Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe the egg is like a crash test dummy they are trying to protect, if they can avoid harming an egg then humans should be safe right?

They are clearly still not super confident about the whole standing up and walking thing, They are all have safety hooks preventing them from falling over.

Not that I blame them, one mistake could mean lots to work lost due to learning stumbles.

1684280552301.jpeg

I could be wrong, but the issue with Solar Roof not meeting volume expectations is not technology related, but the intricacies of solar tile installations tailored to every individual house vs a far simpler modular solar panel install option. Not surprising that wide scale solar roof rollouts are focusing on new developments which feature standardized house designs.
You're missing my point. Whatever the reason for the solar roof not panning out is, investors will (and should) take Elon's promises of great products in the future with a huge grain of salt. Another example is FSD/robotaxi. FSD is several years late and counting and despite Elon's optimism and frequent references to one day being able to turn it on with a click of a button, many people don't think it will come for a long time, if ever. Obviously, there are investors who agree with Elon, especially on this board, but my point is you shouldn't think that future product announcements will juice the SP. And you definitely shouldn't think the SP isn't jumping bc of some conspiracy theory based manipulation.

Tried to get a feeling for what internet thought about the optimus video. No posts on reddit yet. But the youtube comments are markedly more positive than the previous videos. It used to be 90% "it sucks" "boston dynamics is so much better" "it's a joke" etc. Now it's more "wow" "so much progress" "it celebrated" etc. Check out the comments here...

You're missing my point. Whatever the reason for the solar roof not panning out is, investors will (and should) take Elon's promises of great products in the future with a huge grain of salt. Another example is FSD/robotaxi. FSD is several years late and counting and despite Elon's optimism and frequent references to one day being able to turn it on with a click of a button, many people don't think it will come for a long time, if ever. Obviously, there are investors who agree with Elon, especially on this board, but my point is you shouldn't think that future product announcements will juice the SP. And you definitely shouldn't think the SP isn't jumping bc of some conspiracy theory based manipulation.

i dont disagree with much of your post, But solar roof is a real product that is shipping, it just didnt have the product-market fit that was expected, so I don’t think it adds to an argument to not get excited about future product releases.

Instead I would have used the large delays on Semi, CT & Roadster as a reason to be cautious, but would have to apply reasoning as to why the swift delivery of model 3 & Y, MegaPack, Tesla Insurance, supercharger network, along with the rapid factory builds should not be used aas evidence to the contrary.