Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure it's by design or need. Again, what's with 150 and who set that line besides Chicken Little. Any chance Elon is trying to create maximum short interest before a blowout quarter? I'm only asking. I know most here want him to hang it seems. I'm asking if anyone else sees a trap brewing for shortz?
150 is rounded decimal we almost hit yesterday.
Chicken - who cares!!

Reactions: NooB_cat
I’m really hoping $153 was the bottom, just so that ‘technically’ chicken genius was wrong! But my god, his accuracy on this was impressive.
I had to go apology tweet to him yesterday for calling him names back in august when he was screaming SELL, and calling for $150.
No need to apologize. It made no sense then, and it makes no sense now. Price did happen to get near 150, but its not because of anyones predictive powers I promise. Besides, calling price targets like that with any sort of conviction is silly, does more harm than good, and listening to people doing it should be avoided at all cost. Happens a lot in this thread too, both based on gut feelings, technicals, and moods.

That said, I'm confident that we're going to hit $200 before EOY! Add in some mumbo jumo about fibs, SMA's and whatever floats your boat.

I must admit, I too didn't believe Elon was selling again. The rug pull on investors at such a low share price would be too egregious. But I was wrong, Elon really did sell, AGAIN, during a bear raid and a market low for the year of all times.

Between these inopportune share dumps and his political comments & rantings lately, it really does feel like Elon wants TSLA to go down. Actions speak louder than words. Who knows what he'll do next to hurt TSLA even further. Probably selling even more shares to pay for taxes next, but not until we are under the CGS $140 because frack it, why not!!!

I'm downright mad about this, the carelessness is just much. Its not that it even impacts me at all personally, but the disregard for TSLA investors who are on margin and in dire straits right now is just...a very bad look. I think I need a break from TSLA news, Elon has me very frustrated. Maybe I'll join Sofie on a little hiatus for awhile.... 😔
I'm really hoping Elon is back to playing 5d chess: first rug-pulling himself by buying the Blue Bird, then rug-pulling us investors by selling TSLA shares, so he can rug-pull short-sellers after Q4 earnings (helping investors again)? Maybe Elon needs a new title like "Rug-pull King"?

I'm really hoping Elon is back to playing 5d chess: first rug-pulling himself by buying the Blue Bird, then rug-pulling us investors by selling TSLA shares, so he can rug-pull short-sellers after Q4 earnings (helping investors again)? Maybe Elon needs a new title like "Rug-pull King"?
That or:
DCE4966F-65B3-4769-B257-220C42FC08FA.gif

GigaMexico?

"Tesla is set to announce its first vehicle plant in Mexico by January of next year, the news platform Milenio reported on Tuesday."

"Strategically, Santa Catarina is a seven-hour drive from Tesla’s headquarters in Austin, Texas."

at 690m / 2260ft above sea level you know sea level rise isn't an issue there.

And 4.7M residents in the metro area is a decent labor pool.

I’m really hoping $153 was the bottom, just so that ‘technically’ chicken genius was wrong! But my god, his accuracy on this was impressive.
I had to go apology tweet to him yesterday for calling him names back in august when he was screaming SELL, and calling for $150.
I've had a good til canceled buy order at 152.15 since Monday morning as that is the cash amount in my HSA. So looks like I set a floor that TSLA is avoiding touching.

As for the comment from someone else about Elon hurting investors using margin... so it's Elon's fault those people went to a loan shark out of greed? As has been said in this thread 1,000 times before: DO NOT USE MARGIN. Unless you enjoy handing control of your wealth to someone else.

Let me know when we "almost" hit it again. I bet we don't go below it, but some might try really hard. As someone put it yesterday - "foaming at the mouth" for 150. So only a round number?
150, not so much. For the TA-oblivious, it might be but 157 is the big one. That's the 0.618 retracement from ATH to the IPO price. Yes, we've fell that much. That's where a lot of decent tech stocks bottomed out earlier this year (eg. NVDA).

Slightly above it at 160 is the weekly 200 SMA. Historically that's marked the bottom for 80% of stocks during a severe crash.

Below it at 154 is the monthly 50 SMA. Also very strong support.

This area is the last bastion, technical-wise. Below it is no man's land.

And yet people want us to believe that Elon is playing some 4D chess and Twitter is essential for survival of humanity. I have a bridge and the river below it for sale.

Some people believe that the objective of 4D chess ought to be their short-term financial gain. Others believe that the purpose of financial gain to is support the mission. It's a good thing that Tesla is self-financing from FCF now, because the fickleness of the investment racket does not provide stable funding to support long-term growth.

In fact, Wall St. is doing the opposite, trying to use their financial might to stop or at least slow down Tesla. Has been for many years.

After long deliberation, weighing all options, the moderating team has decided to move the thread 'Elon and Twitter' from the TSLA Investor subforum to the Off Topic subforum. There was just too much toxicity, too many personal attacks, too many thumbs downs, too much talk about politics, Covid and other off topic subjects. And the same things were being repeated over and over again. Mods got really tired of moderating the thread, as warnings and instructions were structurally ignored.

We didn't want to get rid of the thread, but felt the need to create some distance between it and the Investor subforum. It will be less moderated, so try not to kill each other (reminder: the forum rules still apply).

The main investor thread can still be used to discuss the impact of the Twitter acquisition on Tesla/TSLA, but in moderation and only if it is really relevant (which is up to the moderating team te determine). Posting and analyzing every tweet by Elon, every criticism or praise of Elon on Twitter, and every change or business decision at Twitter is not relevant. Posts which are deemed irrelevant will be moved to the distant Twitter thread or - more likely - deleted.

"Tesla is set to announce its first vehicle plant in Mexico by January of next year, the news platform Milenio reported on Tuesday."

"Strategically, Santa Catarina is a seven-hour drive from Tesla’s headquarters in Austin, Texas."

390 miles from Giga Texas. That's the perfect run for Tesla Semi. The price of Tesla logistics is going down. :D

Announcement could also be related to the $25K Compact Car if this is an Assembly Plant (a true Gigafactory)

Sure like the volume - 40 million shares in 40 minutes. Fingers crossed that Tesla is buying the shares that Elon sold. That would align well with the news of the meetings this last week, and the end of year opportunity for Tesla to complete any buy-back. I can possibly accept that Elon wouldn't need to care too much about share price when he sells if he has a greater goal in mind (he sleeps on the couch and on the production floor at work and lives in a tiny house to ensure the bigger mission is achieved for instance), but I will never accept the idea of Elon selling without concern that either himself and/or Tesla retain a substantially controlling number of Tesla shares to avoid a hostile takeover down the road. He and the rest of the Tesla team have bled too much for too long to abandon that long-standing concern. Elon pushing the share price down with his sale to allow Tesla to buy back more shares at the end of the year would certainly be aligned with securing the greater mission.