Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No customer issues, OK to sell the F-150 Lightning on Dealer Lots, but they gotta stop the line at Ford because of an internal quality issue with the batteries? Threw dealers under the bus for one.

And two, what a bunch of malarkey! Unless the dealerships also do a stop sale, this is not a battery issue in the sense of safety. Maybe more like yield and cost. After dropping a whopping $500 (right?) in response to the recent Tesla Y sale, maybe that was their full margin - poof! Finance was like, "Q1's gonna look pretty bad if you keep building those things."

Edit: Maybe it's a strategy to spread out the ramp cost across several quarters. Stop in Q1, Start again in late Q2 (fixed it), stop again in Q3 (new prob)...

Interesting timing. TravelCenters of America just signed an agreement to pay EA, Electrify America, to install 350kW CCS chargers at most of their truck stops/travel centers. It is probably planned to feed at the NEVI funding trough. That really won't help with Semi charging, but it is a step in the correct direction. (Tough I really don't understand why they would pay EA to do that vs. just doing it themselves, even CircleK has their own staff managing their charging station build-out.)

Tesla really should offer a service to install Superchargers, with CCS capability, to places like CircleK and TravelCenters of America.
Tesla is installing in Buc-ee's. This will be awesome. CCS? Maybe.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster
Interesting timing. TravelCenters of America just signed an agreement to pay EA, Electrify America, to install 350kW CCS chargers at most of their truck stops/travel centers. It is probably planned to feed at the NEVI funding trough. That really won't help with Semi charging, but it is a step in the correct direction. (Tough I really don't understand why they would pay EA to do that vs. just doing it themselves, even CircleK has their own staff managing their charging station build-out.)

Tesla really should offer a service to install Superchargers, with CCS capability, to places like CircleK and TravelCenters of America.
The new Flagstaff Supercharger I posted above is adjacent to a CircleK.

• Informative
Reactions: Drumheller
I put a limit buy order in last night at 190 on an account that can only trade during normal hours. So of course the stock is up today. Over 200 now.

Apparently I should have just made it a market order to get it around 192.

The intraday low today was $189.44 at around 09:31 ET so your order should have triggered. If it didn't execute, your borker sux (or front-ran your order). You on Robinhoodlum?

TSLA.2023-02-14.09-31.Lo.png

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-02-14.14-15.png

TSLA long term chart is an amazingly beautiful and awesome sight- better than any piece of art in Louvre in my opinion. Far superior to Mona Lisa and more money maker than Da Vinci. as an added bonus, TSLA chart shortens time frame between shorts and financial bankruptcy, which no other painting in entire history of civilization has ever accomplished. Elon is the single greatest artist of all ages.
what a sweet day for TSLA longs and a day of reckoning for shorties
as close to poetry as i will ever come
back to regular programming

Interesting that Berkshire Hathaway just purchased Pilot J truck stops... hopefully they'll be equipping them with high power charging stations building towards the future.
Is that how Berkshire operates? They strike me more like a PE firm that just milks the company and has very little strategic vision for any of their holdings.

No customer issues, OK to sell the F-150 Lightning on Dealer Lots, but they gotta stop the line at Ford because of an internal quality issue with the batteries? Threw dealers under the bus for one.

And two, what a bunch of malarkey! Unless the dealerships also do a stop sale, this is not a battery issue in the sense of safety. Maybe more like yield and cost. After dropping a whopping $500 (right?) in response to the recent Tesla Y sale, maybe that was their full margin - poof! Finance was like, "Q1's gonna look pretty bad if you keep building those things."

Edit: Maybe it's a strategy to spread out the ramp cost across several quarters. Stop in Q1, Start again in late Q2 (fixed it), stop again in Q3 (new prob)...
Production quality checks, incoming parts inspection, and supplier induced containment holds are real things that happen in the automotive world...

TSLA long term chart is an amazingly beautiful and awesome sight- better than any piece of art in Louvre in my opinion. Far superior to Mona Lisa and more money maker than Da Vinci. as an added bonus, TSLA chart shortens time frame between shorts and financial bankruptcy, which no other painting in entire history of civilization has ever accomplished. Elon is the single greatest artist of all ages.

With apologies to the cat: :D

TMC is read,
Shortzes are blue,
Trendtrader is waxing,
Poetic AF.

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2023-02-14.14-30.png

I see that someone's portfolio is having a good day. 😂