Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you explain further about what the service revenue stream Gary wanted Tesla to implement?

Also I agree that advertisement at legacy car level is a waste. However, there's also a cost to not advertise, which is the anti-tesla advertising campaign by MSM. This destroy brand value which is not exactly free. I would rather Tesla figure out an advertisement number of insignificance that can offset the cost of brand value destruction. I don't know if this number even exist, but it's worth a discussion.

What destroyed brand value? The Tesla brand is one of the top brands in the world, THE top brand in the engineering ecosystem, and by far the top brand in the automotive world. Traditional advertising cheapens the brand. Tesla's approach, in addition to saving money, adds a mystique to the brand, and in fact proves that all (or at least most) advertising is simply disguised corruption, and you can beat this by not playing the game but instead going your own way.

Anecdotal note: I got my “move your Model X order up by changing to 6-seater“ call tonight. Mine is a Plaid, and when I pressed the rep, he said it could be as soon as a few weeks, but almost certainly by the end of the year (East coast).

I did change it, though I think the 5-seater is actually what I want. But I can take one for the team to help the 4th quarter, and the dogs can find somewhere else to sit back there. I guess I’ll have to sell a couple more covered calls tomorrow…
I love the look and feel of the 6-seater, but what I really missed with my current 7 monopole-seat X, is that ability to fold flat the whole lot

If they solved this with the 6-seater then I'd flip to that as it would work out better for the dogs, TBH I don't understand why they don't hinge the middle-row seats, can't be that hard

Last edited:
They don’t really have any other options psychologically but to keep digging themselves in deeper.

Bears don't obey The First Law:

first-law-of-holes-is-if-you-are-in-one-4666362.png

Cheers!

Not sure if this has been noted before, but the Model Y is now $56,990 with delivery in April 2022 with 20" induction wheels chosen as standard by the website when you start an order, although on the first presentation page the listed price is $54,990, unchanged from before, except that delivery is now JULY 2022, with standard Gemini wheels.

In other words if you want April delivery, you need to pay $2,000 extra and get the induction wheels.

Similar story for the Model 3: August delivery unless you get the extra $1,500 sport wheels to get May delivery
Model X doesn't have these tweaks, same delivery date with either wheels.

Smart way for Tesla to increase (future) profits with same limited battery supply!
It all depends on the batch allocation for that location and the vehicles already assigned in those batches.

When I ordered my Y two weeks ago and asked about when will be the delivery, I was told that if I changed my colour or the number of seats or my delivery location or anything else, it is possible that my order could come either earlier or later.

Reason, he explained, was that Tesla now allocates batches of different mix to each location. If what I order is in the next batch but have all been assigned then there could be one still unassigned in the following batch. But if I ask for delivery to a different location then it might be available for a much earlier (or much later) delivery date.

This explains to me why would Tesla call to suggest moving to a higher trim for an earlier delivery as the delivery date approaches for that batch and there are some still unassigned. The phone calls are much cheaper than shipping to a different location or have any sit in the Existing Inventory list. My guess is they should also be calling to suggest different colour for an earlier date, but unsure if anybody reported that.

Last edited:
Boring Company Vegas Loop 29-mile expansion plan was just officially approved this week. It will have a fleet of 700 Teslas when this phase is complete, running tens of thousands of Vegas residents and tourists per hour around the city providing amazing advertisement for Tesla and eventually showing off FSD.

During the Clark County Commission hearing, Boring Co CEO Steve Davis mentioned ambitions to have Vegas as the first node in a soon-to-be national Loop network. In what seemed to me to be a telling slip of the tongue, he initially said "international". He also said that eventually the plan is still to allow connectivity between Loop and Hyperloop. Additionally, he stated on record that this will be the cheapest and safest urban transport architecture ever designed.

At the hearing, prominent local business leaders, unions, and others all voiced wholeheartedly their approval of the proposal and then the Commission voted unanimously in favor. They are talking about this project as nothing short of revolutionary for Vegas and the whole planet.

LV Convention and Visitors Authority CEO Steve Davis confirmed in an interview that stations can be integrated into any aboveground patch of asphalt and also into underground parking garages. We also learned that at this point they can dig faster than they can construct stations.

In my opinion, this is extremely bullish for Tesla, because

1) It's associated with Elon's influence, wealth and credibility
2) No other company produces better vehicles for this system
3) This will massively accelerate the transition to sustainable energy because it multiplies the benefits of AEVs

I’m surprised there isn’t more attention paid to the Vegas expansion both on this forum and in general. What Musk has achieved there is monumental!

