Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are tired of boring articles about technology I highly recommend these 2 gems.

and

Not fanboy written, not hater filled, and not written by an MBA, PHD, or run of the mill journalist.

OK, they are Boring articles, but I assure you they aren't boring.

entertaining articles, thanks.

99% of the criticisms translate to "I hate Elon Musk" and have nothing to do with an objective view of the costs and tradeoffs made.

For Tesla, the Loop is a huge PR win and a way to give thousands of people a day their first ride in a Tesla

Aldrich Bautista updated the Model Y price chart again. He went with an abbreviation I hadn't suggested for the Austin 4860 Model Y.

I am calling it the OTM SR-AWD. It is listed as OTM (Off the Menu) for now until it is available for general order. Currently deliveries are only for employees and limited public option to existing reservation holders.

40af9f43d661bf9d44e45a2f9a8992c4e464d793342ff8dc87f561e5601d3b98.png

Covid concerns in Shanghai is causing futures and the Asia market to tumble.

Feels like with Covid, inflation, fed rates, oil & energy prices, recession worries, supply chain, chips, etc....that the market has way too many levers to do what they want. They'll continue to play us like a violin and I just don't see how we'll see up from down anytime soon.

Elons “maybe” sounds much more bearish than bullish to me. But regardless Teslas are advertised, used, with drivers to help sell the message. Regardless it’s a win - win for now. Not so much the boring company with the added expense.
They may have to HD map these routes as there's most likely poor or no GPS reception underground and new tunnels = bad map data anyways.

I see fsd in boring tunnels a different form of fsd.

I see fsd in boring tunnels a different form of fsd.

If they want to make this a true automated experience, it will have to be much more than driving through tunnels and navigating around pedestrians. FSD can navigate nationally, I’m sure tunnels is the least of their worries. It’s more of parking, waiting for guests to arrive, backing up’s a big one for some reason.

If they want to make this a true automated experience, it will have to be much more than driving through tunnels and navigating around pedestrians. FSD can navigate nationally, I’m sure tunnels is the least of their worries. It’s more of parking, waiting for guests to arrive, backing up’s a big one for some reason.
I don't think it will ever park but act like an active ride system at Disney. You stand behind some line and wait until it pulls up to these designate spots and then you get in.

if he’s correct, a lower energy content 4680 pack weighing 35 kg more than a long range 2170 pack is quite disheartening.

So I guess some of the weight savings from removing the underbody is currently used up by lower density cells?

That seems to answer the puzzle why the vehicle is not much lighter than a LR 2170.

Hopefully Tesla pushes in more advanced chemistries relatively quickly! They claimed a 56% range increase (by 2025 IIRC) which only makes sense as a referral to pack energy density.
If history is any guide the packs are currently software limited. I would not be surprised to see, in a year or two, additional charging depth and speed. That only makes sense though when you can produce enough 4680 for your fleet and for now that's not the case.

Is it covid or is it politics? Edited- was asking because I have no insight into the CCP situation but it seems crazy that Shanghai keeps getting hit with shutdowns.

Last edited:
Reactions: saniflash
They don't have biocular vision in the rear.
Not directly behind; however, the fender cams do both converge behind the vehicle. Not that it matters, the tail camera's field of view and placement make object detection and ranging determinations feasible enough. Consider that humans using a backup camera are not binocular.
@pitabun the other key item is the cars don't normally reverse in the Loop system, they nose in and nose out (staggered parking). Reverse is needed for moving away from tunnel blockages when/if they occur.
One (of many) Boring specific threads: Boring Company