plants today. Spread throughout much of the state, these plants have a capacity of more than 2.5 billion gallons – making Nebraska the No. 2 ethanol-producing state in the country.

Combined, these plants use more than 700 million bushels of corn per year – and produce more than 6 million tons of distillers grains, a high protein feed ingredient used for cattle.

These ethanol plants represent a $5 billion economic impact in the state and provide direct full-time employment for more than 1,400 Nebraskans."

So it seems this was a 'macros' related move. The QQQ (an ETF which tracks the NASDAQ-100 index) jumped at the same time as TSLA:

View attachment 695229

Still haven't heard what the actual 'news' was (although at precisely 8:30 am it could well be some gov't/economic data).

TSLA, like the QQQ, slumped back to it's Pre-market low by noon ET. Be interesting to know what the 'news' was.

Cheers!
Bigly maniply this week, all the way to ~$706 close on Friday...

1628703725005.png

Sitting at a SC in South Carolina. They have a charge point charger next to the Tesla ones.

Nice lady pulls in with a Nissan Leaf. Can't get the charge point to work....kinda like all the you tube videos you can watch. You must have a charge point card...or NFC enabled phone with their app to use. She had neither....and 12 miles of range left.

So in the interest of being a human I downloaded the charge point app and got her charging.

What this has to do with the SP is this.
ALL other EV's manufacturers have passed this important step off to third party's to provide charging. And it is a mess.

I showed her how easy Tesla charging is...so maybe a convert.

O and they were sitting in the car with ac off and it's 95 here.

One more edit...this is the charge profile
Screenshot_20210811-143954_ChargePoint.jpg

Last edited:
So basically the big 3 wanted to make sure their larger/expensive/polluting/profitable lines of vehicles were safe from increased threat from the EV credit. I suspect that's what the Biden meeting was really about. Let people associate EVs with tiny crap boxes and leave our ICE car profits alone.

I'd guess they don't believe that Tesla can actually create a cheaper model and still bring in a sizable profit. The Tesla Q will be the new VW bug.

"Just one Nebraska ethanol plant in 1985 has grown to 25 ethanol plants today. Spread throughout much of the state, these plants have a capacity of more than 2.5 billion gallons – making Nebraska the No. 2 ethanol-producing state in the country.

Combined, these plants use more than 700 million bushels of corn per year – and produce more than 6 million tons of distillers grains, a high protein feed ingredient used for cattle.

These ethanol plants represent a $5 billion economic impact in the state and provide direct full-time employment for more than 1,400 Nebraskans."

to your point is this rather famous nervous response from the Sierra Club on that very question of Big Ag’s impact on Climate Change:

Last edited:
So basically the big 3 wanted to make sure their larger/expensive/polluting/profitable lines of vehicles were safe from increased threat from the EV credit. I suspect that's what the Biden meeting was really about. Let people associate EVs with tiny crap boxes and leave our ICE car profits alone.

I'd guess they don't believe that Tesla can actually create a cheaper model and still bring in a sizable profit. The Tesla Q will be the new VW bug.

Haha, never seen the 25k car mentioned as "Tesla Q". Would be awesome.

So in the interest of being a human I downloaded the charge point app and got her charging.

ALL other EV's manufacturers have passed this important step off to third party's to provide charging. And it is a mess.

Well done, Unpilot!

So to enable electric cars and transport we need a charging infrastructure.

Tesla is the only car maker doing anything about this. Building supercharger stations like crazy. Got to love them!

Then you have all most of the utilities slacking in their offices thinking it's nice if people use more kWh charging but we can't be bothered making their lives easier and potentially making a buck in the process. Let others build chargers if they want to.

And the incredible part here is that the OEMs can't be bothered either. It's like they are thinking "OK they are forcing us to make and sell EVs but let our customers fend for themselves when it come to charging. That will teach them!" or something. So weird.

Which leaves us with a rag tag bunch of 3rd party charging networks obviously not doing their job well enough. I am glad they exist but wish they could step up and give all EVs a Tesla like charging experience. Our planet needs this.

Last edited:
Excuse me if it has been pointed out (I can not read ALL the posts if I wake up late as I would be here till noon...wait it is 11:30?)
But the Senator is from a CORN state... which rhymes with oil which stands for pollution. This Senator is being a sneaky fatherless male child (Happy Audubon :) ). He is protecting his income stream....I mean his lobbyists... er, I mean the great people of Nebraska (that actually don't live there but own the huge farms that damage the Earth through intense management using pesticides and fertilizers).
The plan he has is Brilliant. To appear to focus on bringing EV's to the poor, and not giving the already wealthy upper-class more government money (like the owners of the large corn fields get in subsidies on many levels), all the while pretending/appearing to be pro EV! Be rilliant!
You really have to give it to that S.O. second letter of the alphabet (Now I've kept from offending Audubon twice in the same post...give me a cookie!).
EDIT: Paracelsus posted while I was typing, and beat me to it, and said it better...I guess. But I am going to let this stay right here to reinforce that the sumbitch didn't fool us.
Now, now, the senior Senator from Nebraska isn’t a bad guy,…

… she’s a bad gal. 😅

For the record, it is she/her on her site:

I'm personally disappointed by this since I'm planning to buy a Y and a CT in the next couple years but, it will be fun to see how they pivot when Tesla is suddenly mass producing a model for less than 40 grand that's way better than everything else available in that price range.

Last edited:
Sitting at a SC in South Carolina. They have a charge point charger next to the Tesla ones.

Nice lady pulls in with a Nissan Leaf. Can't get the charge point to work....kinda like all the you tube videos you can watch. You must have a charge point card...or NFC enabled phone with their app to use. She had neither....and 12 miles of range left.

I showed her how easy Tesla charging is...so maybe a convert.

O and they were sitting in the car with ac off and it's 95 here.
"Would you like to join me in my air conditioned car? I was just watching xxx on Netflix/YouTube if you are interested" ;)

If that does not convert them while "waiting for their car to be charged at snails pace" .. then nothing will :D