Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a hunch that Hertz is still trying to negotiate and the contract remains unsigned . . . .and Elon found the perfect way to tell them "take it or leave it".

WAIT WAIT WAIT ….. does this mean the current very long model 3 delivery estimates in the USA is before Hertz has made an order???

That seems consequential If it is the case (Although it is possible Tesla has accounted for the hertz deliveries before the contract is finalized)

Wow, you have a much higher appetite for risk than I do. Even after today's runup, I'm still 50/50 in cash vs. TSLA. At my age, there's also less urgency to accumulate wealth quickly, and less time with which to use it.

Which is my long way of saying: "You go, GIRL!" :D

Cheers!
That means a lot to me, Artful. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without this community here everyday. Truly, I grow more and more convicted, and maybe a little obsessed (ask anyone who knows me lol), with this company the more I learn and HODL during the ups and downs of the market.
I really don’t know that much about a lot of things but one thing I do know for sure is through the red and through the green, I’m 100% in this thing for a long, long time to come. 💖

I don't like any CEO making public the deal or the negotiations that are happening between their clients or partners. It is perfectly fine to be very business like, firm with a no nonsense attitude - behind the scenes - with a prospective client or partner. But keep those private. If I were Hertz CEO, I would be upset with that kind of attitude displayed in public.
How upset would you be if there are no negotiations happening? Nothing to negotiate besides expectations on deliveries which is what Tesla decides.

Sorry Hertz do get a deal...which is someone doesn't need to sit in front of a computer and order 100k model 3s one at a time.

I don't like any CEO making public the deal or the negotiations that are happening between their clients or partners. It is perfectly fine to be very business like, firm with a no nonsense attitude - behind the scenes - with a prospective client or partner. But keep those private. If I were Hertz CEO, I would be upset with that kind of attitude displayed in public.
ehh normally i’d agree. but i’d guess hertz is pussyfooting around and that tweet (like @The Accountant pointed out) is Elons way of saying he doesn’t have time for that bs. fields has been bashing tesla for years. elon isn’t going to get steamrolled in a negotiation with him

total guess though 🤷🏼‍♂️

A friend of mine had $100,000 to invest and, knowing of my stake in TSLA he asked me if he would be getting in too late. My response was, "It's never too late to invest in TSLA, especially if you're looking long-term." The share price was $675 at the time.

I would have the same answer today.
Here is how I worked last week to assuage the frustration of a very close sailing friend who sold out of Tesla this summer (he’s German, thus the geographic references in the message):

…...Still early days. Not as early as they had been but earlier than they will be tomorrow. The reason TSLA had such a market capitalization jump yesterday was NOT because the $4.2 billion Hertz order justified a market cap increase of $130 billion….but rather, because the Hertz decision was a spectacular affirmation that Tesla really, truly is indeed going to be the dominant provider of automobiles in the years and decades to come. Closer to your home, that incredible situation 7-10 days back of Herbert Diess inviting Musk to the VW management summit of its top 200 executives so that he could expound on how Tesla performs its logistics and manufacturing magic…TO THE #1 COMPETITOR!!!!!!!!…is a stunning demonstration of how secure Tesla’s position is.

Bottom line: Tesla is well on its way toward its producing Musk’s stated goal of 20 million vehicles per year by 2030; that will be giving them a BASE CASE OF $600 billion in revenue and $120 billion in profits. And THAT means that today’s stock price of $1000 is on schedule for rising by another ten times.

So - if you have funds available, forget about your summer exit point and buy it now. If you want to wait for another dip I’ll understand, but also understand that when the stock is at $10,000 (sorry, you’re back home: $10.000😁) then the difference of whether you got in at $1000 or at $900 will be meaningless.

If you do NOT have funds available, because I think you told me you used those summer funds to buy more real estate, then things are just a bit more complicated but you COULD consider diversifying out of some of your rental holdings. On that point I do not feel very comfortable advising you.

I sincerely hope this helps. OR, you could just come on board whatever boats we buy in the years to come and enjoy Tesla winnings in that way…without having to own the boat! Win Win.

I would not mind if Elon gave a little rebate to Hertz and sold them the car at the price before the last increase, maybe 2k. I would understand that in a large order with a lot of similar configurations, economies of scales from same configuration could be made. However, I think it is better to stay true to all the current customers who have been buying many Teslas, repeatedly and funded the mission, and who never got a rebate. As a share holder I want Hertz to pay as much as possible to improve Tesla margins.
No

SR+ is not just the model 3, range increase to 267

272 miles with aero-wheels. Also the 0-60 time is slightly increased from 5.3 seconds to 5.8 seconds. I'm guessing this is an improvement on the original LFP pack that was estimated to have 253 miles?

buws4ieh93x71.jpg

I don't think Elon is a someone who can be arm twisted or steamrolled. But keep that brashness between two negotiating parties in private not display it in public. It is just poor manners except in very unique circumstances.
Err.. there should be no negotiations.

Please consider John Wooden as a reference on this.

There are inefficient cultures that highly value and respect negotiation. Not a value added activity when compared to cooperation.

I don't think Elon is a someone who can be arm twisted or steamrolled. But keep that brashness between two negotiating parties in private not display it in public. It is just poor manners except in very unique circumstances.
There is nothing to negotiate. That’s Elon‘s point. He actually might be a little stressed out about the whole deal.