Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, ever since nearly 400 SP. :rolleyes: and about 80% (AA?) prior.
Fortunately, my wife has a separate 401K mostly tied up through her employer and very conservative. She buys TSLA when she can. She doesn't want to retire yet, it's a thing... maybe a good thing. 🤷‍♂️
Should I read into this that I'm not the only one all in on TSLA out of desperation to retire?

Re concern in 2) It's important to consider the number of people hours needed for solar and supercharger products. A highly efficient low headcount manufacturing line is better than a high headcount low efficiency line.

Absolutely. That's always been Tesla's manufacturing motto.

Good luck to them with forming a union, I would not be surprised if Tesla just nuked the entire division in the future. "Data labelers" doesn't seem like something Tesla is going to need over the long haul.

Oh, the day ain't over yet...
1676408975819.png

Someone please explain to me Elon's over the top concern with a declining population. Hello!?! Tesla bots anyone...I mean, does he just purposely exclude it from his frame of mind or what? As investors, that's the whole point of being excited that this company is going down this road - Tesla sees the future and knows humanity will need help.

View attachment 907210

Elon Is tweeting as a humanist. He is genuinely worried about the collapse of human civilization. Sure, bots will help in the medium term, but if we continue to have population decline, we won’t have any humans … at all.

Interesting...thanks.

Yeah, I mean, if we can figure out the whole bot thing, then what's the phrase - "do more with less". We don't need 8b + humans in the future to survive and spread among the stars. A smaller population number with less needs expanding to other worlds sounds fine to me...
Yeah -- most of their ideas seem to be built around the need for human capital to feed the economic engine. IMHO, we shouldn't be feeding humans to the economy. The humans should be in control. Usable bots is a great way to get there.

Should I read into this that I'm not the only one all in on TSLA out of desperation to retire?
Ignoring my stake in SpaceX and hard assets like my homes, then you are not alone Sir. I actually have a chunk of cash aside from my core shares that I've been playing with and TBH I don't even like that not being in TSLA.

"Good day, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking from the flight deck of Tesla Air. I would like to apologize for the slight turbulence we experienced earlier. I want to remind all passengers to please keep their seatbelts fastened as we are still climbing to our cruising altitude.

We are currently at flight level 209 and climbing steadily. The weather conditions are looking good, and we should reach our cruising altitude shortly. As always, I encourage you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. Our flight attendants will be coming around shortly with refreshments and snacks, and we hope you have a comfortable and enjoyable journey with us today.

Thank you for choosing to fly with Tesla Air, and we look forward to getting you to your destination safely and on time."

Interesting...thanks.

Yeah, I mean, if we can figure out the whole bot thing, then what's the phrase - "do more with less". We don't need 8b + humans in the future to survive and spread among the stars. A smaller population number with less needs expanding to other worlds sounds fine to me...

If the birth rate remains insufficient to maintain population the population will continue to fall until it reaches zero. That's the fundamental concern.

TSLA long term chart is an amazingly beautiful and awesome sight- better than any piece of art in Louvre in my opinion. Far superior to Mona Lisa and more money maker than Da Vinci. as an added bonus, TSLA chart shortens time frame between shorts and financial bankruptcy, which no other painting in entire history of civilization has ever accomplished. Elon is the single greatest artist of all ages.
what a sweet day for TSLA longs and a day of reckoning for shorties
as close to poetry as i will ever come
back to regular programming
I’m not a chart expert; you seem to be…does the gap at $150 not concern you?

Asking for a friend that has some bigly ITM options purchased at the $105-$130 range.

Reactions: Skryll
"Good day, ladies and gentlemen. This is your captain speaking from the flight deck of Tesla Air. I would like to apologize for the slight turbulence we experienced earlier. I want to remind all passengers to please keep their seatbelts fastened as we are still climbing to our cruising altitude.

We are currently at flight level 209 and climbing steadily. The weather conditions are looking good, and we should reach our cruising altitude shortly. As always, I encourage you to sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight. Our flight attendants will be coming around shortly with refreshments and snacks, and we hope you have a comfortable and enjoyable journey with us today.

Thank you for choosing to fly with Tesla Air, and we look forward to getting you to your destination safely and on time."
Interestingly, SpaceX starship orbital point to point flights would be at flight level ~6000 or so.

I look forward to a 40 minute flight to New Zealand when we have reached such a flight level.

It is going to be very difficult for OEMs to not chase remaining ICE profits into bankruptcy...
  • Super bowl ads not really promoting any actual EVs you can buy
  • GM results on ICE only were pretty good
  • Ford results ICE/EV mixed
  • Ford stopping F150 Lightning
  • Toyota pivoting way too late
  • VW spins out Porsche...
  • Honda already in deep trouble

the Innovators dilemma is playing out in real time for legacy OEMs
Yep, and for those wondering why it is not happening as fast as smartphones there is a thing called industry clockspeed. Airplanes being one of the slowest and disk drives being one of the fastest. Auto's being in the middle but definitely on the slower side. The rate of introduction of new products and process in an industry tends to dictate the rate which disruption can progress.

Some background.

If the birth rate remains insufficient to maintain population the population will continue to fall until it reaches zero. That's the fundamental concern.
Except that it won't. That's an extreme extrapolation. People will always have sex. They will have children. They just won't do it at as rapid a rate as they've done before. And the world will find a new equilibrium based on something besides constant expansion.