Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you mean thestockschannel which I'm a fan of, but it does look like we'll escape the bull trap as the indices seem to be in our favor. I'd really like to get above the MA20 tomorrow though ;) $1010 maybe?
Yes from the lash video he seems pretty bullish with macro. Might have a green month then another drop before resuming the bull trend. Still advising to be cautious with margin.

Tesla lost points as their "app platform" is mostly included in the car vs the app. Hopefully someone, with less obvious bias, does a test with the Tesla App on other cars to see how well it stacks up.

Who is funding this supposed benchmark I wonder?

Benchmark is run by Umlat, which is owned by Accenture, who partners with...wait for it...wait...a bit more...I bet there's more, but I feel like the point is made...this took me about ~3 minutes.

It seems a bit misleading and a huge conflict of interest for an engineering company to post a benchmark while their parent company works with seemingly all legacy auto...
Agree with everything you said - and appreciate sleuthing out the inherent conflicts of interest. Aside from that omission, which was glaring, their biggest mistake was in trying to create a "fair" comparison by forcing Tesla into the model of its competitors; Tesla's vehicle and charging system is an integrated solution, whereas the study purports to just focus on a category, called CPO - Charge Point Operators. That's like iPhone vs Android and ignoring that there is a benefit to users who choose to be in an integrated system that Apple operates. That's the classical trade-off between a Systems Integrator (Accenture) approach and a vertical stack integration (Tesla). As a further point for this, they show a chart that highlights the charging start times between providers, and make a comment that all other providers use the ISO Standard, whereas Tesla's solution is proprietary - and yet Tesla has the fastest charging start time. This is classic - SI vs operator. I've been on both sides of this field - there are pros and cons to each. The clear winner now is the Tesla approach.

Hopefully the graph from the article copies correctly below..

Attachments

• Charged-2021-EV-Fast-Charging-Benchmark-Fig2-2048x1008.jpeg
    Charged-2021-EV-Fast-Charging-Benchmark-Fig2-2048x1008.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Elon really needs to STFU on this covid stuff on Twitter. I'm getting tired of it. He was wrong in the beginning and should stick to doing what he knows best.

There's nothing worse than tripling down when you're wrong. He might be the smartest person to get us to Mars, but he's losing a lot of respect from me.

Not that it matters coming me, but its why I've believed in his companies since 2012.

STFU Elon.

I see you have nominated yourself for "Head pot-stirrer" of the Investors Roundtable. Is there any particular reason you like to detract from and dilute the topics we like to discuss here?

I see you have nominated yourself for "Head pot-stirrer" of the Investors Roundtable. Is there any particular reason you like to detract from and dilute the topics we like to discuss here?
Not really, just releasing my frustrations....I mean, most of these posts in here right now are talking about futuristic ideas more than concrete substance in regards to investing in Tesla. And Elon is part of why we stay invested right? So he's part of my investment frustration, talking about things that have nothing to do with his companies.

Anyway, whatever right? I'll just be on my way....forget it ever happened. :)

Last edited:
You really think that Elon going way outside his wheelhouse on Twitter and posting a pile of incendiary nonsense is irrelevant? The man is destroying his own credibility for no reason at all.

I absolutely agree that Elon should STFU about COVID, freedom, censorship, and other incendiary topics that have no relevance. Just like Biden, he's crapping on the very people who are his supporters. And he's pushing blatant falsehoods just like we see every day in the NYT and LA Times regarding Tesla.

I only have one EV in my life, a Tesla, so I can’t comment on this. But, something must be off about this survey?

Are you saying the global engineering firm, Umlat, whose clients are legacy auto, might have gamed the benchmark metrics to assure that Tesla's network couldn't come out #1?

No, they are a respectable firm, they would never do something like that. It would require conspiracy amongst multiple participants in the organization.

Geez! We sure do have a lot of wacko conspiracy theorists that hang out here! Next thing you know big oil has been conspiring with big auto to decrease MPG and emissions standards and encourage the production of bigger, heavier and more powerful vehicles! Will it never end? /s

I thought something while watching the earnings call. I thought I'd see other people post about it. And I have not, but then I do not read every post any longer. But this is different enough that I would have picked up on it if someone said it...
I felt Elon advanced the Optimus timeline forward much faster than I could imagine he could..or even would try. And he dropped Cyber(nota)truck off the calendar, along with other EV's.
And FSD seemed to get moved forward with some surety I hadn't sensed.

And I put 1 and 1 and 1 together.
3) Elon has some insight, and feels that Tesla AI is achieving its goal very soon....it's complete goal. And that is going to be so huge that the energy/resources focused on EV's would be best directed at FSD/AI/Optimus. It's palpable to him.

Last edited:
Yes from the lash video he seems pretty bullish with macro. Might have a green month then another drop before resuming the bull trend. Still advising to be cautious with margin.

