Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey look, Volvo gets it!

"This is the biggest technology shift since we switched from wood to steel," a Volvo engineer told Automotive News Europe. Volvo's head of engineering and operations told the outlet that the new process will cut down the time it takes to assemble large aluminum parts by 75%.

I hope Polestar is on board.

Macro view wise, today

S&P PE ratio is 25
10yr is at 1.95
Full employment
Fed rate: 0%

Historically speaking, these metrics point to a bull market. The only bear market I can find will full employment was the .com crash. However during the .com crash 10yr was at 6.5% and PE was >30. The crash caused unemployment to spike afterwards, deepening the bear market.

Possible first Austin made Y Vin has been reported. Says delivery estimate is Feb 25th-March 5th. Also said he's been reassigned vin 3 times already so could be that it gets updated to a Fremont made Y.

I'm curious as to what they're using for a test track. Are they sending out Austin Made Y to a nearby testing track until one get's made at Austin?

Lol, but isn't that exactly what a LEAP spread is? Except that you buy-low sell-high both at the same time?

Anyway, too many MMs icky fingers in that pie for me... will stick to buy'n'HODL ;)

Cheers!

You can buy high and sell low, and still make lots. For example, I bought some Jan2023 700/800 call spreads when TSLA was $900ish in December, which will yield full 100% ROI if TSLA SP goes *down* to $800 (or anything higher of course) at expiration.

You can buy high and sell low, and still make lots. For example, I bought some Jan2023 700/800 call spreads when TSLA was $900ish in December, which will yield full 100% ROI if TSLA SP goes *down* to $800 (or anything higher of course) at expiration.
Thanks. Every once in a while I need confirmation that I will never, ever understand options.

Hey look, Volvo gets it!

"This is the biggest technology shift since we switched from wood to steel," a Volvo engineer told Automotive News Europe. Volvo's head of engineering and operations told the outlet that the new process will cut down the time it takes to assemble large aluminum parts by 75%.

Can anyone read the quotes from Volvo from the original Automotive News article?

I'm hoping to know when we'll see the first cars produced with megacastings from Volvo? (I'm worried that this is just 'talk' from Volvo). I'd really like to see another EV company succeed and this might be the first step towards that end.

Or just distribute the funds based on sales… i.e: for every X amount of EVs sold we will give you $Y towards building a charging station.
Yeah, I guess I should have elaborated a little more in my first post by saying that if we (US) want the most efficient clean tech, Tesla is the only way to go. We all know they have the best engineers and are already on V3 of their cables. IF the only point the govt has is to "beat" the other countries to the transition, well then, it would makes sense to just use Tesla.

Screw fairness to the other players - they had their chance.

Here's the add I get when I go to max pain. And no, it isn't soon, it is end of this year...maybe...fingers crossed...if you win the lottery...and get the very first one made. I like competition, but ugh, this one is tough with its past history...

Screenshot 2022-02-08 5.53.41 PM.png

Since 2021, companies have announced investments totaling more than $200 billion in domestic manufacturing here in America. From iconic companies like GM and Ford, building out new electric vehicle production [facilities], to Tesla, our nation’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer, to innovative, younger companies like Rivian, building electric trucks, or ProTerra, building electric buses
yeeeeah? I don't know what you heard. But I know what he said....and did not say.
GM, Ford, Rivian, and even whoever the fudge Pro Terra is(?) sounds better in that sentence.... He book ends a bland Tesla between Iconic companies, and Innovative, younger companies. making Tesla out to be the least of the five.
If I had Heard "Tesla, our nation's AND THE WORLD's largest electric vehicle manufacturer." Then I would have seen Tesla in a far greater position. The three words were very thoughtfully left off by design.
He clipped Tesla. I'd have preferred he not mentioned "us." More people would actually like Tesla if he did not say our name.
Then again maybe even the mentioning was done to reduce the perception of Tesla. Say "Tesla", and make it sound like they aren't all that.

For some reason Gali shared a video where his car appears to swerve into a bicyclist. Expect major FUD over the next few days as it trickles through the FUD-osphere.

I believe the car was going to stop, but it does not look good.

Besides whatever happened there (I think the car on the left freaked the car out and immediate alerted gali to take over), the entire 1hr drive is actually pretty crazy and makes people more bullish than bearish.

BTW, the incident happens at min 25. It'll be best to watch the entire thing in context. Gali said the car was not going to hit the bicyclist and is pretty far away.

Last edited:
Besides whatever happened there (I think the car on the left freaked the car out and immediate alerted gali to take over), the entire 1hr drive is actually pretty crazy and makes people more bullish than bearish.

I was just asking myself if the stress of being a TSLA investor was still worth it but then I reminded myself that that's the cost of outsized gains. People who don't want to deal with the ups and down buy something boring. I didn't share to scare anyone, but it's good to be prepared IMO.

I'm off right now so I need to spend some time with 10.10