Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Important enough a finding so that I'm emplacing it here. For the record, hydrothermal bacteria were a fundamental part of my geochemical (biogeochemical) graduate work.

We have known that many, likely most, cyanobacteria are important converters of carbon dioxide. This article summarizes the hitherto unnkown ability of a certain species to perform such at an extraordinarily higher rate than others, and that it can flourish away from the sea in, for example, controlled environments in inhospitable (ie, non-arable) terrain. It could be, if not a panacea, at least playing an important role not only in controlling atmospheric CO2 levels but also in creating building blocks for plant-derived alternatives to petrochemicals, esp. "plastic" feedstocks.

Most references to the above derive ultimately from corporate press releases: I am still trying to locate lab-generated data or articles but to put a damper on the above, one needs to temper discovery from hype.

Important enough a finding so that I'm emplacing it here. For the record, hydrothermal bacteria were a fundamental part of my geochemical (biogeochemical) graduate work.

We have known that many, likely most, cyanobacteria are important converters of carbon dioxide. This article summarizes the hitherto unnkown ability of a certain species to perform such at an extraordinarily higher rate than others, and that it can flourish away from the sea in, for example, controlled environments in inhospitable (ie, non-arable) terrain. It could be, if not a panacea, at least playing an important role not only in controlling atmospheric CO2 levels but also in creating building blocks for plant-derived alternatives to petrochemicals, esp. "plastic" feedstocks.
Warm water, sunshine... finally, Florida will have purpose! 🎉

Though I doubt the Highland M3 will be there, it will be interesting to see how Tesla plays this, after the big splash Highland M3 has made in Munich. Many of the auto media that saw the Highland M3 in Munich will be in Detroit too.

The Higland M3 was one of the biggest debuts at Munich.
Maybe they'll sneak one in, in the bed of a Cybertruck. 😁

Seemz $250 is winning...
Did everyone sleep in or still on vacation? Oh, maybe waiting for their United Flights?

1694022303775.png

It feels like a lot of phev owners don't bother getting 240v/L2 installed, but rather content themselves with whatever they can get with provided adapter. My neighbor has a jeep occasionally plugged into the porch outlet so that's probably what they all do.
With the smallish batteries the vast majority of plug-in hybrids can easily charge overnight with 120v. There is no real need for an L2. For example my RAV4 Prime takes 12 hours on 120v. And the car is almost always in the garage that much. Sure I can charge in 3.5 hours with Level 2 but who cares if the car is full by 10pm or 7am.

With the smallish batteries the vast majority of plug-in hybrids can easily charge overnight with 120v. There is no real need for an L2. For example my RAV4 Prime takes 12 hours on 120v. And the car is almost always in the garage that much. Sure I can charge in 3.5 hours with Level 2 but who cares if the car is full by 10pm or 7am.
Same here. I plug my Leaf into a regular wall outlet instead of using the L2 charger which gets used for the Tesla. I have a hunch the trickle charge is better for the health of the Leaf's battery.

Curious--why is that?
Same reason why Tesla ignored all these car shows till now and did not lose out on anything.

Just like car reviews by professionals from trade mags and media are all so 90s and Tesla shuns them, so are car shows. Car shows don't give the user the benefit of getting behind the wheel and seeing what the hoopla is all about. Cars in these shows serve mostly as eye candy and not sure Tesla is best displayed as one of the candies among many. They serve as a platform for paid fake media to write (aka gush) about your products. Tesla doesn't need all that. Media talks about Tesla all the time and the media FUD isn't going to change just by participating in these events.

Tesla is different. Tesla doesn't have to join the sheep.

Some FSD humor for the day. I'm pretty sure this is all AI generated, but wow it's pretty realistic!

Edit: This is the source, everyone was copying for their clicks.
The interesting thing here is.... someone went to a lot of trouble. And to get the maximum attention, they use cybertruck and tesla bot. This is like having a vast distributed and FREE PR agency doing tesla investors work, without it costing us a penny.
The wave of attention Tesla will get with the first CT deliveries is, IMHO, vastly underestimated by wall st. And we are probably less than a month from that date.
If you are waiting for a 'good price' to load up on shares, don't wait too long.

Unnecessary... unproductive and I would say a move that will hurt more than benefit.
The mob's unawareness about Tesla is juge. Their lack of clue about Tesla's advantage in many aspects Tesla does is just staggering.

People still ask me "how are these batteries in the Winter" questions. A reasonably smart coworker has expressed his worries about premature battery replacement several times, even though I mentioned about 8y warranty and more.

People have dismissed my MYs due to "panel gaps" alone. People have asked questions about home charging and various price aspects.

The corrupt media has done the damage. Me thinks that a show that the mob visits will do well for Tesla. They will ask their stupid questions but will get real answers.

As one dude said - "f*** pride" , it is time to show what Tesla is all about even at the mob shows.

Car shows don't give the user the benefit of getting behind the wheel and seeing what the hoopla is all about.

Really? Did you even read the Tweet?

Experience indoor track ride-along, and will offer street ride-and-drives.

Or the press release:

Outside of Huntington Place, Ford and Tesla will offer street course ride-and-drives. There, show visitors will get a chance to get behind the wheel and take products for a spin along the Detroit riverfront over portions of the Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix downtown race circuit.

So yes, people will be able to get behind the wheel for a drive, in addition to having just a ride.

Right!? The vast arguments about Tesla needing to advertise, so they do, and then ‘what a waste of resources’, etc…
Show ideas - just to name a few:

- Hand out Tesla FSD lic/sales sheets.
- V4 SuperCharger (w/ signup sheet for any remaining NACS holdouts).
- See how long CyberTruck floats in a salt-water pool. (I'm curious ;)
- Hype, Hype, and more Hype!

The mob's unawareness about Tesla is juge (joke?). Their lack of clue about Tesla's advantage in many aspects Tesla does is just staggering.

I think the mob knows, but the public is still way behind and full of FUD. (GJ doesn't actually believer what he says).

I still don't understand why Tesla was invited to the show at all. Out of respect? What's next, Top 10 Self Driving list with Tesla actually on it? It's a head scratcher.

I bet MSM ignores Tesla key points, glosses over. But YouTube and X will be all over this with social media. This could be how the public will learn some truth, we'll see.

Reactions: wipster