From a technological perspective, it’s almost as impressive as Tesla and SpaceX.

But from the perspective of cutting through government red tape, it’s truly next level. Before Boring, I would never have dreamed that any company (let alone a startup) would be permitted to dig under a big city’s main thoroughfares, fundamentally transforming the city’s entire transportation system. And that the approval for this would be lightening quick and unanimous. Folks, it usually takes five years of overcoming massive resistance to build a single new subway station anywhere in this country.

There have been dozens of posts here just in the last several hours about the need for Tesla advertising. Over the next several years a substantial portion of future new car buyers are going to Vegas and are going to experience not just the marvel of what Boring is accomplishing, but doing so while exclusively riding a Tesla car. There’s no better advertising than the experiential kind.

And Vegas is just the tip of a gigantic iceberg. Lots of other cities are already talking to Boring, and more will do so when they see how the Vegas loop fundamentally solves the traffic problem.

Musk’s vision, and ability to execute on it, is unprecedented in the history of business. He recognized that it’s not enough to fundamentally transform the vehicle itself and fundamentally transform how it’s driven (with FSD). If the vehicle is still stuck in traffic, it’s still a bad user experience too often. Tunnels are the necessary third leg of the transportation transformation stool.

What Musk is accomplishing is mind blowing.

I don't know about you, but I feel like we've made some progress this week: :)

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,422.75 -56.00 (-0.36%)
As of 5:30AM EDT. Market open

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Oct 22, 2021 05:30 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$899.29 +5.29 (+0.59%)
Pre-Market Volume54,422
Pre-Market High$899.7 (04:53:41 AM)
Pre-Market Low$891.5 (04:01:41 AM)

Cheers to the Longs!

Musk’s vision, and ability to execute on it, is unprecedented in the history of business. He recognized that it’s not enough to fundamentally transform the vehicle itself and fundamentally transform how it’s driven (with FSD). If the vehicle is still stuck in traffic, it’s still a bad user experience too often. Tunnels is the necessary third leg of the transportation transformation stool.

I'm having similar thoughts since I expect Boring tunnels to eventually allow private Tesla cars access via AutoPilot. It will be the HOV lane perk, bar none.

FYI. The reference was to Seat, which is a Spanish brand which VW bought several years ago. Sold throughout EU but more popular in Spain and southern EU countries. It is pronounced with 2 syllables.

To be total educating we might add that SEAT used to have a CUPRA model line for ages - but today the CUPRA name is a brand name of full EV models and a re-branding of SEAT to CUPRA as it transitions to a 100% EV brand away from ICE.

EDIT: and Plug-in Hybrids not EV-only it seams

Last edited:
To be total educating we might add that SEAT used to have a CUPRA model line for ages - but today the CUPRA name is a brand name of full EV models and a re-branding of SEAT to CUPRA as it transitions to a 100% EV brand away from ICE.

EDIT: and Plug-in Hybrids not EV-only it seams
I thought this warning message would tickle a few of you...
Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 11.42.47.png

I got that call in 2016, and after price dickering, made the change from 5 to 6. Now, after 5 years, I personally love the strange, wonderful configuration of seats, floor space and limitless leg room in the back seats. And a completely separate HVAC. Elon's Faberge egg it is...
The only problem I have with the six seat configuration is that it's not good for camping, which I do a lot of. You would have to pull a trailer with all the inconvenience that comes with it (not to mention the extra cost), or you would have to have a non-climate controlled tent.

Wonderful and enlightening summary of the SEC investigation into GameStop rally, which is still ongoing with WVAP higher than previous peaks. The report dispelled all of my beliefs on what exactly happened, and many conceptions on how does the financial market works in general.

Since SEC also investigated many stocks that had unusual movements and volume during 2020 and 2021, my assumption is the investigation also included TSLA. This video changed my mind and I now believe there was no naked short in TSLA, and the 2020/early 2021 TSLA run ups had nothing to do with any short squeeze, just like GME did NOT reach that hyperbolic peak due to a short squeeze! Conversely, SEC concluded that the huge spike in GME was due to the reluctance of shorts from entering into any new short position, something I have not previously considered. There were also no naked shorts in GME over the past 3 years despite the over 100% short interest.

Last edited: