Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I, for one, am hoping that superchargers in Alaska (and along at least 1 of the 2 routes from the lower 48 to Alaska) become a thing by the summer after receiving my Cybertruck ('24? '25?).

Driving the ALCAN and Dalton highways is something my wife and I have talked about for years - but you need something tough and reliable to do it.
I've done that trip a bunch of times, the Cassair Hwy being my preference.

11-12 cameras
Totally different board form factor
Further redundancies necessary for attempting SAE Level 3+ functionality
New GPS module assumedly with improved accuracy
HD (Phoenix?) radar and heater for it?

If this isn't a nail in the coffin for HW3 advancing further, I don't know what is.

Prolly dumb question but which of the Baron Mutual Funds contains SpaceX stock? Any information will be appreciated!
I think it's this one but my linky no worky for me at the moment

I think it's this one but my linky no worky for me at the moment

Thanks mate! This one has 25% SpaceX. Is there another one that has SpaceX and Tesla? Trying to figure it out from the Baron site makes my brain hurt...

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Thanks mate! This one has 25% SpaceX. Is there another one that has SpaceX and Tesla? Trying to figure it out from the Baron site makes my brain hurt...

unfortunately none of them focus on SpaceX and Tesla. You'll end up with a fund that is diversified. Some have more TSLA and some more SpaceX but not one that is clearly best of both.

unfortunately none of them focus on SpaceX and Tesla. You'll end up with a fund that is diversified. Some have more TSLA and some more SpaceX but not one that is clearly best of both.
A fund which is 30% TSLA and 10% SpaceX is more SpaceX exposure than I've been able to figure out any other way. Most of my money is in IRAs so I don't think I can buy private equities in my IRA aside from something like this. So long as the rest of the portfolio doesn't drag it down, it should be fine.

If Baron's doesn't sell their SpaceX, it should grow as a percentage of the portfolio unless the rest performs well... which wouldn't be horrible.

11-12 cameras
Totally different board form factor
Further redundancies necessary for attempting SAE Level 3+ functionality
New GPS module assumedly with improved accuracy
HD (Phoenix?) radar and heater for it?

If this isn't a nail in the coffin for HW3 advancing further, I don't know what is.
It will still advance IMO, just not the HW part if that's what you meant. My belief is that HW3 is gonna still work (no driver) just slower, more right turns, and possibly as safe given these handicaps. Pay for speed and safety.

The added cameras imply existing camera's have blind spots (when coming to a stop, ours does this S shape to look around).

It will still advance IMO, just not the HW part if that's what you meant. My belief is that HW3 is gonna still work (no driver) just slower, more right turns, and possibly as safe given these handicaps. Pay for speed and safety.

The added cameras imply existing camera's have blind spots (when coming to a stop, ours does this S shape to look around).
What makes me wonder is that they removed the video feedback button, so if it disengages or does something very stupid, we dont know if it signals that back any more.

A fund which is 30% TSLA and 10% SpaceX is more SpaceX exposure than I've been able to figure out any other way. Most of my money is in IRAs so I don't think I can buy private equities in my IRA aside from something like this. So long as the rest of the portfolio doesn't drag it down, it should be fine.

If Baron's doesn't sell their SpaceX, it should grow as a percentage of the portfolio unless the rest performs well... which wouldn't be horrible.

I'd rather use BPTIX 31.5% TSLA and 8.9% SpaceX than to get the extra little bit of SpaceX in BFGIX which is 12.8% TSLA and 10.4% SpaceX.

But honestly since the splits I just buy the raw TSLA. If they had a fund that was at least 15% SpaceX and over 50% TSLA+SpaceX I might diversify. But with things like Vail resorts in there I'm worried I might be DeWorsifiying instead.

I own BPTRX which is the retail version of BPTIX. 32% Tesla and 9% Space Exploration Technologies Corp.

Just out.

FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Standards and Major Progress for a Made-in-America National Network of Electric Vehicle Chargers​

Includes:

Chargers are working when drivers need them to, by requiring a 97 percent uptime reliability requirement;

EA goes ooof!

I'd rather use BPTIX 31.5% TSLA and 8.9% SpaceX than to get the extra little bit of SpaceX in BFGIX which is 12.8% TSLA and 10.4% SpaceX.

But honestly since the splits I just buy the raw TSLA. If they had a fund that was at least 15% SpaceX and over 50% TSLA+SpaceX I might diversify. But with things like Vail resorts in there I'm worried I might be DeWorsifiying instead.
What about an 100% spacex fond, that doesnt trade in and out of their position. I would HODL that. No need to wait for IPO either

Reactions: Mike Ambler

I'm not an expert on the software side of things, but I'm doubtful data collected with more camera feeds + different cameras + new sensors and fusion will be portable back to HW3.

There was a longstanding thread in the Autopilot subforum for people with HW2 who paid for FSDBeta and weren't getting access, and they could not get access without camera upgrades. In that case it was a simple swap out of cameras, because IIRC the old cameras lacked the spectrum in the HW3 cameras.

I envision something similar happening here except hardware upgrades aren't even possible. HW3 is done after the stacks are merged, and it lacks a lot of stuff that would enable assumption of liability for the DDT that would unlock anything resembling robotaxi functionality.

Just out.

FACT SHEET: Biden-⁠Harris Administration Announces New Standards and Major Progress for a Made-in-America National Network of Electric Vehicle Chargers​

Includes:

Chargers are working when drivers need them to, by requiring a 97 percent uptime reliability requirement;

EA goes ooof!
That pretty well eliminates everyone but Tesla.

This is what I was referring to (Edit this is what I thought I linked above but scrolling up I linked the wrong one). But yes, agree on the diworsification.

But it's likely my portfolio will already be 60-80% TSLA.

I own BPTRX which is the retail version of BPTIX.
Ooo this is what I was looking for all along. Thank you very much. When I start unloading options this is high on my list.

I do wish there was a fund which had more SpaceX. I know people talked about Tesla merging with SpaceX into "X company", but I almost think an "X Fund" would be a better idea. Keep SpaceX, Boring, and Twitter private but add them to the fund. Then derivatives would be tougher to work for the hedges and MM.