Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like to peek at the morning volume around 10:30 to tell what kind of day it'll be. A 6M vs 8M first hour of trading usually indicates if MM's can do whatever they want. Today we're looking at what.......18-19M? Wild stuff.

19.1M shares in the first hour. Yikes!

1e7fddd9bcf95fb52bfef87ce016dcdf4e7c34ef.gifv

Agree, but they are ramping. After watching YT reviews, it seems they are making a good product.

The Lightning also appears to be solid. And I think this bodes very well for CT to be an even better truck.

In a general sense, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rivian and Lightning customers use superchargers, tesla wall chargers, and boring tunnels in the future for transport or logistics.

Reactions: Nocturnal
I like to peek at the morning volume around 10:30 to tell what kind of day it'll be. A 6M vs 8M first hour of trading usually indicates if MM's can do whatever they want. Today we're looking at what.......18-19M? Wild stuff.
2,417,684+16,724,551 = 19,142,235
Too soon to call capitulation day?

So annoying to see these massive banks swoop in and buy shares so cheap. I guess that's what they pay the MM's for.
Now that we've seen how the sausage is made, it doesn't quite taste the same, do it? ;)

Go TESLA! Go Team!

Is anyone else who doesn't use margin considering using some? My stock is in Chase but I have a TD account with a decent approved amount of margin that I used to day trade in. If things get even uglier from here [$500s] I'm considering moving my holdings back over to TD and buying some TSLA on margin. How long do such transfers usually take? I have the $50k buffer in my Roadster deposit if needed. I'd cancel that today if I knew I'd get the funds soon but I hear it's a nightmare that can take over a month. I'm in a very solid financial situation but don't have more equity to put into the market as I used the last of my powder on a LEAP yesterday. I'm cool and calm as I know this is simply an opportunity but I can't help thinking I should consider taking more advantage of said opportunity.
*ahem* my case(s) below. Second time I've ventured into margin territory. Lucky ... but still...

View attachment 803273

Okay let me try this again (NOT ADVICE):

View attachment 803276

The first time I borrowed on margin was this March 14th @$776. I got lucky, the SP ran up to $1,110 in only two weeks, and I sold to cover the margin, make $5,500 profit, plus keep 10 "free" shares:

View attachment 803277

View attachment 803272

Wish me / us luck again!
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
Value erosion during sell off is always painfull but from fundamental point of view Tesla's competitive position just improved looking at Rivian, Lucid Result. Every Auto manufacturer approach to produce EV will be very similar structure to how they produce ICE vehicle, not only that soon after Tesla introduced Model 3 their approach to manufacturing probably was similar to ICE maker that lead to production hell and Elon had step into re-do lot of manufacturing process this is the reason Elon keep repeating profitable mass production is super hard.