Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TheVerge.com is reporting that the $35K Model 3 is still available for $35K (Without AP)

Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is no longer available to order online

This price change doesn’t apply to the $35,000 Model 3 with Standard Range battery, which consumers will still be able to buy without Autopilot, according to a spokesperson.”

Last edited:
A report on Q1 EV sales in Belgium: Fors meer elektrische auto's verkocht

Model 3 at 810, Leaf at 387, i-pace/i3/zoe each at around 130 sales.
Audi e-tron at 113. Deliveries didn’t start at the begin of the quarter, and Audi still has a target to sell 2500 e-trons in Belgium in 2019. Good luck to them with that target, they’ll have to sell 2000 of those to Audi personnel (the e-tron factory is in Brussels).

So the largest competitor is the Leaf. The 60kWH Leaf has the same starting price as the SR+ Model 3 (47K euro), so I don’t know who will buy that one now that the SR+ is available. The standard Leaf starts at 39K, so that will eat up the sales to people not able/willing to buy the SR+. It will be interesting to see Q2 and Q3 sales data as SR+/Leaf/e-tron get into a steady state sales territory. I think at least 70% Tesla EV market share, maybe even 80+
Also of note: Flanders (the Dutch speaking half of Belgium) has a subsidy (2K euro for a Model 3) for private persons buying an EV, and least year only a quarter of the foreseen budget was used. Even with the EV sales surge this year, that will probably still be the case for 2019.

I'd happily pay a reasonable price to have my tail lights upgraded to EU spec amber turn signals. On older vehicles this is easily remedied by importing said parts and swapping them on, but on newer cars even getting the parts can be hard (especially Teslas) and there's no guarantee it will even work without some factory reprogramming. The fact that they continue to ship shitty red signals in NA is a dumb move for the sake of "style" since safety is one of Tesla's selling points.

Well, maybe I'm a bit sad, but I watched that whole video and actually enjoyed it :D

Always thought that American turn lights were both stupid and dangerous. The first few times I followed an imported American car here in Europe I had no idea why the brake-lamps started to flash. Nuts!

So totally agreed, Tesla should follow the EU spec tail-lights in the US, makes absolutely no sense not to.

FCA CEO, Speaking At Co.'s Annual General Meeting, Notes Accord With Tesla Is A Multi-Year Accord, But Won't Specify The Cost

4/12/19, 5:54 AM

April 12, 2019 06:54 AM ET (BZ Newswire) -- News

-Reuters

Copyright © 2019 Benzinga (BZ Newswire, Benzinga Cloud - Accurate & Lightning Fast - Cloud Based Financial Market Data & APIs). Benzinga does not provide investmentadvice. All rights reserved. Write to [email protected] with any questions about this content. Subscribe to Benzinga Pro (http://pro.benzinga.com).

© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.

FCA CEO, Speaking At Co.'s Annual General Meeting, Notes Accord With Tesla Is A Multi-Year Accord, But Won't Specify The Cost

4/12/19, 5:54 AM

April 12, 2019 06:54 AM ET (BZ Newswire) -- News

-Reuters

Copyright © 2019 Benzinga (BZ Newswire, Benzinga Cloud - Accurate & Lightning Fast - Cloud Based Financial Market Data & APIs). Benzinga does not provide investmentadvice. All rights reserved. Write to [email protected] with any questions about this content. Subscribe to Benzinga Pro (http://pro.benzinga.com).

© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Hundreds of millions of extra profit secured!
Not just this year, but also the coming years.

In moments like this, when SpaceX is producing spectacular achievements, TSLAQ cult members try to pretend that Elon has very little to do with SpaceX - just like they are downplaying Elon's role in founding the company that later became PayPal.

At the same time when there's some negative SpaceX news (a delay or a complication), in an amazing turnaround it's all Elon's fault again, fraud and SpaceXQ.

So the TSLAQ argument is that SpaceX successes are not Elon's achievements, but SpaceX setbacks are all Elon's fault.

I'm not making this up. :D
Tom Mueller was credited with a lot of the design work at SpaceX. He is now acting more in a consulting capacity.

Tom Mueller on Twitter

TheVerge.com is reporting that the $35K Model 3 is still available for $35K (Without AP)

Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is no longer available to order online

This price change doesn’t apply to the $35,000 Model 3 with Standard Range battery, which consumers will still be able to buy without Autopilot, according to a spokesperson.”

Anyone who has the patience to call TSLA customer service and hang in there for a couple of hrs, might just be able to order the SR. ;)

TSLA shouldn't have given this option at all, should just have stated that they kept promise on initial stmt, and that it was no longer available.

Anyone who has the patience to call TSLA customer service and hang in there for a couple of hrs, might just be able to order the SR. ;)

TSLA shouldn't have given this option at all, should just have stated that they kept promise on initial stmt, and that it was no longer available.

A lot of 2016 deposit holders outside the USA - they have not had an opportunity to order the $35k SR yet.

Besides, both production volume and margins will continue to improve as time moves on, and as that happens a $35K model 3 becomes more important to Tesla, perhaps even lower prices than that down the track.

A lot of 2016 deposit holders outside the USA - they have not had an opportunity to order the $35k SR yet.

Besides, both production volume and margins will continue to improve as time moves on, and as that happens a $35K becomes more important to Tesla, perhaps even lower prices than that down the track.

I missed that, but yes hope they can provide it to original deposit holders. After that, it and even lower price models should only be driven by cost/revenue/volume etc. and not based on the initial stmt that it will be available for 35K .. so say a few yrs down the road

Instead of advertising, I would like to see leases. I've had 2 collegues who were in the market, liked TSLA, but didn't want to buy because of no lease and high APR for purchases. (I bought my SUV with like 0% interest ...)

OK, they should now advertise that leasing is available.

Should do a cheap AD campaign on the internet, so that any one who is searching for cars sees TSLA AD in their browser. We should see this in TMC too ;) instead of BMW, Porsche etc. (Although TMC AD might actually not be suitable for TSLA fans )

• Disagree
Reactions: Muaddid and MP3Mike
An other point is that companies like VW or Toyota own several companies,
so they can sell the same powertrain and batteries (and R&D for FSD), under a different name, thus gaming the tax break:
(Don't the Tesla Semi uses the Tesla Model 3 electric motors?)

So why don't Tesla branch out and create new companies like Tesla Junior, Tesla Master, Tesla Executive, Tesla Supersport?
Since Tesla sales are mostly online, this would not be too difficult, for getting another 200,000 cars discount for each brand.

A Low cost Tesla Junior - Model 2 would be sold like the VW ID (e-Golf).
A Sporty Tesla Master - Model 3 and Y would be sold like the Audi e-Tron
A Top of the line Tesla Executive - Model S and X would be sold like a Bentley EV.
A Flagship Tesla Supersport - Roadster would be sold like a Porsche Taycan EV.
A Tesla Outdoor - Pickup Truck would be sold like a Lamborghini Urus.
An Exotic Tesla would be sold like a or Bugatti.
A Tesla Semi would be sold be like a VW - MAN

Note: This is exactly what Hyundai is doing with Kia and Genesis, or Toyota selling Scion, Subaru, Lexus, Mazda, and Chevy with Cadillac...

Tesla doesn't have enough money to do much. It's a tiny standalone manufacturer.