Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FSD Technicians Training to Start 1st July in New Zealand

Attachments

• IMG_4765.jpeg
    IMG_4765.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4766.jpeg
    IMG_4766.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4767.jpeg
    IMG_4767.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 51
I might come out of early retirement and apply for this job lol. The shift hours suck though.

Seriously, this means FSD Beta is getting tested the world over. Worldwide launch is imminent (job description says its a temp job for 3 months).

19 positions in North America, US & Canada

Dang it. Why do my attachments not show up?

Since early Friday morning, Twitter.com has required log-in before displaying content, including visiting links to individual tweets:

Could you kindly post the text of the tweet that you linked earlier? TIA. Your content was "Ruh-roh": (not informative w/o the context of the tweet)

Folks, I've been warning you for months (if not years) that posting links to tweets w/o also posting the content here is fraught with risks of data disappearance. Now this has happened, globally, to all tweets ever posted here.

IMO this situation is an escalation to the Dowd 0'Clown attack on the safety of FDS. Ironic that he's now PAYING twitter.com to promote his lies. Well, I guess 'freedom of speech' doesn't include 'freedom of reach'...

TL;dr Please post the text of tweets not just the link to the tweet, so that people not logged into twitter.com can view the content, and so that content is preserved offsite.

THANKS!

Last edited:
Update as of 750CST
Q2 466 short of Q1
If countries averages continue at June levels will end up 237 units short of Q1
All daily reporting countries last reported day above June average

Norway and Denmark on last day, but reporting throughout the day
Sweden, Netherlands and Spain all have reported for the 29th. Wont get updates today.

Sweden delivered 301 on 29th
Norway 170
Netherlands 151
Spain 99
Denmark 84
Daily Reporting Q2 > Q1 with Spain and Netherlands last day of month not reported.

I might come out of early retirement and apply for this job lol. The shift hours suck though.

Seriously, this means FSD Beta is getting tested the world over. Worldwide launch is imminent (job description says its a temp job for 3 months).

Three months for worldwide rollout of FSD is out of the question. Regulations UNECE which European countries adhere to are rumoured to change towards enabling more of FSD first half of 2024 (which already seemed quick to me). Australia does not use UNECE (just googled) so you might get lucky down under... But still sceptical such a short time would be enough to do all the training to adapt to local specifics which has seemed to be a iterative process in the US.

19 positions in North America, US & Canada

To appease @Krugerrand I have applied. 😏

Driving someone else's Tesla, evaluating FSD, and, earning money to accumulate discount priced shares sounds like a great motivation to put retirement on pause.

Last edited:
Not sure why you'd want it to show all 5 at once in the car?

You can already get 3 of those 5 in car, at the same time, just by turning on the backup cam which shows the rear and side repeaters- and they're fairly useful for backing up/side clearance in reverse.... but otherwise-

The other 2 cameras that app view is offering are.... the front camera, which can't really see any better than you can if you're in the car... and the interior camera which...doesn't seem useful to display while you're sitting there?

I think people are hoping for a 360 degree view from above for parking that many other car brands have had for a while.

Well we have all weekend now to wonder if P/D numbers are about to be a miss lol

Model 3 & Y price cuts down under in NZ & Aus.

Model 3 SR in New Zealand is now the equivalent of $33k USD (before sales tax applied)

IMO, this information along with Troy's most recent analysis on waning order rates is not a good sign for Q2 earnings or possibly Q3 earnings as further price cuts in other markets may be coming. I really thought we'd be near the bottom for margins but maybe not.

The dissonance is amazing - people a bit on here and on Twitter were touting the strong deliveries and demand in Australia and then... more price cuts. Doesn't make sense.

While the share price may not drop, I think Musk is signalling there is more downside risk than upside risk to the stock in the next few months. I'll be modifying my trades accordingly by converting shares to sold puts and possibly even more downside protection.

The dissonance is amazing - people a bit on here and on Twitter were touting the strong deliveries and demand in Australia and then... more price cuts. Doesn't make sense.

You have read the mission statement and other hints over the years that explain/define this strategy, right?

Accelerate the transition, higher volume, lower prices, world domination, er, that is, world-saving transition to sustainable energy.

It sounds as if you may be under the impression that profit is Tesla's only goal.
If that isn't true, what other possibilities might explain this style of business behavior?

While the share price may not drop, I think Musk is signalling there is more downside risk than upside risk to the stock in the next few months.

Well, that, or, he's sandbagging, making subtle tongue-in-cheek comments.
But no, he'd never do that. looking forward to receiving my Burnt Hair fragrance, wish I had bought the short shorts...

