Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But do you? For sure? Didn't you feel the same way last week, which is why you still have a load of cash to invest?

Good luck timing the market. I'm perfectly content to buy TSLA whenever I come into some investable funds. Buy low, buy high. It's worked out well for me so far and I am 100% confident it will work out for me in the long run.

I expected it to hit close to $2000 before the dip to $1000. I honestly can't see this going up to $5,000 like some people are predicting.

I've had good luck timing TSLA in the past, so I think the $1700-2200 range is the max of this rally before the plunge.

Maybe so. But I’ve never sold stock in my life so I’m pretty sure that qualifies me as an investor.
I decided last week to sell my stock, I completely forgot I had, in a private company to buy more TSLA. But it takes about one and one half weeks to clear and the funds to be available. I keep thinking about how much lower I potentially could have gotten my purchase if I had been able to have had that money instantly versus waiting so long, as I’m doing now.
I was able to buy a few shares today too. However, I don’t trade. I’m simply someone who works and invests (almost all my income) into this company. I don’t know. Maybe that does diagnose me with “fomo” and if so, then what is the treatment? You’re suggesting I just hold out to buy, maybe for a few more weeks, months…?
(But, it sure is easier emotionally to make a large purchase when the momentum is in the upwards direction - To my position of which, I’ve never sold a single share) 😉
As long as Tesla does not tie their future to India, or decide to invade Russia with winter coming, or give money to people for and then there is this, I am sticking with it. Venn diagrams can be useful.

As kids age, they sometimes find their parents are uncool and sometimes paint them out of their lives. Nobody wins.

Elon is giving parents a path back into their kid's lives by providing an opportunity to do something cool.

Inspired by listening to "Something Cool by June Christy"
over the weekend...

But there are alternatives, like "Something Cool by Hetty Kate"

But when you draw a Venn diagram of Something Cool that will help repair/improve the relationship with your children, to some parents, it looks like this:

1635816416947.png

I am convinced that the correct set of Venn diagrams, drawn at different points in time will support a higher TSLA stock price than we saw today.

The "Something Cool" June Christy tribute Venn diagram above is just one.

I expected it to hit close to $2000 before the dip to $1000. I honestly can't see this going up to $5,000 like some people are predicting.

I've had good luck timing TSLA in the past, so I think the $1700-2200 range is the max of this rally before the plunge.
Good luck to you.
IMHO TSLA's value is playing catch-up with spectacular fundamentals on the books.
There are numerous known catalysts that will push the value higher soon.
A stock split is a wild card that may present at any time.
I don't think TSLA will trade by the technicals in the next few months.

But as I said, good luck to you.

i have load of cash to buy TSLA right now but I fear it is too high now and I just chasing but at the same time don't want to FOMO. Thumb up if you feel the same.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/thr...ors-roundtable.139047/page-15059#post-6072139

Good luck buying in below $1k when earnings are trending to increase 70% or more quarter-over-quarter from Q3 to Q4. In the a timescale of a few weeks anything could happen, but personally I'm not taking any chances on missing the flight.

Last edited:
Good luck to you.
IMHO TSLA's value is playing catch-up with spectacular fundamentals on the books.
There are numerous known catalysts that will push the value higher soon.
A stock split is a wild card that may present at any time.
I don't think TSLA will trade by the technicals in the next few months.

But as I said, good luck to you.

You know, you do make a good point. I was skeptical about TSLA until their Q2 and Q3 reports, which eliminated any doubts about Tesla's ability to increase margins.
Maybe this time, it really is different.

As long as Tesla does not tie their future to India, or decide to invade Russia with winter coming, or give money to people for and then there is this, I am sticking with it. Venn diagrams can be useful.

As kids age, they sometimes find their parents are uncool and sometimes paint them out of their lives. Nobody wins.

Elon is giving parents a path back into their kid's lives by providing an opportunity to do something cool.

Inspired by listening to "Something Cool by June Christy"
over the weekend...

But there are alternatives, like "Something Cool by Hetty Kate"

But when you draw a Venn diagram of Something Cool that will help repair/improve the relationship with your children, to some parents, it looks like this:

View attachment 728292

I am convinced that the correct set of Venn diagrams, drawn at different points in time will support a higher TSLA stock price than we saw today.

