Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CPCA Reporting that Tesla China delivered 78k in June.
The previous record was 65.8k in March.
China did enter June with 10k undelivered vehicles from Apr/May. This would mean production of about 68k-70k.
Most of the deliveries would have been into the local Chinese market.
Bullish !!!!
Forget 50% growth . . . .forget 100% growth . . . .yes . . that's right 135% growth!!

Shanghai
33,155 - June 2021
78,000 - June 2022
+135%

CPCA Reporting that Tesla China delivered 78k in June.
The previous record was 65.8k in March.
China did enter June with 10k undelivered vehicles from Apr/May. This would mean production of about 68k-70k.
Most of the deliveries would have been into the local Chinese market.
Bullish !!!!
We had heard about a month ago that 71k was the target for June. Is there a chance that there were some undelivered vehicles from June too and they actually did produce 71k?

Covid concerns in Shanghai is causing futures and the Asia market to tumble.

The CCP at this point is the biggest threat to Tesla investors.

I really hope Tesla is diversifying out of China as fast as they can.

We had heard about a month ago that 71k was the target for June. Is there a chance that there were some undelivered vehicles from June too and they actually did produce 71k?
build date 29/6/22 to NZ

• Helpful
Reactions: The Accountant
1657110054627.png

Why the hell did he even respond to that? Of what possible value could any conceivable answer be?

So far, responses in this thread confirm my frustration: zero.

Yes - there were a bunch of vehicles at the Luchao Port on July 3 all likely produced in June. 71k or higher is possible.
We get the CPCA June production number in about 2 weeks (no, really - 2 weeks 😁 )

So what is their current investment in oil? The surprising Newsom, Pelosi and Harris ties with the Getty oil dynasty makes it sound like they sold out of Getty Oil back in 1985 to Texaco, with the $10 billion proceeds ending up in four separate trusts. Some LA Times article claims they tried to make up for the damaging heritage of their money after that. This is all relevant IMHO to understand policy impact on Tesla, so not as OT as you might think.
Denizens of SFO who are 'of a certain age' will remember the history of Baghdad By the Bay. We really don't need to "Gettyize" the Bay area and more than thinking "Chinatown" explains the LA basin. Both have seeds of fact, wildly exaggerated. The only connection all this has to TSLA, Tesla of Elon Musk is that nearly everyone in those area is convinced they have all the facts.

Well organized and presented conspiracy theories are still what they are. The most convincing ones, as in these two, carefully begin with truth, actual facts. I apologize if I offend anyone. Since infancy this and related oil, gas and water conspiracy theories have been abundant wherever I have lived. People often prefer FUD to truth. Truth itself is not pleasant these days, nor is California energy policy. Lets eschew obfuscation, and make an effort to avoid exaggeration.

Note: several posters here and a mod or two have family backgrounds that include substantial investments long ago made in oil & gas and ICE related businesses too. Any of us who are old enough to remember know that 'BT' nobody imagined BEV could be a good choice. Many people long dead thought it could, but the electric starter ended that. Most of the people mentioned plus quite a few of us are the progeny of people who helped build California after WWII. Only recently, After Tesla, do we see alternatives and blame our antecedents for their errors? My 96 year old mother-in-law recently reminded me about these facts, at her birthday party.

Last edited:
Yes - there were a bunch of vehicles at the Luchao Port on July 3 all likely produced in June. 71k or higher is possible.
We get the CPCA June production number in about 2 weeks (no, really - 2 weeks 😁 )
On the Wu Wan video on July 1st or2nd, there was still a ton of production still sitting on the Shanghai factory lot that also wasn’t included in the delivery number

if he’s correct, a lower energy content 4680 pack weighing 35 kg more than a long range 2170 pack is quite disheartening.

So I guess some of the weight savings from removing the underbody is currently used up by lower density cells?

That seems to answer the puzzle why the vehicle is not much lighter than a LR 2170.

Hopefully Tesla pushes in more advanced chemistries relatively quickly! They claimed a 56% range increase (by 2025 IIRC) which only makes sense as a referral to pack energy density.
In the cell teardown video by the Limiting Factor they noted that the outer cell walls (steel) were quite thick (especially compared to earlier 4680 versions IIRC). One possibilitly is that they start conservatively with that too and might move to thinner walls as they gain driving and production experience?

I don't think it will ever park but act like an active ride system at Disney. You stand behind some line and wait until it pulls up to these designate spots and then you get in.
Anybody who's taken an Uber out of the renovated LGA can see there's clear opportunity to automate much of the embarkation/disembarcation process. I suspect the design of the terminal facility is a good way to reduce many of the navigation problems. Facial recognition and other related technologies can also play a major role. I think we're just at the very beginning. All this needs to work impeccably prior to robo-taxi; vehicle navigation is not the final step. Las Vegas is a proof of concept in many respects, not just The Boring Company.

Last edited:
Looking at NASDAQ premarket data....

Today TSLA has a premarket high of $702 @ 8:01 and a low if $686 @ 8:03.

Is that simply because most of the volume was right on the tick at 8am and that's the range of SP of available shares? Seems strange.
Nasdaq and macros are turning green…..TSLA still capped at 1% down.

Gee, I wonder what kind of day we have in store for ourselves today 🙄

The CCP at this point is the biggest threat to Tesla investors.

I really hope Tesla is diversifying out of China as fast as they can.

It’s one of the biggest addressable market but on the other hand the super strict covid shutdown policy is also its Achilles’ tendon weakness.

The problem was the incredible pace this factory was put in service and how incredibly fast the ramping up occurred. Now when it shuts down it makes a big hole in the spreadsheet and we don’t want to see that every quarter.

But now that we have Berlin and Texas operational the effect will never be as though as Q2, which on par P&D numbers did not even affect the SP. Really bullish.

What absolute rubbish.

Interesting. First part of this short article states why Bank of America's Murphy believes Tesla will be surplanted by Ford and GM. Last half of article states why this will NOT happen.

Murphy’s conclusions are quite interesting because Tesla has been supply constrained for the past several years. Today, the company is essentially holding back a wave of competitors with only two vehicles — the Model 3 sedan and the Model Y crossover — and it is still winning. It should also be noted that Tesla’s vehicles are in a constant state of improvements, which are typically rolled out through free over-the-air software updates.

In a way, the Bank of America analyst’s conclusions about Tesla and Elon Musk’s “hubris” seem quite off base. With the Cybertruck and the Semi entering the market and the Model Y seemingly on track to become one of the world’s best-selling cars, Tesla’s EV market share does not seem to be in danger.
"

Doesn't anyone read past the click-bait headlines anymore?