Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or, he has always been this way, it's just nowadays he's more willing to show his true feelings and inclinations in public.

Again I find it weird people find his behavior alarming today but didn't find his behavior alarming when he was tweeting "Funding secured" or "FREE AMERICA NOW" a few years ago.
They did find it alarming. Some of the same names who are alarmed today were alarmed back then when Elon was stopping a hostile takeover by an entity that still others were alarmed about holding such a high stake in Tesla, and again some of the same names were also alarmed during various COVID tweets.

Oh, yes. Much alarm. Several repeat posters. Go back and search this thread during that time. It’s in the record. The Internet never forgets.

Off the top of my head, he could take Twitter public again and buy a ton of TSLA. Or he could promote positive Tesla content and demote negative. Or both.

Speculation: Twitter is being channeled to mobile payment system, like wechat, paypal, and charging?

None of those sound very beneficial to me as a long term TSLA investor.... 🤔

No this is incorrect they have not been going on for over a year. Wrong.

There is no phoenix from the ashes. Wrong, but he has been marching on.

Over the 9 months since he talked about buying Twitter here is a 6 month chart

View attachment 884766

If you truly believe the FUD attacks specifically target TSLA then explain the outperformance before he purchased twitter relative to the index? Or do you think OIL, AUTO, ENERGY, ADVERTISING like to first plump up a company before they poison it? I expect you to skip this point because this doesn't fit your narrative.

Finally the worst news for you. You own TSLA Shares, not Elon shares. If he sells TSLA Shares to fund Twitter, and TSLA as a company suffers as a brand you actually are worse off. Unless you only have 10 TSLA shares in which case you will be fine.

You are correct, even if it seems like the whining has been going on for a year it has only been since early April.

Not sure how you qualify success, but increasing user count, while reducing employee count, focusing on eliminating child abuse, getting advertisers to return, and generally rocking it big time doesn't seem like a bad start to turning a POS company profitable.

Re: the chart... and? Is there a point? Are you of the belief that this somehow supports that Elon's twittering is the most significant reason for the decline? That is a lovely story, and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm.

Somehow you don't want to bring into the conversation the fact that the entire market had a downturn. Still grasping for straws to prove me wrong, as if that somehow supports your belief.

Do you honestly think that stocks move based upon only one or two variables? Me, I'm more in the millions of variables camp. Within those there are key players who can capitalize upon trends. They can make money regardless of which way the market is running by making it run a little further in the direction momentum is taking it anyway. The rest of it is mostly chaotic actions by the multitude based upon as many reasons as there are people.

As far as Tesla suffering as a brand, I'll believe that when I see the end of record quarters following record quarters. The fundamentals are where that is determined, not in the stock price. EVs are here to stay. Tesla is the leader. The disruption has barely begun.

There will always be haters of success. They will always be loud and in your face given the chance. They will rarely have any noticeable affect on anything tangible or long lasting.

Speaking of which, now that you are selling all of your shares do you plan to continue to come here and bash Elon and his companies further?

I wonder if the board is going to tell him to quit the shenanigans and focus on Tesla
They're probably discussing things several levels above our pay grade. Somehow I get the impression that Elon, Tesla, and the BOD have something up their collective sleeves. If I were to guess though, the meeting could be a review of applicable revenue and deliveries to ensure Tesla meets it's goals for the year.

All of the Megapacks deployed recently surely must have helped Tesla Energy substantially.

Last edited:
Had an interesting discussion tonight with 2 medical reps who had complete opposite views on Tesla.

One said his friend has 800k invested in TSLA and he said any shares bought now will be worth 10x in 10 years. The rep said these cars had the best technology ever and that no other companies could reproduce the technology and that Musk was a brillant engineer.

The other two from the same company said Musk didn’t invent anything and just took technologies that already existed. He said he doesn’t believe Elon sold his homes and live as a renter. He said the build quality of the cars was cheap and his Nissan Rogue was already capable of following the lanes on the highway and adapt to other cars speed. He said the stock price was not going up anywhere soon because there is no reason to buy the stocks of a crazy man tweeting crazy things.

2 guys from the same company living in 2 completely different realities.

You are correct, even if it seems like the whining has been going on for a year it has only been since early April.

Not sure how you qualify success, but increasing user count, while reducing employee count, focusing on eliminating child abuse, getting advertisers to return, and generally rocking it big time doesn't seem like a bad start to turning a POS company profitable.

Re: the chart... and? Is there a point? Are you of the belief that this somehow supports that Elon's twittering is the most significant reason for the decline? That is a lovely story, and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm.

Somehow you don't want to bring into the conversation the fact that the entire market had a downturn. Still grasping for straws to prove me wrong, as if that somehow supports your belief.

Do you honestly think that stocks move based upon only one or two variables? Me, I'm more in the millions of variables camp. Within those there are key players who can capitalize upon trends. They can make money regardless of which way the market is running by making it run a little further in the direction momentum is taking it anyway. The rest of it is mostly chaotic actions by the multitude based upon as many reasons as there are people.

As far as Tesla suffering as a brand, I'll believe that when I see the end of record quarters following record quarters. The fundamentals are where that is determined, not in the stock price. EVs are here to stay. Tesla is the leader. The disruption has barely begun.

There will always be haters of success. They will always be loud and in your face given the chance. They will rarely have any noticeable affect on anything tangible or long lasting.