The "Something Cool" June Christy tribute Venn diagram above is just one.
That song sounds AMAZING on the stereo in my cool car! Thanks for the link.

Playing model X mas for the trick or treaters last night was better than the king size snickers we were giving out. Even the teenagers were losing their *sugar*!

I decided last week to sell my stock, I completely forgot I had, in a private company to buy more TSLA. But it takes about one and one half weeks to clear and the funds to be available. I keep thinking about how much lower I potentially could have gotten my purchase if I had been able to have had that money instantly versus waiting so long, as I’m doing now.

Wow, you have a much higher appetite for risk than I do. Even after today's runup, I'm still 50/50 in cash vs. TSLA. At my age, there's also less urgency to accumulate wealth quickly, and less time with which to use it.

Which is my long way of saying: "You go, GIRL!" :D

Cheers!

And you have to multiply these numbers by 5 to gain the true magnitude of the last trading days.

22nd October - closed above 4500$ for the first time
25th October - closed above 5,000 for the first time (+ 500$ change)
29th October - closed above 5,500 for the first time (+ 500$ change)
Today - closed above 6,000 for the first time (+500$ change)

Unreal.

And after hours it blows by 1200$ with ease - now 1223$....
I looked at some of my early 2013 posts recently. I stated then that I was a seller of TSLA.
……At $6,000.

Ha Ha! I was only joking!

I have a hunch that Hertz is still trying to negotiate and the contract remains unsigned . . . .and Elon found the perfect way to tell them "take it or leave it".

I would not mind if Elon gave a little rebate to Hertz and sold them the car at the price before the last increase, maybe 2k. I would understand that in a large order with a lot of similar configurations, economies of scales from same configuration could be made. However, I think it is better to stay true to all the current customers who have been buying many Teslas, repeatedly and funded the mission, and who never got a rebate. As a share holder I want Hertz to pay as much as possible to improve Tesla margins.

Last edited:
I would not mind if Elon gave a little credit to Hertz and sold them the car at the price before the last increase, maybe 2k. I would understand that in a large order with a lot of similar configurations, economies of scales from same configuration could be made. However, I think it is better to stay true to all the current customers who have been buying many Teslas, repeatedly and funded the mission, and who never got a rebate. As a share holder I want Hertz to pay as ,I have as possible to improve Tesla margins.

This breaks a long standing Tesla statement of no discounts.

I would not mind if Elon gave a little credit to Hertz and sold them the car at the price before the last increase, maybe 2k. I would understand that in a large order with a lot of similar configurations, economies of scales from same configuration could be made. However, I think it is better to stay true to all the current customers who have been buying many Teslas, repeatedly and funded the mission, and who never got a rebate. As a share holder I want Hertz to pay as ,I have as possible to improve Tesla margins.

on the other hand fields sh@t on tesla every chance he had on cnbc over the last however many years, just like lutz the putz. let him pay up or shut up

all of a sudden he now cares about the transition to EVs?

i call BS, he’s just trying to gain an edge over avis, enterprise, et.al. (but still good they’re doing it, even if not for the reasons advertised)

I cheated and went into margin buying at the last 570 we had. still paying that $2,200 monthly margin cost on that 3.75% interest. I have never been so happy to pay interest on an investment that just hit the +100% milestone today. The positive effect is that I am working to pay slowly that margin back and once I have free cash to invest into TSLA, the stock price will be in the $2,000s

I have a hunch that Hertz is still trying to negotiate and the contract remains unsigned . . . .and Elon found the perfect way to tell them "take it or leave it".

I don't like any CEO making public the deal or the negotiations that are happening between their clients or partners. It is perfectly fine to be very business like, firm with a no nonsense attitude - behind the scenes - with a prospective client or partner. But keep those private. If I were Hertz CEO, I would be upset with that kind of attitude displayed in public.

Don't know how many people have been to a pricing class.

Sum and substance: When you negotiate price you reward people for beating you up and wasting your time. These are behaviors you do not want to encourage. Never negotiate price.

If someone does not like the price, you politely suggest an offering that meets their price point. Less range, fewer motors, etc.

One of the reasons Tesla wipes the floor with the other car makers is Tesla has taken most of the negotiation out of the business. Everyone does what Elon and Franz request and there is no union or dealer network to insist on mediocrity.