Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They actually know all the ins and outs of Tesla and is able to pick and choose what supports their narrative. It’s why they keep moving the goal post and at time preemptively suggest the next “impossible” achievement. I would not be surprised if he actually reads this board and consume all YT videos of Musk & company.

Ewww, that's a really icky thought!

Now I have to go take a shower...

It will take a lot of time before those robots are more intelligent than the dumbest human. And we will only know if we can reach that point when we get there. It’s not like the development of FSD has been a walk in the park. And that’s a problem with a very narrow knowledge space.

Yep..maybe 10+ years if they go very fast and solve like 5 different grand challenges that it will take to make this work.

My wife has oft-stated, that our advantage as investors is “just getting” Tesla, before Wall Street. I’ll be busy groking, neuro-nets, deep learning, Petaflops, artificial intelligence, and robotics.

I’ve a steep learning curve in front of me, but I only have to beat Wall Street, not you guys.

There's something to be said for communal knowledge. Adam Jonas admitted for years he didn't know how to value tesla's non-automotive components - although I think many here would argue he didn't even know how to do that. I know nothing of wallstreet but it seems like a lot of these guys are one man shows.

I have been able to contribute thoughts here and there over the years, certainly not as much as some. But the only analyst that appears to have the cross disciplinary mindset about investing that forums like this posses is ARK. Cathy relies heavily on other members of ark. Everyone gets excited about Tasha going on TV but her expertise is the Autonomy side. Sam is the battery and energy storage guy. As a community there are individuals here who contribute various categories of knowledge and bring in sources of info from outside when appropriate.

Gordo claims he spoke to some NN researcher after AI day who said Tesla was 20 sigma behind. Who is this person? Some 19 year old grad student?

TL;DR Id say our advantage is each other and a dash of humility where Wall Street is all about showboating the individual and no humility.

Currently on the configurator...
  • Model S LR : March-April
  • Model S Plaid : Jan-Feb
  • Model 3 SR+ : January
  • Model 3 LR : November
  • Model 3 Perf : 5-6 weeks
  • Model X LR : March-April
  • Model X Plaid : March-April
  • Model Y LR : January
  • Model Y Perf : 5-6 weeks
Looks like they are prioritizing the performance models. I wonder how many people choose the performance to get it sooner that ordinarily would get a non performance if there was no difference. Margins should be really good.

The only dance I want to see is a Marvin the Ranger Teslabot waltzing over to a just-arrived (and unoccupied) Model 2 robotaxi, and plugging it in to the Supercharger, cleaning the windshield and cameras, vacuuming, documenting the car's condition after a busy Saturday nite on Bourbon St... ;)

Cheers!

Well, I'd better hold on to my $TSLA cause there goes my future job security: people (as well as certain large rideshare corporations) frequently underestimate just how much work it will be to keep driverless taxis functioning! There are plenty of things beyond driving the car can't do itself.

Gordo claims he spoke to some NN researcher after AI day who said Tesla was 20 sigma behind. Who is this person? Some 19 year old grad student?

Here is what GJ said “I talked to a neural net researcher this morning… He said that if Tesla is using a simulation, which they said they are, they’re 20 sigma behind waymo”

It seems likely that the NN researcher was not familiar with what Tesla is doing and they answered an ill posed question from GJ.

Here is what GJ said “I talked to a neural net researcher this morning… He said that if Tesla is using a simulation, which they said they are, they’re 20 sigma behind waymo”

It seems likely that the NN researcher was not familiar with what Tesla is doing and they answered an ill posed question from GJ.
My opinion is that GJ needs to be fact checked on every statement. If he can’t/won’t identify his source, then that’s the first rebuttal. I’ve concluded if he willfully distorts information, then call him out at every step. Who’s to say he spoke to anyone?

Last edited:
Ok, but why take it seriously and react to it? It's obvious propaganda.
I think it's importantly to criticize these things because many people and news outlets take his word seriously, and that causes for ignorant people to dislike Tesla. Pretty stupid and it's at least good to quickly silence his lies.

I think it's importantly to criticize these things because many people and news outlets take his word seriously, and that causes for ignorant people to dislike Tesla. Pretty stupid and it's at least good to quickly silence his lies.
None of us are going on TV and countering the lies. They won't stop, anyway. The media didn't just start lying when Tesla went into business. Anyone can say almost anything on TV. It doesn't mean we all need to take it seriously and discuss it as if it is an actual debate of merit.

I will drop it here rather than continue to add volume to this thread.