You keep using that word, "think." Maybe that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

While the share price may not drop, I think Musk is signalling there is more downside risk than upside risk to the stock in the next few months. I'll be modifying my trades accordingly by converting shares to sold puts and possibly even more downside protection.

Selling puts is literally the worst thing you can do if you think it's going down. That's downside exposure with limited upside.

I think people are hoping for a 360 degree view from above for parking that many other car brands have had for a while.

The car physically lacks the cameras that allow this feature (which are typically fisheye cams down at the bottoms of bumpers)

The front cameras physically can not see below the hood/fender line in front so there's a significant blind spot close to the vehicle all around the front of the car (basically everything close and in front of the rear-facing fender cams).

Not a real issue for driving, but makes an accurate overhead 360 static view close to the car impossible.

You could stich together a "guess" at such a view from what the cameras saw before moving into the place they are now but it wouldn't be perfect, and would be potentially deceptively wrong to display when returning to a car after having been parked since things could move into the blind spots the car never saw.

But this has been covered about 9000 times already and it hasn't seemed to change people expecting a feature the car lacks the HW to deliver, so here we are.

Many speculated when the HW4 wiring info came out they were going to "fix" this with front bumper cams since there's connections there for em (and that could potentially fix how bad vision park assist is compared to the USS), but then the early HW4 cars had no extra cameras... speculation them moved to this would come with the CT (which makes sense esp. given a front low cam for off-roading would potentially be valuable) but still no sign of this on existing HW4 vehicles.

Selling puts is literally the worst thing you can do if you think it's going down. That's downside exposure with limited upside.

It's literally not the worst thing you could do. Cash secured puts have less downside risk than owning pure shares. Of course there are other trades to use if you are more confident it's going down, but those have more upside risk. Everything is a tradeoff.

You have read the mission statement and other hints over the years that explain/define this strategy, right?

Accelerate the transition, higher volume, lower prices, world domination, er, that is, world-saving transition to sustainable energy.

It sounds as if you may be under the impression that profit is Tesla's only goal.
If that isn't true, what other possibilities might explain this style of business behavior?

Well, that, or, he's sandbagging, making subtle tongue-in-cheek comments.
But no, he'd never do that. looking forward to receiving my Burnt Hair fragrance, wish I had bought the short shorts...

You keep using that word, "think." Maybe that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

What did you say here? This is the TSLA investment thread right? You would agree then that lowering prices by decent % combined with small increments in volumes means lower revenues and profits right?

So that's great for accelerating the world to sustainable energy, but not good for TSLA...which this thread is purportedly about.

Doesn't everyone already know that fund managers are mandated by policy to sell when a stock becomes too high a percentage of the fund? Kathie W. and Ron Baron have each explained this several times. As have others.

The problem -to paraphrase Mark Twain- is many people know that, but it's not actually true.

ARK removed their limits a couple of years ago , as has been mentioned here many times when people who "know" she is "mandated" to sell repeat that factually untrue claim.

What did you say here? This is the TSLA investment thread right? You would agree then that lowering prices by decent % combined with small increments in volumes means lower revenues and profits right?

So that's great for accelerating the world to sustainable energy, but not good for TSLA...which this thread is purportedly about.

No, I would not agree.

I would suggest you broaden your scope. The view you put forward is not representative of the company's history and mission.

Yes, it may not be good for TSLA over the short term, but, increasing the share price isn't part of Tesla's Mission, is it?

You do realize that Tesla has a decade-long track record of stunningly incredible growth, right?

Anything that happens to TSLA is merely a side-effect of that, it will never be the goal.

Perhaps you would be happier investing into a company that tells it shareholders that growing the share prices and increasing dividends are the most important thing to them. GM, or Ford may meet this criteria.

Elon has always and often reinforced how TSLA is a highly volatile stock and encouraged people who are uncomfortable with that to invest elsewhere.

HODL

Last edited:
Three months for worldwide rollout of FSD is out of the question. Regulations UNECE which European countries adhere to are rumoured to change towards enabling more of FSD first half of 2024 (which already seemed quick to me). Australia does not use UNECE (just googled) so you might get lucky down under... But still sceptical such a short time would be enough to do all the training to adapt to local specifics which has seemed to be a iterative process in the US.

Tesla will probably do what they did in California - they called it a level 2 system and didn’t report on the miles driven & disengagements to the DMV 🤣. There is nothing stopping anyone from using a level 2 system - hands on the wheels at all times. They are even careful to not to call it FSD in the job description, just Autopilot or ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System).

Reactions: petit_bateau