Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone remember this? I used to have this as my wallpaper. I know there was a link where one could make updated ones. Anyone have it?

View attachment 728205

Vetle Forsland on Twitter: "$TSLA 10-year stock chart recreated as art https://t.co/zOumV3DVf1" / Twitter | Aug 18, 2020

EfukCGdXgAAPUqD

Cheers!

EDIT: Per etf.com, as of April 222ETFs were holding 61.8M shares of TSLA. These are not just S&P and BM funds, but include other non-BM funds like ARK funds.
Perhaps, as of now, BM funds have decent amount of TSLA shares, and aren't too short?

FYI: ETF.com now shows that 244 ETFs hold a total of 63.1M shares of TSLA. (Only a ~2.1% increase, but that is still essentially an additional 1.3 million shares out of circulation.)

The frustration and anxiety of not being able to buy more until Thursday morning 😭

Yeah, you have FOMO. Read and learn about its psychological effects. There will be more opportunities to buy:

"Lodger's Ten Rules for Investment Success": (c) 2021 - 3rd Revised Edition

Even today, there were entrance and exit opportunities. But ask yourself: Am I an Investor or a Trader? Just be aware if you're going to buy for short-term gains, you have to be ready to SELL in the short-term (not so easy too do). If you're an Investor, you can take your time to get it right. Many seasoned hands here on this Board subscribe to the "dollar-cost averaging" method of accumulating. As you are young and with a steady income, this may be something to consider as part of your long term strategy for building wealth.

Best of luck, (always).

Cheers!

Yeah, you have FOMO. Read and learn about its psychological effects. There will be more opportunities to buy:

"Lodger's Ten Rules for Investment Success": (c) 2021 - 3rd Revised Edition

Even today, there were entrance and exit opportunities. But ask yourself: Am I an Investor or a Trader? Just be aware if you're going to buy for short-term gains, you have to be ready to SELL in the short-term (not so easy too do). If you're an Investor, you can take your time to get it right. Many seasoned hands here on this Board subscribe to the "dollar-cost averaging" method of accumulating. As you are young and with a steady income, this may be something to consider as part of your long term strategy for building wealth.

Best of luck, (always).

Cheers!
Maybe so. But I’ve never sold stock in my life so I’m pretty sure that qualifies me as an investor.
I decided last week to sell my stock, I completely forgot I had, in a private company to buy more TSLA. But it takes about one and one half weeks to clear and the funds to be available. I keep thinking about how much lower I potentially could have gotten my purchase if I had been able to have had that money instantly versus waiting so long, as I’m doing now.
I was able to buy a few shares today too. However, I don’t trade. I’m simply someone who works and invests (almost all my income) into this company. I don’t know. Maybe that does diagnose me with “fomo” and if so, then what is the treatment? You’re suggesting I just hold out to buy, maybe for a few more weeks, months…?
(But, it sure is easier emotionally to make a large purchase when the momentum is in the upwards direction - To my position of which, I’ve never sold a single share) 😉

Last edited by a moderator: