Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever is happening in market is not just TSLA. eg AAPL, MSFT, and GOOG graphs all look the same as TSLA today
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 8.07.56 AM.png

EM and others have long looked at tunnels as a solution to lots of urban transport challenges. He applied a bit of new thinking to the problem but ...it's failing to really resonate. Why? Address that.
Solar roofing- GAF has a new product, Tesla solar roof has been swimming in challenges (from trying to break contracts because they screwed up- over and over you see that one, to an inability to manufacture a roof). I feel that if someone spent a year on a roofing crew, was young, and innovative that there is a lot of room in this space.
To again push back (gently) on these negative opinions, it is way too early to use "failing" and "inability" in any sentence regarding startups that are quickly innovating.

You think you know more than you know.

TSLA is always more volatile than their peers. It's not like TSLA is getting hammered while other companies are green.

And? Even Rivian is only down 1-2% and TSLA is down more than Lucid.....so yeah I'm going to say TSLA is being specifically targeted and we all know it has a lot to do with options, not genuine selling.

TSLA down 5% is the same as Apple down 1%? Tech/Nasdaq is down, but TSLA is still being targeted though here intentionally
Definitely games being played - massive spoofing going on with very large orders (as large as 17,400) being put in and pulled. "They" are protecting $1,150 at the moment. Every time TSLA dares to go over $1,149, the spoofing starts. Hopefully, buy orders come in that take out the spoofers.

I feel compelled to say that I prefer "tracement" over "retracement" as yesterday was much more interesting to sit through.

All this dilly-dallying around, taking profits, and triggering stops is getting in the way of the SP reaching a point where my qualification for sporting the Teslanaire T-shirt is realized.

At least I can clearly see the light at the end of the shirt sleeve from here. ;)

Looks like a good day to go dig dirt and cut Yaupon on some MTB trail while TSLA gets through these preliminaries before the next uptick.

Last edited:
To again push back (gently) on these negative opinions, it is way too early to use "failing" and "inability" in any sentence regarding startups that are quickly innovating.

You think you know more than you know.
They are not negative. I'm very hopeful on both but the reality is not great. Go ask Elon if he is satisfied, I sure wouldn't be if they were my companies. Secondly, Tesla Solar is far ..far from a startup condition. We are 15 years in and over a trillion in market cap and highly cash flow positive. Huge positive cash flow.

Maybe there is something about Boring I don't know. I could well believe that. I hope so. Do you find Boring compelling? Did you go to LV and take the tunnel ride? How do you see that scaling?

Reactions: petit_bateau
I could care less about short term SP. The only numbers that matter to me at this point are P&D numbers from the 4th quarter, and those haven't changed since yesterday. Let WS do what WS wants for now ...... I'm playing for the long term.

Cheers to the longs.

EDIT: Just used this opportunity to buy $14k of Tesla for our Roth IRAs. Thanks to those who sold ... you are a bunch of morons.

Last edited: