Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t like rubbing it in
LOL, that's exactly what you're doing here, at least have the ball to own it.

That said, I hope you all are mentally strong enough to not harm yourselves for your huge losses.
What huge losses? There is no loss if you didn't panic and sell the stock. If paper loss counts, then Elon is the one with the largest losses...

ARK buying today
12/14/2022​
DirectionTickerCompany Name
Shares Traded | % of Total ETF​
BuyTSLATESLA INC
61,537 | 0.1375​
BuyCOINCOINBASE GLOBAL INC
176,364 | 0.1011​
BuyVERVVERVE THERAPEUTICS INC
4,067 | 0.0013​
SellMTLSMATERIALISE NV
3,394 | 0.0005​
SellPACBPACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIF
27,394 | 0.0038​
SellVCYTVERACYTE INC
59,838 | 0.0254​
SellEXASEXACT SCIENCES CORP
149,383 | 0.0979​

12/14/2022​
BuyTSLATESLA INC
10,066 | 0.1817​
SellONVOORGANOVO HOLDINGS INC
206 | 0.0000​
SellDEDEERE & CO
3,977 | 0.2005​

12/14/2022​
27,097 | 0.0997​
BuyTSLATESLA INC
3,259 | 0.0467​

12/14/2022​
BuyCMPSCOMPASS PATHWAYS PLC
18,408 | 0.0086​
BuyVERVVERVE THERAPEUTICS INC
941 | 0.0010​
SellONVOORGANOVO HOLDINGS INC
431 | 0.0000​
SellIOVAIOVANCE BIOTHERAPEUTICS INC
4,990 | 0.0016​

12/14/2022​
93,117 | 0.5080​
SellSISILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP
191,107 | 0.4926​

ARK's Cathie Wood must've been reading my midday post here or my related tweet. ;)

Chicken is genius
And you are high IQ

OK :)
He was right, though. I was actually tempted to sell because the fed was strongly hinting and aggressive rate hikes. CGS telling people to sell was just further confirmation. In hindsight, it was an obvious trade.
A fiscal tightening environment disfavors companies with high PEs, even those with high growth rates. I think TSLA will hit around 20 or so PE ratio at the bottom.

Yeah, I got disagrees for stating this but with that level of volume it only makes sense.

I am concerned that the word “epic” doesn’t always mean “amazingly good”. It just may mean “stunning”.
In context it’s pretty clear “epic” meant “amazingly good”

As our factories ramp, we're looking forward to a record-breaking Q4. So, it really, knock on wood, it looks like we'll have an epic end of year. So, Q4 is looking extremely good.

It is true. He ultimately needs to sell a certain amount of stock. That amount is now reduced by $3.5B.

And what if Twitter doesn't make a profit of its own for many years yet? Does Elon regularly sell some TSLA to make payroll for Twitter employees? Does he sell TSLA to pay Twitter's bills?

There is a thing about buying a money pit, it eats a lot of money on a regular basis....

The market for SpaceX stocks is not that large, the largest raise by SpaceX is less than $2B, insider sales tends to be a lot smaller, probably just a few hundred million.

They can't get tons of buyers for SpaceX since it's a lot more risky than Tesla, SpaceX's PE is probably more than 100 at this point, they're still losing money on Starlink/Starship, it'd be a while before SpaceX's financials become as good as Tesla.
If I knew where to buy them or shares in a fund that bought them, I'd buy them in a heartbeat!

LOL, that's exactly what you're doing here, at least have the ball to own it.

What huge losses? There is no loss if you didn't panic and sell the stock. If paper loss counts, then Elon is the one with the largest losses...
I have a good track record on timing the market, so that statement about selling at the top is relevant to bolster my credibility.
I am telling people to brace themselves, because I don’t think this is the bottom. The markets WILL humble you.

He was right, though. I was actually tempted to sell because the fed was strongly hinting and aggressive rate hikes. CGS telling people to sell was just further confirmation. In hindsight, it was an obvious trade.
A fiscal tightening environment disfavors companies with high PEs, even those with high growth rates. I think TSLA will hit around 20 or so PE ratio at the bottom.
Many here have bought for like < 5 $, we are right even when wrong;)

I’ve been lurking this thread for a long time and this is my first post.

I don’t like rubbing it in, but I sold TSLA when chicken genius Singapore said to sell at 1200. I have not bought back in.
I think at this point, the macro and higher interest rates will dictate TSLA’s movement and no amount of rosy earnings predictions is going to change market sentiment at this time.

That said, I hope you all are mentally strong enough to not harm yourselves for your huge losses. I know someone took his own life recently because of his TSLA losses. I firmly believe this downtrend is temporary and we’ll be back to ATH after Powell confirms a pivot. Until then, don’t be surprised at further losses.
Thank you for your compassion. It seems really genuine, especially from such a high iq person.

I’ve been lurking this thread for a long time and this is my first post.

I don’t like rubbing it in, but I sold TSLA when chicken genius Singapore said to sell at 1200. I have not bought back in.
I think at this point, the macro and higher interest rates will dictate TSLA’s movement and no amount of rosy earnings predictions is going to change market sentiment at this time.

That said, I hope you all are mentally strong enough to not harm yourselves for your huge losses. I know someone took his own life recently because of his TSLA losses. I firmly believe this downtrend is temporary and we’ll be back to ATH after Powell confirms a pivot. Until then, don’t be surprised at further losses.
Disappointed that you didn't provide us with any websites to purchase ropes because most of us can't die by running our Teslas' in our garages. We may end up just playing cyberpunk from the Xmas update instead.

And what if Twitter doesn't make a profit of its own for many years yet? Does Elon regularly sell some TSLA to make payroll for Twitter employees? Does he sell TSLA to pay Twitter's bills?

There is a thing about buying a money pit, it eats a lot of money on a regular basis....
So what if he does need to sell a billion every year to fund Twitter? That's exactly what Jeff Bezos is doing for Blue Origin, yet I haven't heard any complaints from AMZN investors.

So what if he does need to sell a billion every year to fund Twitter? That's exactly what Jeff Bezos is doing for Blue Origin, yet I haven't heard any complaints from AMZN investors.
I don’t think Elon sold today due to twitter. Tesla has been discounting aggressively lately. I’ll let you ponder what that means for margins and profit.

The problem is less about the fact he is selling, but more the manner in which he is selling. He directly harms TSLA investors every time he sells in this manner. As the largest shareholder and CEO of the company itself, it sure would be nice if he made the modest effort to NOT sell on the open market and TANK the stock every single time like this.

Gary Black is right about this, Elon could be making this MUCH less painful for investors with a minimal amount of effort. The fact he chooses not to is the elephant in the room here. AGAIN. :mad:

What a guy. Doesn’t sit right with me at all.

It is true. He ultimately needs to sell a certain amount of stock. That amount is now reduced by $3.5B.
And we just dont know how much more does he need. The fundamental of the company is good, no doubt about that, but it obviously scares people away from investing to the company.

I'm glad that Uncle Leo mostly and ARK bought TSLA today, imagine if they didn't, we probably see the SP well below 150 already.

• Disagree
Reactions: BabyBull
Probably because it's not 1 billion, it's more along the lines of 15 billion. 1 billion is so far off the market this comment isn't worth the energy that was used to type it.

So why would you assume the worst (Elon selling shares) without any actual evidence? We need to stop spreading FUD and unnecessarily shooting ourselves and each other in the feet.
Sorry if you were bothered by my detecting a possibility through circumstantial evidence and sharing it with fellow TMC members.