Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The competition is ICE. I know that most of you get that. What I think important is that the extent to which the market responds to statements like Burry's and a host of others is best viewed as an opportunity to gather more shares. So it will be a bittersweet day when the market does no longer react to such malarkey.

Michael Burry does not understand that supply of EVs will be less than demand for many years.

Last edited:
Just because...

Screenshot 2022-04-20 12.11.21 PM.png

Just returned from a NY-Florida round trip in my MS ... I don't spend much time at superchargers when local ; however this trip was 2400 miles total and I have what i think is a bullish observation ... usually when at a supercharger i will chat with other owners , generally about their experience with their Teslas etc

this trip at least 5 or 6 ICE owners walked over from their gas pumps or stopped in front of the superchargers and wanted to know all about them... it made realize once again just how important this supercharger network is here are some of questions :

"How does it know when its full"
"How do you find the charger when on the highway , there are no signs"
"Do you have to pay for that?"
" where is the credit card reader "
"how long does it take to charge , oh 15-30 minutes depending that not bad ...
"what is that doing ?"

These are the questions of future customers .... very bullish ... more anecdotal proof there is no demand problem

charging at a Tesla supercharger is near frictionless transaction ....
"competitors" have had almost 10 years to copy this design Tesla Supercharger - Wikipedia yet they barely have a network and the transactions are friction filled ... too the point of downright frustration for other EV owners

this trip reminded me what a tremendous lead Tesla has on this very important service for its customers

So the guy makes his investment decisions based on whether the CEO is going to be on the earnings call instead of the performance of the business?

What a short-sighted moron. But I guess that's a "trader" for you.

(Remind me why anyone should care about squawksquare anyway? Who the F cares?)

Remember TSLA investors, do not base the value of your investments upon the week to week fluctuations in share price. I've always made the most money when I assumed the market was wrong and my analysis is correct. The market is a very spastic measuring stick. Look towards the actual statements made by management on the earnings call and how much value you think the company is on track to build over the next two, four, eight years or whatever your investment time horizon currently is.

When you base the goodness of an investment on the current share price you become a sheeple, following the market, not leading it. The money is made leading the market and we have an investment with a high likelihood of leading the market for years to come. Which I why I like it when TSLA does not become overvalued. Because then I have to make hard decisions. Right now it's so far under-valued it's not even a question.

Remember TSLA investors, do not base the value of your investments upon the week to week fluctuations in share price. I've always made the most money when I assumed the market was wrong and my analysis is correct. The market is a very spastic measuring stick. Look towards the actual statements made by management on the earnings call and how much value you think the company is on track to build over the next two, four, eight years or whatever your investment time horizon currently is.

When you base the goodness of an investment on the current share price you become a sheeple, following the market, not leading it. The money is made leading the market and we have an investment with a high likelihood of leading the market for years to come. Which I why I like it when TSLA does not become overvalued. Because then I have to make hard decisions. Right now it's so far under-valued it's not even a question.
Copy all that, but I am sick to death at looking at $1000 from the wrong side!

ETA: smiley face.