Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your baby seal analogy does not work. Disposing of the baby seal skins will use energy but it will not kill more seals. Selling bitcoin triggers transactional processes that consume as much, or more energy, as purchasing those bitcoins. The most environmentally safe thing Tesla can do is hold those Bitcoin without generating any new transactions until the transaction process is greatly improved or running on renewal energy.
Oh brother. I'll let you ponder why it is you're absolutely wrong about the seals but I'll spend this and only this post on cryptos.

This company and its charismatic, iconoclastic leader are unimaginably powerful influencers. As they do, so do hundreds of thousands or millions of others. The sole environmentally responsible course of action is to perform a complete 180º turn on their crypto policy or stance. Half measures - such as holding - don't do it. It was a wrong act to begin with, and completely against stated goals; cutting the cord now - even at the cost of a short-term increase in energy consumption - is the only way out.

On edit: there is a reason there is not any green typeface in the above post. That means that anyone who has a differing view on the matter is encouraged to present his or her thoughts, arguments or counterarguments. This is called "discourse" - and it is why this thread and this forum exists.
Emplacing a thumbs down icon isn't discourse. Laziness never is becoming.

Last edited:
You do know they closed the Chicken Ranch in La Grange, right? :cool:

Count how many Tesla cars you see and report back. Have a good ride.
Zero Teslas in Bellville, Industry, Carmine, Burton or Snook. ☹️

Saw three in my Starbucks parking lot this morning. 😝

Ride was 🔥hot🔥, but finish lap around Kyle field was cool.

Does anyone know why the markets turned markedly upward in the last few hours today, TSLA included?
Because the markets in general are oversold. I don't think people really realize how much of Fed fund rate is accounted for.

S&P Forward P/E ratio is now 19. That's pretty much average for over of the past 50 years (18)

Oh brother. I'll let you ponder why it is you're absolutely wrong about the seals but I'll spend this and only this post on cryptos.

This company and its charismatic, iconoclastic leader are unimaginably powerful influencers. As they do, so do hundreds of thousands or millions of others. The sole environmentally responsible course of action is to perform a complete 180º turn on their crypto policy or stance. Half measures - such as holding - don't do it. It was a wrong act to begin with, and completely against stated goals; cutting the cord now - even at the cost of a short-term increase in energy consumption - is the only way out.

This comment reminded me of the following article I read alongside Hilary Clinton's technology policy agenda that significantly favored blockchain/bitcoin adoption (if she had been elected).

• Disagree
  • Funny
Reactions: Drax7 and UCF3
Zero Teslas in Bellville, Industry, Carmine, Burton or Snook. ☹️

Saw three in my Starbucks parking lot this morning. 😝

Ride was 🔥hot🔥, but finish lap around Kyle field was cool.
Where is the cycling sub-thread for the investing group ;)

I don’t road ride much, mostly mountain biking, but one of my favorites is a local highway which they open up to bikes for about a month before they open it up to car traffic. It’s Highway 242 in between Eugene and Bend and it is absolutely spectacular. Usually closed to cars until last weekend in June.

Does anyone know why the markets turned markedly upward in the last few hours today, TSLA included?
NASDAQ bounced off of critical support is my guess and we now can look forward to Fed Thursday for a possible 1/2 point rate hike.

Hit a 52 week low today and bounced.

Screenshot 2022-05-02 3.38.59 PM.png

Because the markets in general are oversold. I don't think people really realize how much of Fed fund rate is accounted for.

S&P Forward P/E ratio is now 19. That's pretty much average for over of the past 50 years (18)
This is a good observation.

What’s more, with S&P at its long term historical P/E ratio, it should be noted that the fed rate is well below its long term historical rate.

Ok its a Bloomberg Twitter article. I know it's pay walled and would never have posted until I came to this quote. It's perfect.

"If you ask Elon Musk about his decision-making, he would never say “Tesla is a public company owned by shareholders and I just try to maximize their profits.” He would talk about his master plan to decarbonize the world, he would talk about self-driving cars and rockets and tunnels. He cares about the product, not the shareholders. That’s why Musk’s shareholders are rich, and why Bezos’s are, and why Twitter’s are selling at $54.20."

This is a good observation.

What’s more, with S&P at its long term historical P/E ratio, it should be noted that the fed rate is well below its long term historical rate.
Indeed. Take the 90's for instance, the S&P P/E ratio went back in forth between 15-25, averaged 20........all while fed rates were 4-6%.

Fed is supposed to speak tomorrow and the expectation is rate increase of 0.5%. (Just the mention of rate hike usually drives market down)
So either Fed is gonna be more dovish or market has digested this and decided the market was oversold out of fear.
Big Boys know or have decided enough is enough
(+ Buffet also bought a lot in Q1, even more than 2008 ....)

Last edited:
I think the risk of the fed doing a bigger rate cut than forecast has disappeared, so markets will melt up until Wednesday. What happens after that is anyones guess. If the fed statements are dovish, the markets will shoot up. No doubt expert wordsmiths are busy right now finding the exact right words to provoke a neutral market reaction.