Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, and the Schwab data says 54.6k Model 3 deliveries.

It is total deliveries that is 76k there.

So no contradiction I think.

I just thought it was funky how they set up the article by saying the Q1 deliveries are "expected to be light" then proceed to say the average analyst delivery expectation was 76K. Doesn't seem that light given what's been said most of the quarter.

I just thought it was funky how they set up the article by saying the Q1 deliveries are "expected to be light" then proceed to say the average analyst delivery expectation was 76K. Doesn't seem that light given what's been said most of the quarter.

Yeah Elon said expect 70-100k S/X deliveries for the year. And yet these clowns come up with a 22k S/X delivery numbers during the slowest quarter of the year seasonally and then proceed calling these numbers "light".

Reactions: Antares Nebula
That adds up to 8875 S/X sales in the US in Q1 2019. Versus 9800 in Q1 2018. Not great, but not bad for a big drop in the tax credit. Much better than Europe.

22-25k Model 3 deliveries in the US Q1. Canada + Mexico should put that number right around 30k for North America.

Remember that Tesla dropped the cheap version of the S and X which probably caused those sales to move to the more profitable high end 3.

The Frunk needs to be viewed as an Engineering Masterpiece..........replacing something unsustainable and unnecessary that has been created and protected only for profit with the "Nothing". Nothing but usable and beneficial space. To me the Frunk is a metaphorical representation of the 11th chapter of the Tao Te Ching:

"Thirty spokes share the wheel's hub;
It is the center hole that makes it useful.
Shape clay into a vessel;
It is the space within that makes it useful.
Cut doors and windows for a room;
It is the holes which make it useful.
Therefore profit comes from what is there;
Usefulness from what is not there."

Thoughts @jhm ?
Or you could jus put a kegerator in ther. ;)

Ha, I love the Tao Te Ching.

Reactions: Paracelsus
Totally different topic - looking over new inventory X models on the web, a lot of cars that were available on Sunday are now no longer visible. If you search sites like teslainventory, they all redirect you back to the main website. I wonder if they freeze these cars while they are trying to finalize the Q1 numbers...I just can't think they sold every inventory X.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
So yes it is cumulative so for q1 2557 M3 applications, I don't know if somebody was also buying without application. I was expecting at least 4500 for q1 in Germany. I hope I am wrong here.

And now I recall that Tesla stopped this software limited stripped down stuff in Germany

I got my car on March 7 and haven’t completed the process yet because you have to print out, sign and then scan some documents to finalize and so far I have preferred driving instead. Before I had to apply online and wait for a letter in the mail. I would not expect many people who took delivery in the last week to have completed the process.

Just some perspective when the FUD starts to fly tomorrow no matter what happens:

BMW is crowing that their YOY Q1 sales are up 2.9% in the US for a total of 33K units sold.
TSLA will sell almost that number of vehicles in the same market, for a 50% YOY increase. And ALL of the stories in the news you see tomorrow will be about Tesla's collapsing sales :rolleyes::mad:

I suspect that the delivery report will come out some time after 5 pm PDT when after-hours trading stops, or perhaps more likely shortly before the regular market opens tomorrow morning.
I like the idea of after 5PM. Otherwise we'll see reports justifying whatever happens with SP.

Esp. considering it is likely a mixed report.

Totally different topic - looking over new inventory X models on the web, a lot of cars that were available on Sunday are now no longer visible. If you search sites like teslainventory, they all redirect you back to the main website. I wonder if they freeze these cars while they are trying to finalize the Q1 numbers...I just can't think they sold every inventory X.
SpaceX and Oracle bought them all on March 31st. Prepare for 100k deliveries. Gonna rock these shorts

Just some perspective when the FUD starts to fly tomorrow no matter what happens:

BMW is crowing that their YOY Q1 sales are up 2.9% in the US for a total of 33K units sold.
TSLA will sell almost that number of vehicles in the same market, for a 50% YOY increase. And ALL of the stories in the news you see tomorrow will be about Tesla's collapsing sales :rolleyes::mad:
According to Autonews, BMW is up 0.1% for YOY Q1 but 2.9% YOY for March in U.S.
They sold about 74k cars for the quarter in U.S.
Tesla still has a bit to go to equal BMW in U.S. sales. FUD will be FUD though.
I do believe that Tesla will completely overtake BMW's market when Model Y comes out.

"The Ultimate Driving Machine"
Ultimate: First definition: "Being or happening at the end of a process. Final"

Last edited: