Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, but he clearly gave two ****s about what they thought.
Oh stop the BS revisionist crap.

"I was very sad to see that," Musk tells "60 Minutes" correspondent Scott Pelley. "Those guys are heroes of mine, so it's really tough … I wish they would come and visit … see the hard work that we're doing here and I think that it would change their mind."

Had an interesting discussion tonight with 2 medical reps who had complete opposite views on Tesla.

One said his friend has 800k invested in TSLA and he said any shares bought now will be worth 10x in 10 years. The rep said these cars had the best technology ever and that no other companies could reproduce the technology and that Musk was a brillant engineer.

The other two from the same company said Musk didn’t invent anything and just took technologies that already existed. He said he doesn’t believe Elon sold his homes and live as a renter. He said the build quality of the cars was cheap and his Nissan Rogue was already capable of following the lanes on the highway and adapt to other cars speed. He said the stock price was not going up anywhere soon because there is no reason to buy the stocks of a crazy man tweeting crazy things.

2 guys from the same company living in 2 completely different realities.
98% of the public is misinformed and 2% probably are TMCers that post in this thread.

People are untra sensitive about everything Elon says and quite often are swayed by the media narratives. This is a fact and would be nice if enough if people did their own research.

Another complaint from my friend’s wife: When Elon was asked about tax rebates I think he said something along the lines of “Government should not provide any subsidies/tax rebates for EV cars” and he is a bad man for trying to kill “competition” now that Tesla is self sustaining. Pretty sure this came from a politician or news media and she was just regurgitating what she read or heard.

Little does she know the context of the question which was about how much money government was printing and why it is bad for fiscal policy. Can’t fix stupid.

Another recent story:

Friend: Dude, I heard Tesla’s been issuing a lot of recalls.
Me: Do you know pretty much all of them are over the air updates?
Friend: Really? Then why do they call them recalls.
Me: NHTSA blah blah blah….

Sounds like Europe's response to the IRA?
No. Europe wants a level playing field with respect to carbon taxes between local production and imports. Local production needs to pay CO2 taxes in proportion to their emissions, while this is not or much less so for imports. The new taxes will pull up the paid emissions taxes on imports to the same level as local production. This should remove the unfair advantage of imports from countries that have no or little emission taxes.
This is totally different than the IRA, that subsidizes local production.

Are you looking at a 1 year chart? Give a time frame. Don't bother looking at a 1 year chart because Twitter didn't happen until later in the year. Look at a 3 month chart. The 3 month comparison of NVDA and TSLA Is digusting, it's like a 100% different in stock price. Here is just a 1 month. The divergence is so obvious you can't argue against it at all.

View attachment 884686

Yeah, the period that TSLA was overbought doesn’t count, but the period that TSLA was oversold sure does count.

It doesn’t work that way.

Completely disagree…and I have many friends in those locations you just listed. Twitter isn’t even that popular in a number of those countries…..UK? Are you kidding me? A extreme leftist in the UK would be considered a moderate independent in the US. Europe doesn’t care about US politics and the left or the right. They especially don’t care that much about Twitter 🥴
Pretty much nobody I know uses Twitter here in Europe, they're all on FaceBook

Even more of them are completely unaware or seriously don't care about Elon's politics

They just want the best car, which judging by market-share is still Tesla right now

All that being said, I wish he'd put a sock in it, because I do think it's being used by the bears, shorties, Hedgies, Wedgies, MM's, as an excuse to pile-on the stock

If I could "thumbs up" this post 10X I would. Because that is the crux of the problem now. We've all been able to have confidence long term, during the long, low stock price periods because we knew the fundamentals were in line for an enormous valuation as Tesla executed so well, and had confidence in Elon as a leader, engineer, employer, and someone with the best interests of the world and mankind in mind.

Now, with the bizzaro-Elon, that is all in doubt--because of his irrationality and enterprise-destructive behavior. I can't believe he's tweeting Q-Anon and MAGA. Literally can't believe it. Even if Tesla execution continues great, and of course it will flower in other markets where they don't understand the politics so well, there is a large and growing number of potential customers in the US and other markets (Europe) that will simply not want to own a Tesla. It's already happening in the US. If you need proof, just look at this forum. Full of formerly 100% investors and customers admiring of Elon, now gnashing teeth and rending garments. I did well with the stock. I have a MY. It's a great car. is that enough?

We also have not discussed the tragic opportunity cost of all this--the 44 billion, the taking his eye off the Tesla/SpaceX adjacent spaces. What might he have done in e-aviation? short-and medium city-to-city aircraft? All of the other space and transportation-adjacent enterprises sitting on the ground waiting to be picked up, areas that would have been a natural for Tesla. Reports are that he's completely lost interest in the Boring Co., that cities he'd been talking to are waiting in vain for bids, or have been ghosted. Getting regulatory approvals for Nuralink, FSD, and a host of other things just became exponentially more difficult.

So very sad. No, my winged friend, indeed it is not easy to figure out how to move forward.
So let me preface this once again that I wish Elon would lay-off the politics and the petty name-calling, although as others have pointed-out, it's nothing new, just feels to have ramped-up since he bought Twitter - it's almost like it's his personal platform now, which is a little scary, IMO and might have ramifications going forwards

But what I find astonishing is that many of the "I'm selling my Tesla" crowd, are looking to buy VWs - so they don't like Elon's tweeting, but they're OK to buy a car from a company that wilfully and intentionally cheated with their emission, damaging the health of both them and their loved-ones, and everyone else on the planet - plus they seem to forget that the company was literally formed by Adolf Hitler

People are hypocrites, simple as that. They all complain that Tesla uses cobalt and manufactures in China, whilst tweeting from their China-built iPhones... unless you live in a cabin in the woods, most of the things in your home will have something "bad" behind them of you look deep enough

It's all virtue-signalling from a noisy minority that's being amplified by the media and TSLAQ. If we do get demand issues, it won't be because people don't want the cars, it will be for economic reasons or form-factor

Last edited:
Sell and take a loss? Why? Do you sleeping in a bed, with a roof over your head? You have food? Is your cell phone charged?

Better IMO to chalk this episode up to life experience. In January, you had FOMO and were buying as fast as you could. Now that the SP has been cut by 60%, you question yourself and your resolve.

This is the emotional response the Hedgies try to evoke from retail investors. That's how they steal your $$$. Never underestimate the dark side.

My advice is, if you're young, healthy, employed and patient, you can still profit from this situation. But you're not the only person here today saying that they won't buy more at this bottom. DCA is the way forward, with money you can afford to be without for a number of years. And dear God, avoid MARGERINE!

Paging @StealthP3D for the color.

Cheers!

You're asking the wrong person. I actually LIKE it when investors leave TSLA because they think Elon is misbehaving! Why? I think market rewards people who are non-judgmental about superficial things that don't matter in the bigger picture. I think people who think Elon has been "misbehaving" are really out in left field and I'm happy to see them go. It makes the remaining body of TSLA shareholders that much more pragmatic and less judgmental. I am not a fan of the new woke movement and the kind of thinking that powers it and I think most people who are offended by Elon's candor tend to lean towards that side of things. I have no ill will towards them, but I am happy to see them go. The market is a big place and thinking we need every last person to be a TSLA investor to carry out Tesla's stated mission is misguided thinking. In fact, people should not invest in management they don't believe in because it will only create conflict within themselves. And no amount of financial gain is worth that. Moving on is the right thing to do for these people.

I can only imagine how much better our system would be if every CEO, and every person making big decisions and leading teams to create a better and freer tomorrow, were as candid and honest as Elon. Elon has not changed, and his results don't lie. People who think the current share price is the result are putting too much emphasis on things that are not real. I give Elon all the leeway he needs to be himself because he has proven he deserves it, he's earned it, and that's something he shouldn't have to give up just because his life work is a very public affair. Judge him by his ability to make change happen. There is plenty he could do to make me lose confidence in him, but I find it baffling why some people think he's crossed that line for themselves. But I strongly believe that's a very individual thing and it's important these people remain true to themselves and do what they feel is right for them. I actually like the fact that he flips the bird at convention while continuing to show other CEOs, how to run a business.