Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We freak out because we drive about twice the mileage of any other country in the world and driving is absolutely essential to work a ton of jobs, especially the in the working class, who are already stretched unbelievably thin.
Agree. Although gas is relatively cheap in Texas, I regularly see the repair/maintenance/lawn care pickups refueling at Buc-ees, which have prices ~10% lower than other brands. It obviously has an impact to their bottom line.

Russians are shelling the largest nuclear power plant in Europe. It’s on fire.
Pathetic. We suck.

I remember being in Greece in 1986 post Chernobyl and we were told to stay out of the sun and not eat green vegetables. It was beyond moronic. Guess I am a latent cancer waiting to happen...

So now it is time to blow up some more nuclear. And for this to ditch the market. Sure, sounds right. Cause like anyone will care in two days.

Russians are genius! At least it will not release radiation into their back yard.

BTW, Fukushima is leaking more radiation than ever into the Pacific on a daily basis and no one gives a %^*&.

I am going to keep buying, cause either we bounce back or we all to get to burn together, either way it works out.

Inflation from just a couple things like gas and wheat will largely be ignored IF other signs of inflation ease such as housing. There will also be a point where gas prices hit a point (which I think is very close) where demand materially drops. People will find other workarounds, carpool together, go out less, etc...

Luckily nowadays you don't have to be driving around all the time to entertain yourself or get goods delivered to your home.

Also, someone mentioned earlier, but when this whole Russia thing does end, the world is going to end up with a glut of excess oil supply. Price for oil will go down drastically.

And I've looked around and the supply chain worries from Ukraine that I was seeing when the whole conflict broke out were grossly exaggerated. Chip suppliers themselves have said they don't rely on materials from Ukraine.
You might be right about inflation. But ppl r afraid increase in transportation cost will cause price increase in almost all goods. I think as long as the war drags on, inflation pressure will be there, fed would not hike rates drastically and the stock market can continue to go up. as soon as truce is signed, the stock market will plummet faster than the ink dries.

Pathetic. We suck.

I remember being in Greece in 1986 post Chernobyl and we were told to stay out of the sun and not eat green vegetables. It was beyond moronic. Guess I am a latent cancer waiting to happen...

So now it is time to blow up some more nuclear. And for this to ditch the market. Sure, sounds right. Cause like anyone will care in two days.

Russians are genius! At least it will not release radiation into their back yard.

BTW, Fukushima is leaking more radiation than ever into the Pacific on a daily basis and no one gives a %^*&.

I am going to keep buying, cause either we bounce back or we all to get to burn together, either way it works out.
as sad as it is, unless some missiles strike the reactor, this is just fear and buying opportunity.

Ok so why is everything down in after hours? Some sort of news come out?

U.S. stock futures dive as Russia attacks Ukraine’s largest nuclear plant

TSLA.2022-03-03.19-03.UKR.nukes.png

You might be right about inflation. But ppl r afraid increase in transportation cost will cause price increase in almost all goods. I think as long as the war drags on, inflation pressure will be there, fed would not hike rates drastically and the stock market can continue to go up. as soon as truce is signed, the stock market will plummet faster than the ink dries.
Yeah...sorry but I'd have to completely disagree. Powell has been very transparent and telegraphed. Powell wasn't going to raise the rate in March .5% regardless of what was going on with Russia/Ukraine. If the Fed's weren't going to do a .5% hike at 7% inflation, then they're flat out not going to do it. Inflation may stay high for the remainder of the 1st half of this year, but wil drastically drop off in the 2nd half of this year........which gives the Fed less incentive to raise rates a dramatic hike.

People have gone crazy with fear mongering on rate hikes despite Powell telegraphing

Wall St in Dec - Fed's gonna do a surprised rate hike of .25% in Jan! - Didn't happen
Wall St in Jan - Fed's gonna for sure gonna do a surprise rate hike and this time it's gonna .5%! - Didn't happen
Wall St in early Feb - Fed's gonna do a surprise rate hike in Feb - Didn't happen
Wall St in late Feb - Fed's gonna raise rates 7 to 9 times this year with a .5% hike in March - Powell just shot that down

I even saw some on Wall St saying the Fed was going to do back to back .5% rate hikes :rolleyes:

Do you see a pattern developing? The Fed's are not going to tank the economy. They're going to go on schedule, like Powell's repeatedly said time and time again. I doubt we even get to 5 .25% rate hikes this year.

I don't really see that warranting a sell off. In fact that news was out before the markets closed.

Probably just Wall St causing further panic selloff right before jobs numbers tomorrow
I think most people would say the largest nuclear power plant in Europe catching fire in the middle of a war zone as something that probably is worthy of a sell off.

We are talking irradiation of Europe if one of the reactors melts down, and being in a war zone there is no possible way of a co-ordinated effort to contain a meltdown (the Nuclear plant was deliberately targeted by Russian artillery for a sustained period today)

Let us hope the fire peters out before approaching one of the reactors, and that there was no as yet unseen damage from other artillery hits.

Last edited:
Ukraine produces 90% of Neon and Russia 40% of Palladium

However

Neon is not a rare gas. It can be produced from the air by anyone. Chip makers will have to pay a higher price now but it's not catastrophic to the industry.

Palladium is industrial uses consist primarily of catalytic converters. Only ICE vehicles have this component. If legacies have to deal with a palladium shortage, their demands for chips, as well as other car parts that might be shared with Tesla will decline. The end result is Tesla ends up with more chips and car parts.

Is this correct?

Ukraine produces 90% of Neon and Russia 40% of Palladium

However

Neon is not a rare gas. It can be produced from the air by anyone. Chip makers will have to pay a higher price now but it's not catastrophic to the industry.

Palladium is industrial uses consist primarily of catalytic converters. Only ICE vehicles have this component. If legacies have to deal with a palladium shortage, their demands for chips, as well as other car parts that might be shared with Tesla will decline. The end result is Tesla ends up with more chips and car parts.

Is this correct?
In terms of Neon, Taiwan chip manufacturers have already said they don't get their Neon from Ukraine and that they expect no impacts from the Ukraine situation on their production.

I have no clue about the Palladium and how it affects ICE vehicles.

Number of Austin Y's on the south lot is getting up to around 300-400 in the latest video.

Given the rate of production improvement in the past week or so and that we have pretty much all of March for production out of Austin, I could see them making 1,500-2,000 Y's in Q1. Between a video yesterday and a video today I can count about 80 new Y's on the south lot. That's pretty darn good. They don't seem to driving them off the lot. If they are, then production is actually higher.

Remember guys, all of these Y's are good to be delivered. It isn't the situation like in Berlin where anything produced so far can't be sold. When Tesla gets the certificate to sell (and they might have already gotten it, we don't know), then all of these Y's on the lot will be going to customers. If these are meant to be delivered in Q1, I would expect them to start being moved off the lot in the next week or two.

The most important thing is less to do with Q1 and more about Q2. I think 10,000......maybe 15,000 in Q2 is possible out of Austin. If they're at 80/Y's a day (though probably not consistently right now), then I could see them average 1000/week in Q2. So about 13,000 Y's from Austin.

Last edited: