Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are using IEA projections.

That is the equalivent of using Gordon Johnson's Tesla valuation.

Watch a Tony Seba presentation to see how IEA projections have been consistently wrong, year after year.

To be fair- so have Tonys projections been wrong year after year too, just in the opposite direction. For example his charts said we should be able to buy 200 mile range EVs for 18-20k USD by roughly now.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Back then, did a short squeeze follow some sort of a launch in product or sales? I do see all this current shorting as a possible setup for a squeeze on good news. I can't count on this, but I do think it's possible.
The ideal sequence of events is a share buyback before any good news.

Good news could lift the price, better to do the buyback before that.

Tesla management has an idea of what news is coming, but doesn't always know how the market will react.

Production and deliveries is one news event, earnings is the other.

We can guess that a wider release of FSD is not going to lift the share price.

Optimal outcomes are achived by lining up events in the right sequence with the right timing.

Uncle Leo? :D

jk
But honestly he might be getting margin called. That guy always spoke about playing the margin game hard. Why was he meeting with Adam Jonas from MS? Need some liquidity? Maybe Elon's not selling but I feel like someone big is. IMHO any retailer with paper hands already lost their shares.

And this, boys and girls, is why I always recommend investors look at their ownership stake in a company in terms of number of shares of the total, rather than current market price times # of shares!

Nothing has really changed except for the mood of the markets and the fact that Tesla keeps cranking out more cars that have a lower cost as they continually refine and streamline production. It's a cash printing machine that is changing the composition of the fleet on our public roads in dramatic fashion. Never have cars with an alternative power source garnered this much market share since gasoline became king, well over a century before. This is the beginning of an entirely new era. And the din and FUD are becoming truly deafening as this change sparks fear in all the disrupted sources of wealth for fear that the gravy train will start flowing into Tesla's coffers instead of their own. Indeed, it already is.

I'm also that much closer to taking delivery of the toughest truck ever built, one that will send shockwaves through the automotive industry like no other vehicle before.*

*Ford Model T excepted

Last edited:
And this, boys and girls, is why I always recommend investors look at their ownership stake in a company in terms of number of shares of the total, rather than current market price times # of shares!

Nothing has really changed except for the mood of the markets and the fact that Tesla keeps cranking out more cars that have a lower cost as they continually refine and streamline production. It's a cash printing machine that is changing the composition of the fleet on our public roads in dramatic fashion. Never have cars with an alternative power source garnered this much market share since gasoline became king, well over a century before. This is the beginning of an entirely new era. And the din and FUD are becoming truly deafening as this change sparks fear in all the disrupted sources of wealth for fear that the gravy train will start flowing into Tesla's coffers instead of their own. Indeed, it already has started to.

I'm also that much closer to taking delivery of the toughest truck ever built, one that will send shockwaves through the automotive industry like no other vehcle before.

TLDR: The more the disrupted kick and scream (FUD) the better Tesla is doing. :cool:

If you think that, then you're an idiot if you don't sell all of your TSLA right now.
Manners dude.

No, we’ll stay long. Although I’m dissapointed in the board I think at some point they will take the necessary action whatever that is. It might be behind the scenes but at some point they will also say “Basta” and take steps to steady the ship.

Jmho.

Cheers.

Although I’m dissapointed in the board I think at some point they will take the necessary action whatever that is. It might be behind the scenes but at some point they will also say “Basta” and take steps to steady the ship.

Jmho.

Cheers.

As I understand it, the shares aren't the ship.

The ship is under full sail and riding on hydrofoils. Nothing to be steadied there.

Simulation confimred:

1669063270217.png

No, we’ll stay long. Although I’m dissapointed in the board I think at some point they will take the necessary action whatever that is. It might be behind the scenes but at some point they will also say “Basta” and take steps to steady the ship.

Jmho.

Cheers.

You have an error embedded in there. It appears you think the current share price is caused by missteps taken by the company when it is actually the mood of the markets.