Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What if the safety driver is needed to intervene during that drop out?
Either the remote safety driver is required, in which case you cannot have communication drop outs, or they are not needed and are not a safety driver, but rather an edge case drive arounder...
There is a chasm of difference between the technology and regulatory hurdles for these two cases:

1: FSD in all circumstances
2: FSD for an average of several seconds in the .0001 % of the time that Internet signal is lost (in the densely populated areas TN makes the most sense initially).

Both are machine learning based not similar enough for you? Tesla's new SoC happens to be a specialized NN computer! NN just happens to be the most important part of the system!

The underlying NN structure and the training mechanism are essentially the same. Actually natural language processing is a much simpler problem than object recognition based on video.
Wait... we are debating who is better at AI, Alphabet or Tesla? Useless discussion by a novice without an IQ test of the programmers and hw egrs. Not to mention apples and oranges and the fact that FSD will use a custom chip for FSD that will not be suited for speech, again apples and oranges.

Once again I draw from my own experience when I say Tesla AP is improving faster than my kid did behind the wheel, and in leaps as Elon describes his QA process checks.

Is today April 1st or the twilight zone where nothing makes sense on this forum?

One more point, Waymo uses Lidar - old technology purchased outright from the early days of autonomous vehicle driving contests. IMO they are stuck on stupid and too big to even notice. IQ maybe in the low 100's collectively and cant turn the ship wo egg on their face. Too proud I think.

I read it as: the illegal action would be a false report of a 144 (114?) sale, not the sale itself...

I read it that said poster was stirring the usual pot under the guise of being cautiously-critical-the-shoe-might-be-about-to-drop-and-I’ll-be-right-neener-neener.

Subsequently confirmed by the follow up post stating an innocuous maybe it’s this BUT could be this headliner bad bombshell thing.

I believe blitzscaling mainly refers to quickly scaling up at all cost. This makes perfect sense for PayPal, FB, Amazon, LinkedIn, Uber, AirBnb, YouTube, eBay, etc. in the early phase. By scaling up you take the lead, all customers use your website, you get more cash flow, more money for growth. The runner ups will face huge problems.

Blitzscaling is not as effective for business like Tesla. Though they can reduce unit cost by increasing scale. If Tesla gets Tesla Network running, quickly scale to 5 million FSD vehicles, charge $0.3 per mile... that would be real blitzscaling. The potential competitors would not know how to deal with it.

Blitzscaling is a Silicon Valley euphemism for cheating, bending the law, breaking the law, and getting away with it for so long you can afford the big attorneys when the lawsuits come. It’s precisely the type of hype term coined by a billionare who has successfully gone through the process. It gets you TED talks, book sales, cheesy over-produced podcasts, Medium essays, and “influencer” status on social media. Big whoop.

I’d rather Tesla focus on making the best products and delighting customers. Keep doing that and the rest will take care of itself.

I read it that said poster was stirring the usual pot under the guise of being cautiously-critical-the-shoe-might-be-about-to-drop-and-I’ll-be-right-neener-neener.

Subsequently confirmed by the follow up post stating an innocuous maybe it’s this BUT could be this headliner bad bombshell thing.
You're paranoid, I'm not anthonyj :p

Just check my postings history.
95% bullish and sometimes overemotional :(

Just like Apple is no longer considered just a computer company, in a few years people will no longer consider Tesla to be just a car company. Between energy storage, FSD, supercharging, and who knows what else they are working on, they will be seen as a tech juggernaut that sells cars as a way to get people locked into their ecosystem. Eventually other companies will want to participate in this ecosystem by licensing technology from Tesla.

Wait... we are debating who is better at AI, Alphabet or Tesla? Useless discussion by a novice without an IQ test of the programmers and hw egrs. Not to mention apples and oranges and the fact that FSD will use a custom chip for FSD that will not be suited for speech, again apples and oranges.

Once again I draw from my own experience when I say Tesla AP is improving faster than my kid did behind the wheel, and in leaps as Elon describes his QA process checks.

Is today April 1st or the twilight zone where nothing makes sense on this forum?

One more point, Waymo uses Lidar - old technology purchased outright from the early days of autonomous vehicle driving contests. IMO they are stuck on stupid and too big to even notice. IQ maybe in the low 100's collectively and cant turn the ship wo egg on their face. Too proud I think.
No I am NOT debating who has better AI! I am talking about the state of AI in general, which is more hype than actually useful especially when you expect reliability. It's easy to have very impressive demos and fell flat in daily usage. All companies are riding on this hype with a few very limited actually application.

It is NOT an apple to orange comparison because the underlying technology is essentially the same.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
You're paranoid

I know you are...
wait
That's like the pot calling the kettle...
no...
Takes one to know ...
Geeze, I got nothing...:)
paranoid.PNG

You're paranoid, I'm not anthonyj :p

Just check my postings history.
95% bullish and sometimes overemotional :(

As someone who's been on both sides of the "accidentally accusing others of being shorts" and "accidentally being accused of being a short" spectrum.... don't take it too seriously. :) Mistakes happen on the internet.

I am taking the online machine learning course from Stanford, the solution to the two problems are strikingly similar, especially when you talk about video based object recognition.

Google translate Functionally useful maybe 10 percent of the time when translating from Japanese to English. I found a sign in a restaurant in Japan that says "help yourself with water, no charge" and Google translate says "bring your own water".

I use Google translate to help me translate English to French, the waitress looked completely confused by what Google translate says to her.
Is that the Audacity series of classes online? Good luck with that. I'm a dropout of their python course. No teaching, just nice presentations to take your money. Its certification for those that already know it.

• Informative
Reactions: lklundin
Just like Apple is no longer considered just a computer company, in a few years people will no longer consider Tesla to be just a car company. Between energy storage, FSD, supercharging, and who knows what else they are working on, they will be seen as a tech juggernaut that sells cars as a way to get people locked into their ecosystem. Eventually other companies will want to participate in this ecosystem by licensing technology from Tesla.
Yes, see above... Most hugely successful companies have gone through a pivot shift, amazon sells more than books, and is now making their own shows, and similar examples exist for other tech companies.

Where is tesla heading, also pure speculation, i still think it is wireless energy transfer global, and who knows may be an added boost or support for travel to Mars... Who is selling tinfoil hats?

Is that the Audacity series of classes online? Good luck with that. I'm a dropout of their python course. No teaching, just nice presentations to take your money. Its certification for those that already know it.
No, it's the recordings of the actual lectures they taught in school. If you go back several years you can even find the ones when Karparthy was the lecturer

Reactions: neroden
People that think EV adoption will remain a niche completely discount that there will be any technological breakthroughs in the next 5-10 years to reduce cost, reduce charging time, and increase range. Given how much things have improved in the past decade, that seems like a very bad bet.
It's coming sooner than most realize:

BNEF Shocker — Electric Cars Price Competitive In 2020 As Battery Costs Plummet | CleanTechnica

Why the rapid shortening of the projected timeline? Plunging battery costs. For a midsize US car in 2015, the battery made up more than 57% of the total cost. This year, it’s 33%. By 2025, the battery will be only 20% of total vehicle cost, according to BNEF.

MODERATOR NOTE:
There are a strangely large number of supremely low-quality posts showing up. Not just people trying to be cute, and not just mischievous posters spreading malice, but real drivel.

If you can't post something of value, sit on your hands, please. If you want a silly chat group, there are plenty of other locations on the internet, so I have been told. Real comic relief - to an extent - always is welcome.

And in case you haven't noticed....I'm back.