Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 748467

@wooter got it. The mug is available on a number of sites, and isn't Tesla-specific (as unbelievable as it sounds, some people have other hobbies!), but it does hit most of the high points. Only change I'd make is to delete the word "spare"! ;) :cool:
And make $millions from TSLA! Happy Holidays! ☃️🎉

Last edited:
So these people also bounce off walls, buildings, cars, etc. to locate themselves while driving?
When you get older and your eye sight starts diminishing, you'll understand these adjustments you need to make. Sometimes when I'm parking I need to open my mouth and clack my tongue to help get the car lined up just right.

So these people also bounce off walls, buildings, cars, etc. to locate themselves while driving?
Um…yeah. Like they pull into or back into their garage and keep going until they hit the back wall or whatever they’ve got stacked there.

I didn’t believe it either until I came across someone who did it right in front of me and I asked them point blank, wtf?! And then I started to recognize and see it in other people. Some more prevalent than others.

But yes, there are a lot of people who think bumpers are just for that, bumping into solid objects including other people’s cars.

🤷🏻

And then there are all the people who regularly drive over curbs on purpose or because they honestly can’t figure out what angle to turn their car at to avoid curbs.

People are sucky drivers. Surely all the stories here of safety score issues should have alerted you. And no, despite some groaning, you don’t have to drive like a granny to score 100, but you do have to give others lots of room and anticipate certain situations to avoid them, and not drive like you’re at Daytona.

TL: DR: "Tesla has grown to the point where it is profitable and large enough to grow even in the face of increased competition from the established automakers. It projects sales growth of 50% or better this year and beyond. And the stock has mostly bucked the declines in the sector, rising 51% so far this year."

TL: DR: "Tesla has grown to the point where it is profitable and large enough to grow even in the face of increased competition from the established automakers. It projects sales growth of 50% or better this year and beyond. And the stock has mostly bucked the declines in the sector, rising 51% so far this year."
Also from same report

In regarding to Rivian/Lucid/Tesla dip
"Much of the dip is due to continued announcements from established automakers such as Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford and GM about additional investment plans in EVs. The concern is that even if consumer preferences and tougher environment rules are about to create a massive shift from gasoline-powered vehicles to electrics, stand-alone EV companies won't necessarily win the battle."

A+ analysis if you are trying to be the best at your clown school.

Also from same report

In regarding to Rivian/Lucid/Tesla dip
"Much of the dip is due to continued announcements from established automakers such as Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford and GM about additional investment plans in EVs. The concern is that even if consumer preferences and tougher environment rules are about to create a massive shift from gasoline-powered vehicles to electrics, stand-alone EV companies won't necessarily win the battle."

A+ analysis if you are trying to be the best at your clown school.

Always endeavour to consider context. Taken in context the paragraphs immediately following this one; it appears that the writer may be bearish on some standalone EV companies, but not Tesla. The quote including the lines after it reads:

"Much of the dip is due to continued announcements from established automakers such as Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford and GM about additional investment plans in EVs. The concern is that even if consumer preferences and tougher environment rules are about to create a massive shift from gasoline-powered vehicles to electrics, stand-alone EV companies won't necessarily win the battle.

"There are going to be losers in the battle for EV market share," said Ives. "Rivian coming out of gate with a delivery short fall, that couldn't have come at a worst time. It's a dark cloud on the pure play EV makers. And investors have a lot less patience with any execution missteps."

Tesla has grown to the point where it is profitable and large enough to grow even in the face of increased competition from the established automakers. It projects sales growth of 50% or better this year and beyond. And the stock has mostly bucked the declines in the sector, rising 51% so far this year.
Although that is only a fraction of the 743% gain Tesla stock achieved in 2020, it's better than most of the established automakers other than Ford, whose shares are up 131% this year after posting significant gains in its own EV efforts."

That's quite funny seeing where you're from. The very first time I visited NYC I witnessed bumpers being used as parking aids.
Mind you, it's probably worse in Italy and France.
Central NY State, I'm about 5 hours away from the city and live in the woods. I also should have been more clear, when I said "driving" I meant driving on roads not pulling into garages and parking spaces.

I just saw a very nice red BYD in Costa Rica. Thought it was a Tesla Model S at first. O… K… :oops:

My brother in law commented how they are fairly common here, and there are charging stations for them, but the kW he wasn’t sure. Reason this wasn’t a Tesla is cost he said.

China surprised me, unexpectedly here. Competition isn’t from the ICE converting to EVs I think - Monroe has the right idea. I’m going to look into this more.