Speaking of which, now that you are selling all of your shares do you plan to continue to come here and bash Elon and his companies further?
I like the part where you skipped the point about overperformance like i said you would because you couldn't explain it. Nor did it fit your narrative. Then you proceeded to fill the rest of your reply with your own opinions, 0 proof.

Speaking of opinions, I'll tell you about my TSLA stock sales when you tell me why you are short the stock and why you are loaded up on puts.

He’s performed tremendous service to humanity. I’m grateful and have long admired what he has done.

However, people change, and he has. He isn’t perfect and his prior good acts do not excuse his current behaviors . It has caused alarm among long time investors and admirers like me.

What current behaviors? I am confused. Do those behaviors directly affect teslas
Execution in any significant way?

Isn’t he just trying to fix twitter? And making it more engaging? If Twitter fails, he has to sell Tsla to help fund it. He can’t unbuy twitter. I like to believe he is working extra hard to not let long term Tsla holders downs

I'm going to make an observation about this thread in recent times:

Emotions are running high, both for the fanatic defenders AND for the disgruntled investors. Obviously the SP is way down right now, that fact is undeniable. Whether it's due to macros only, or whether Elon's behavior and actions have had a negative impact, I think we can all agree the stock is down hugely.

With that in mind, do we need to be attacking each other right now?

Some people want to sell their shares while others are buying the chasm. Both choices are okay, let people invest the way they want to, these are scary times in the market. But I also see posters calling out other posters, some threatening to "take names" and "make lists". Some asking for Elon to step down while others defend him like he's family. Some stating Elon is terrible while they've made huge amounts of money due to him.

Can't we all simply respect each other's differing opinions?

It's okay to think differently than others do. Everyone is unique and their own person. Why do some feel threatened or personally hurt by anyone taking issue with Elon in any way? Can't we disagree politely rather than aggressively attack one another?

I feel like this thread is devolving into a hate forum, and I don't like that.

People have goldfish memories.

Sometime in the next year, things are going to start to reverse. It might be the 4th quarter results. Or maybe the announcement of the Cybertruck sales. Perhaps when they announce the next generation Tesla vehicle launch. When this happens, Tesla‘s stock will start climbing. Momentum players will jump in and institutional investors will flock in late to the party to pad their end of quarter numbers.

Will people still be talking about Musk’s “Irreparable damage to Tesla’s reputation” when Tesla is trading at the next ATH? Or will they pretend they never had that point of view?

I seriously doubt we will be talking about this in 6 months, let alone in a year. Tesla was priced for perfection and hit some bumps in the road. Earlier this year people were confidently debating if Tesla was going to hit 1.6 - 1.7m cars shipped this year. 50% growth was in the bag just a few short months ago and now it looks like we’re falling a bit short of even that. People have already forgotten that we got where we are after a Shanghai shutdown and fairly middle of the road 3rd quarter deliveries (I know production was rad). Seems like people have also forgotten that the Cybertruck was supposed to be delivered a year ago and was delayed (sort of twice).

Tesla is still priced as a growth company, they just aren’t priced like a company which has hit home runs every quarter…. I know this is a shocker, but they haven’t hit a lot of home runs lately.

Tesla needs to clock some big wins. Once they do, the stock will turn around and people will forget.

People always forget because they have goldfish memories. That’s why most retail investors sell low and buy into momentum, because they always forget.

They're probably discussing things several levels above our pay grade. Somehow I get the impression that Elon, Tesla, and the BOD have something up their collective sleeves. If I were to guess though, the meeting could be a review of applicative revenue and deliveries to ensure Tesla meets it's goals for the year.

All of the Megapacks deployed recently surely must have helped Tesla Energy substantially.
Maybe they are all collectively cancelling their cybertruck reservations so my friend can get it earlier...

If you think we need a cheer up then I should share this one

The comments on reddit were so positive. No mention of the CEO's name in 99% of the comments.

I had many moments exactly like that on my trip out to CO this summer. So many questions from curious people, almost all positive too. I even gave a few first time Tesla rides, I felt like a Tesla ambassador on the road!

If you think we need a cheer up then I should share this one

The comments on reddit were so positive. No mention of the CEO's name in 99% of the comments.
I'd very much be for Tesla gathering a collection of clips, paying the people for their videos, and creating a montage of genuine interactions that cover all of the aspects of owning a Tesla...the driving, the charging, the acceleration, the technology...and just actually advertised with that, I would be completely in favor of Tesla spending a billion a year advertising with that footage. Not just putting some clips on their Tesla Twitter account. But real advertising.

It's real, genuine footage and something that I feel like is the right advertising for Tesla as they do lower their ASP and truly start to break into the mass market across the world. There's no need to spend tens of millions on commercials and have celebrities talk about your product.

Last edited:
Hopefully JPOW can knock down inflation tmrw, secure a soft landing, much rejoicing.

Tesla participates in the rally. Big numbers big fun.

Than Elon leads twitter to profitability via blue check marks and lands a doge painted rocket on the moon.

Meanwhile Tesla recovers to ATH and then goes up a nickel, and there was much rejoicing.

, then Elon buys Etsy and it all happens over again.

The stock market is being irrational, what do you expect Elon to do about that? It's not like he can control the market.

Be thankful he's no longer obsessed with shorts and picking fights with SEC...
I don't know, I preferred it when he was fixated on burning the shorts rather than alienating half of the country.