Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This comment by Gary is incorrect. I have estimated that Elon will pay $2.3B in federal taxes this year.
1671114109118.png

Hope the burnt hair thing that sold out were delivering something good (The flames began Q1 2023)

Q4 earnings, potential new model 3 unrevil, or anyother surprises.......

As for right now, my hair is burning. Hope you all have a green day soon

View attachment 885257
July 2023

Musk has continued to sell shares every month, bringing his % ownership of Tesla down to 1%.

TSLA has gone from underperforming macros by 30% to 90%. Share price has reached Gordon Johnson's target.

Chicken Little was a genius afterall.

@Artful Dodger is still trying to convince people it was the "market-manipulators" fault.

@dl003 wakes up every morning pre-market and stares in the mirror for 5 minutes anti-hyping himself: "you know nothing Jon Snow".

The Selling Options thread has been abandoned and barred up. Anyone who was even near a scent of leverage has been wiped out, now gone and forgotten.

@Gigapress is still plotting random scatter plots trying to convince people there's no market effect of Musk dumping all his shares.

There are no more mentions of couches. There are no more mentions of buying stock at all.

The Investor's thread is now an entire wasteland. The mods have left. Everyone was forced to pack up and move their families to Alaska much to @AudubonB 's chagrin.

Total capitulation.

Then absolute silence.

But then..

A single flower blooms in a field of desolation.

A Cybertruck traverses a flooding river and saves a trapped family.

A Megapack saves expensive medical equipment from breaking down during a hurricane.

An elderly lady in need of immediate medical help is able to have her Model Y drive itself to the ER.

Hope is reborn.
LOL! This is great. So the bottom is still about seven months away.😳

Any insight into the timing of Elon's need to refinance? Q4 earnings are just a few weeks away. Either Elon couldn't wait for some reason, or he doesn't really expect Q4 to be insane after all. If it was just due to stupid high interest on his loans, why would a few weeks (6 I think?) matter if waiting meant selling at a possibly 10-20% greater price?

I suppose it might also mean that he thinks macro will further deteriorate.

Elon is the one that piled up the explosives and told the MSM to have fun with them. That was my point about communication.
I don’t believe that.

They’ve had a bone to pick with the man for the better part of a decade and even as diplomatic as he could have been regarding the matter they were going to burn the witch as they’ve been directed to.

OR, he knows bad news is coming and he sold before said negativity drops the share price even lower.

Both options are possible, the truth is we have no idea WHY he sold now, at what seems like the worst possible time to do so. We can only speculate until time reveals the answers to us.

That assumes he is thinking rationally. My current feeling is that he isn't. Whatever is going on in that mind, it is mostly driven by impulse and emotion. It's reflected in his many recent actions that have already helped get us to this point.

That would be the best possible explanation IMO. If I he was trying to front run bad 4Q news, that would be bad. Though I have been critical of him lately, I don't think he would do that.

That assumes he is thinking rationally. My current feeling is that he isn't. Whatever is going on in that mind, it is mostly driven by impulse and emotion. It's reflected in his many recent actions that have already helped get us to this point.

That would be the best possible explanation IMO. If I he was trying to front run bad 4Q news, that would be bad. Though I have been critical of him lately, I don't think he would do that.
Aspergers

I was thinking last night that Wall Street has been purposefully pushing TSLA lower (and holding it there) since Elon bought Twitter. TSLA had settled down (along with most other stocks) around ~300 a share until Elon pushed forward. Once this happened, Wall Street knew Elon had to sell shares and would likely sell them on the open market. Wall street did the same math that we did and figured out he needed a ton of coin for the purchase. Cue the huge pushdown. They want shares on the cheap.

Why are we still there now? Other large tech companies have mostly recovered or bottomed out in this macro. Wall street is pissed at Elon for not playing by their rules and instead selling on the open market, not through the dark pools or pre arranged sales via Morgan Stanley/Goldman.

My gut tells me that the emergency board room meeting for Tesla on Sunday and again on Tuesday were as follows. Sunday, Elon tells the board he is selling on Monday. Tuesday the board tells Elon that he cant sell this way anymore because it is crushing the stock, investors, employees, etc.

I dont care that Elon sells, I care that he has some beef with Wall Street and thinks he can outsmart them. Wall street has hundreds of PHD mathematicians and Billions of dollars. He might have burnt them in 2019 with the greatest short burn ever, but they are enacting revenge on him now and hes been backed into a corner.

I dont know when this ship turns around and the stock has a green day, but Wall Street is out for blood and Elon is in their crosshairs.
It's much simpler than that. Look at the chart and where he sold.

We missed Q3 delivery and went down to 198.5. Fine. We got that coming.

But then during the consolidation phase at 220s he sold and took us down to 177. Breaking the weekly 200 EMA. This is a huge bearish signal.

Then maybe FUDs took us down to 167, I'll give you that.

BUT THEN HE WENT AND BROKE THE DAMN 157 LEVEL. BROKE THE 200 WEEKLY SMA. Traders know not to touch stocks that are down here below these very critical supports. Algos are programmed to short TSLA at this level without any extra manipulation.

Not only did he sell, he sold at the least opportune time, taking out the "bottom." I'm sick and tired of hearing "but Wall Street bad." Listen, don't look any further than our own backyard where the CEO is selling like a mad man.

Last edited:
I think Elon feels bad about it, but he is in a situation where he has to make tough choices, and can't do much about it.

Most of the market reaction is a massive over reaction caused by macros and perceptions, rather than company fundamentals.

When Elon originally decided to buy Twitter, he didn't expect the current interest rate and market environment.

IMO if people can hang in Elon intends to eventually "make it right", but to "make it right" the Twitter project needs to succeed.

I don't think folding on Twitter is an option for Elon. he has to make it work.

For those that can't hang in, there is no "make it right" and IMO they are selling at a very bad time, but maybe they have no choice.
Elon has SpaceX, Tesla, Nuralink, Boring and Twitter as his 5 babies. He loves his eldest SpaceX, he loves his youngest Twtr. So Tesla is feeling the brunt it looks like (imagine alcoholic dad :) )
SpaceX got like 140B valuation last week. In theory, he should be able to get funds from the 1st 4 via some private equity channels. In theory and if he cared, he could sell equity in others and buy Tesla saying Tesla is under valued.

Share the love Elon :)

(BTW, guys if you think I ain't adding substance, feel free to add to ignore. Just simple guy, just saying common sense stuff and linking to other Tesla stuff on the net).