China also funded a very large bridge decades ago here. Seeds were planted long ago. But man… same headlights and a sweet looking ride.

Always endeavour to consider context. Taken in context the paragraphs immediately following this one; it appears that the writer may be bearish on some standalone EV companies, but not Tesla. The quote including the lines after it reads:

"Much of the dip is due to continued announcements from established automakers such as Volkswagen, Toyota, Ford and GM about additional investment plans in EVs. The concern is that even if consumer preferences and tougher environment rules are about to create a massive shift from gasoline-powered vehicles to electrics, stand-alone EV companies won't necessarily win the battle.

"There are going to be losers in the battle for EV market share," said Ives. "Rivian coming out of gate with a delivery short fall, that couldn't have come at a worst time. It's a dark cloud on the pure play EV makers. And investors have a lot less patience with any execution missteps."

Tesla has grown to the point where it is profitable and large enough to grow even in the face of increased competition from the established automakers. It projects sales growth of 50% or better this year and beyond. And the stock has mostly bucked the declines in the sector, rising 51% so far this year.
Although that is only a fraction of the 743% gain Tesla stock achieved in 2020, it's better than most of the established automakers other than Ford, whose shares are up 131% this year after posting significant gains in its own EV efforts."
The writer wrote that nonsense about why the dip. It's Dan who commented that Tesla is in pole position.

Reactions: StealthP3D
I just saw a very nice red BYD in Costa Rica. Thought it was a Tesla Model S at first. O… K… :oops:

My brother in law commented how they are fairly common here, and there are charging stations for them, but the kW he wasn’t sure. Reason this wasn’t a Tesla is cost he said.

China surprised me, unexpectedly here. Competition isn’t from the ICE converting to EVs I think - Monroe has the right idea. I’m going to look into this more.

China also funded a very large bridge decades ago here. Seeds were planted long ago. But man… same headlights and a sweet looking ride.
You'll find that Chinese made products do pretty well everywhere except the big first world countries.

I expect this to continue on forward. There's an inherent bias against Chinese made products(being poor, copy cat clones, cut corners, full of lead). Also you add in a dose of "it spies on you" and Americans would rather not embarrass themselves with an unknown brand with zero service infrastructure. Unlike cellphones, you can't ship a car back to a distribution center for repairs nor can you use pep boys (even so, Americans didn't buy any Chinese made cells phones even though they are the best bang for the buck).

Also consider that it took over a decade for Americans to warm up to the new Korean car brands on the block. People found their cars to have more features for the same priced luxury car with an aggressive warranty. However, I really don't think BYD can import a car into the U.S and sell it with more features and CHEAPER than a Tesla...ever. Tesla will continue it's lead on price per performance. That's kind of their thing...the original plan was to out compete the Chinese before they can even copy..now we find that they just are copying Tesla's manufacturing process just to keep up as Musk wanted it to be.

Likely not the prettiest, or most aerodynamic solution - but this driver has demonstrated that it is possible to use Starlink with a Tesla while driving.

You'll find that Chinese made products do pretty well everywhere except the big first world countries.

I expect this to continue on forward. There's an inherent bias against Chinese made products(being poor, copy cat clones, cut corners, full of lead). Also you add in a dose of "it spies on you" and Americans would rather not embarrass themselves with an unknown brand with zero service infrastructure. Unlike cellphones, you can't ship a car back to a distribution center for repairs nor can you use pep boys (even so, Americans didn't buy any Chinese made cells phones even though they are the best bang for the buck).

Also consider that it took over a decade for Americans to warm up to the new Korean car brands on the block. People found their cars to have more features for the same priced luxury car with an aggressive warranty. However, I really don't think BYD can import a car into the U.S and sell it with more features and CHEAPER than a Tesla...ever. Tesla will continue it's lead on price per performance. That's kind of their thing...the original plan was to out compete the Chinese before they can even copy..now we find that they just are copying Tesla's manufacturing process just to keep up as Musk wanted it to be.
We have been here before.
Japan took over the World Auto industry in the 1980s with their efficient, well made and reliable vehicles in response to laggard American auto manafacturers resting on their laurels.
The 2020s will have China EVs and Tesla take over the World Auto industry with their electric propulsion, computing prowness for autonomous driving and safety, in response to the laggard American, German and Japanese ICE auto manufacturers resting on their laurels.
Based on all we have seen to date, this is as certain as the sun coming up tomorrow.

Last edited: