Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok its a Bloomberg Twitter article. I know it's pay walled and would never have posted until I came to this quote. It's perfect.

"If you ask Elon Musk about his decision-making, he would never say “Tesla is a public company owned by shareholders and I just try to maximize their profits.” He would talk about his master plan to decarbonize the world, he would talk about self-driving cars and rockets and tunnels. He cares about the product, not the shareholders. That’s why Musk’s shareholders are rich, and why Bezos’s are, and why Twitter’s are selling at $54.20."

Added to my “Best Quotes” archive.

Does anyone know why the markets turned markedly upward in the last few hours today, TSLA included?
Dunno!

4196DFF3-68F7-4B81-8C15-68F376AF16F9.jpeg

edit: Thank God he stopped cutting his own hair.

Dunno!

View attachment 799906

edit: Thank God he stopped cutting his own hair.
Stopped is an overstatement. Temporarily succumbed is closer.

You look in the mirror, you don't like it, your electric razor has a trimmer and you go to town. Or break out the Wahl. It happens, it is satisfying and it is his management type as well. He has an image ability to manage an outcome so quickly, that it boggles the mind. It may not be pretty, but it is functional and has definite value. That value to him is, however, sometimes much higher from his point of view.

OK, you can chastise me because this is off topic but I challenge anyone to not laugh when they see my neighbor's new air condition installation!
View attachment 799953

I get that he has no attic but seems like Solar PV + mini split heat pumps would have made better use of the roof and avoided long ducts sitting in the full sun of Southern California.

I wanna say: “I’m happy they’re trying…” 😅

But when I see statements like: “accelerate the creation of one of the most vertically integrated electric vehicle supply chains in North America”

I get the feeling the media just scooped that from canned marketing speech fed by the companies spokesperson 🙄

Pretty sure a re-tool is nothing more than a band-aid fix at this point, but then again they’re probably comparing themselves to Ford’s flex line (opposed to the Alien
Dreadnought levels of production 😄) I’ll find out more when I return back to work.

HODL.

I wanna say: “I’m happy they’re trying…” 😅

But when I see statements like: “accelerate the creation of one of the most vertically integrated electric vehicle supply chains in North America”

I get the feeling the media just scooped that from canned marketing speech fed by the companies spokesperson 🙄

Pretty sure a re-tool is nothing more than a band-aid fix at this point, but then again they’re probably comparing themselves to Ford’s flex line (opposed to the Alien
Dreadnought levels of production 😄) I’ll find out more when I return back to work.

HODL.
Wish we had a government with enough of a spine to demand repayment of the $2.6 billion they owe us from the last time we gave them money (2009). Oh, silly me, that’s the “Old Chrysler”.

Not that history will repeat itself, but with the last split two years ago we had about an 80% rise between split announcement and the actual split occurring in a one month period. A similar rise from $900 would get us to $1600+.

The last split occurred prior to the end of August which helped employees get the max out of their employee stock purchase program.

We are in a similar situation in which a split occurring by Aug 31st would most benefit employees. This is leading to hopeful rumors that the next split will occur by aug 31st.

Additional catalyst is giga shanghai rumor that retooling in June will allow max capacity to reach 90k/month. That's a 1M annualized runrate by giga shanghai alone.

Although macro factors continue to drag us down, I remain positive that we will close the year in the range of $1800-$2000 pre-split.

Not so much challenged, but verifying that dropping it due to being out of scope would not be challenged. Tesla asked the SECto tell Tesla if the SEC would come after Tesla if they did not include the proprosal. (does SEC agree enough with board's determination not to make a federal case out of it)

This is what Tesla is doing in the article I linked to.
Solar + battery powered Bitcoin mining in an area of Texas that lacks interconnection infrastructure. This is a test case of leveraging Bitcoin profit as baseload to subsidise expansion of renewables. Seems reasonable. [In the set of universes where Bitcoin is a thing]
Tesla, Blockstream, Block to Mine Bitcoin Using Solar Power in Texas
To be fair, Tesla is only providing batteries. From the link you mentioned:

This development's cost of $12 million will be split evenly between Blockstream and Block, and is expected to be up and running in a few months. The mine will have a relatively tiny 30 petahash/second in computing power and energy capacity of just 1 megawatt (MW).

It's not different from another stationary storage project.

CNBC contributor Pete Najarian says the 1% rise in major indices during the final hour of Monday's session was due in large part to heavy volume in SPY call options, with over 40M contracts traded (17K Aug SPY calls opened at 3 pm):

Stocks stage comeback in final part of trading day | CNBC Television

Some people, or at least one whale, think we're near a bottom. With Wednesday's FED meeting looming, bets are being placed on the outcome (esp. the comments since a 0.5% hike is mostly priced in now).

SPY.2022-05-02.19-59.png

Cheers!

Here's hoping they hold for the long-term.
A good question. A company (non union) where I worked issued stock grants for a couple years and then stopped after a huge number of grants were immediately sold. My memory is that it was > 90%.

Hourly workers seem to want money the most. Stock grants just complicated the process and seemed suspect I guess. Really a bit scammy by mgmt.

They can easily buy stock any day they wish If they have the money. Discounts on shares seems about the same.

It worked great for me but I did not have a family at the time. YMMV

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Strong Exports from Fremont
A 3rd ship departing Fremont in Q2 has been identified. There were only 2 ships each in Q4 '21 and Q1 '22.
I estimate loading time for Q2 to be 7.62 days vs 4.39 days in Q1.
We know that North American demand is huge for Tesla, so their decision to direct more production to Asia Pacific may indicate that Q2 production at Fremont & Austin is rocking !!

1651576969560.png