Just to add to this, when I see Tom Lee on CNBS, I do listen a bit more than usual lol…obviously do your research depending on your situation, but he’s forecasting for a pretty strong February. Back in December/Early January he was one of the few analysts that saw through the sell off (and that it wouldn’t be that bad).

HODL. 🚀

I thought something while watching the earnings call. I thought I'd see other people post about it. And I have not, but then I do not read every post any longer. But this is different enough that I would have picked up on it if someone said it...
I felt Elon advanced the Optimus timeline forward much faster than I could imagine he could..or even would try. And he dropped Cyber(nota)truck of the calendar along with other EV's.
And FSD seemed to get moved forward with some surety I hadn't sensed.
And I put 1 and 1 and 1 together.
3) Elon has some insight, and feels that Tesla AI is achieving its goal very soon....it's complete goal. And that is going to be so huge that the energy/resources focused on EV's would be best directed at FSD/AI/Optimus. It's palpable to him.

This is OT but maybe not:

Anyone knows anything about Jim Keller’s AI chip? Like, if it’s done and ready?

His brother in law, a guy named Jordan Peterson said on a podcast with a guy named Joe Rogan that the chip is done and apparently Jim said “this is bigger than the internet” as the impact it will have. 👀

You really think that Elon going way outside his wheelhouse on Twitter and posting a pile of incendiary nonsense is irrelevant? The man is destroying his own credibility for no reason at all.

I absolutely agree that Elon should STFU about COVID, freedom, censorship, and other incendiary topics that have no relevance. Just like Biden, he's crapping on the very people who are his supporters. And he's pushing blatant falsehoods just like we see every day in the NYT and LA Times regarding Tesla.

I don't do Twitter but if you could show me where Elon is posting false medical advice you might change my view on this. Until then I don't think Elon gave up his rights as a private citizen just because he took on big jobs to help humanity.

I find it ironic that his detractors can sit on the sidelines and throw peanuts at him while contributing nothing themselves (and presumably still retain their freedom of speech rights). It's never sat well with me when someone tells someone else what they can and can't say.

This is OT but maybe not:

Anyone knows anything about Jim Keller’s AI chip? Like, if it’s done and ready?

His brother in law, a guy named Jordan Peterson said on a podcast with a guy named Joe Rogan that the chip is done and apparently Jim said “this is bigger than the internet” as the impact it will have. 👀
roughly what time stamp in the pod was this brought up? thanks

Quick note I didn't see called out here:

There was this blurb about Karpathy posting some Tesla AI roles in his team. The bit that caught my attention was that Tesla Bot was described as an AI platform. This sent all sorts of bells ringing in my head. This may be very familiar for the "Product" people, but for those that are not familiar, a Tesla Bot platform implies an iPhone like capability where other developers can code the bot to do specific things, and sell those capabilities via an app store. And tesla will take a cut of the revenue.

Of course Tesla will have its own apps for the bot, and open source some reference implementations. And there will also be a digital model of the bot and a hundreds of thousands of stochastically generated digital environments in which other developers can train the bot to do useful stuff. Like entertaining your kid with a game or rock paper scissors, or pick up toys, or fold the laundry, etc. The complexity can ramp up over time. And the guts can be modular and upgraded.

This is one of those things that will have massive network effects where a critical mass of consumers and developers come together, and when that happens it becomes almost impossible for a newcomer to unseat the incumbent. Again like the appstore. At some point an Android equivalent may come along, but I am not sure if anyone is even thinking about it.
Lots of good reactions to this post and wanted to expand on a few more items that struck me.

If the Teslabot platform comes to life eventually in the way I imagine it to be, it would change not just Tesla's core business, but also the business of a lot of companies in the world.

Imagine big tech and a lot of other companies developing software skills that run on the Tesla bot that enable it to use their product. Some of these are tongue in cheek ;)

Apple: Tess, get me my phone
Amazon: Tess, get my stuff inside (bonus: breakdown and recycle boxes)
Walmart: Tess, hop in the car and get my groceries. (Another bot there conveniently had packed everything)
Samsung / LG: load my dishwasher / washing machine
Blue apron: Tess, make the mushroom pasta dish for lunch
Cuisinart: Tess, make some toast for breakfast
Pampers: Tess, change the diapers on Johnny

It becomes incumbent on all product companies to not just build a product but teach Tess how to use that product.

Companies that can't teach Tess to execute their labor intensive processes will go out of business.

Eventually all the bots need to be upgraded and those original versions that can no longer be upgraded can do some menial work like plugging in / out the supercharger cables for the cars on the robotaxi network. The more advanced ones can detail the car in the lean hours.

It's an unexpected vision (to me) of how businesses of the future will work, can't wait to fast forward 10 years to see how this evolves.

Last edited: