Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CPI report shows annual U.S. headline inflation rate of 3.7% — a 14-month high

TSLA holding up well vs the QQQ macros after this 're-flation' of oil prices... haha, do you think Wall-E realizes now that Tesla is the genuine, no-nonsense no-carbon play? From soup to nuts, we've got it all: Generation (solar), Storage (megapack), Distribution (superchargers), EVs (2S3XY CT Semi) :D

Plus Autonomy and AI/Robotics are like free options in a Trillion-Dollar Loto (El Gordo)!

Cheers to the Nutz!

Last edited:
One concern I have - Ron Baron said they'd be up (in terms of units of cars sold) only 20-30% this year, and the same next year. Just for context:

In 2022, Tesla sold 1.31 million units

Based off of 20% unit growth projections:

2023 - 1.57 million units
2024 - 1.89 million units

Based off of 30% unit growth projections:

2023 - 1.7 million units
2024 - 2.21 million units

These numbers are extremely conservative, aren't they? If Tesla sells 1.57-1.7 million units in 2023, I think TSLA is guaranteed to crash back into the $100s.

So is Ron Baron just spitballing conservative numbers, or does he have some kind of guidance directly from Tesla?
Tesla has guided 1.8M twice now for 2023 and just based on current reg numbers Tesla will have to shut down q4 to be at 1.5M.

Until Tesla gives it a name I think "Model 2" has stuck as it conveys a sub Model 3 car.

Well I don't know what the Compact car variant will be called, but the Next-Gen Robotaxi or 'Model 1' should be called "Johnny Cab" as a hat tip to Mars/Recall:

Johnnycab_Main.jpg

Then of course, that memes Made-in-Mexico robotaxi will be known as the "Model Juan"... ;)

¡Salud!

Last edited:
Uh, Roadster 2?
It has rear seats if you don't get the SpaceX package.
SmartSelect_20230913_092337_Firefox.jpg

Hey, we don't really think it's going to be a two seater do we? Moms need to be able to ride with their kids. Groups like to ride together. A two seater will be limited in the US. Needs to be a four seater with room for stuff.
Extrovert...

Funding is coming from the EU CEF Transport programme, specifically the Alternative Fuels Infrastructure Facility calls: Funding & tenders

You can see that the last cutoff for proposals was April, so likely the evaluation process that produced the award would have finalised recently, hence it became public. Typically the time to grant following notification of the award is around 3 months, so before the end of the year, although if Tesla know the money is coming the could typically start sooner

Once the grant is signed, it will appear on this page: Funding & tenders

Edit: I see @NicoV found the CINEA evaluation results PDF, which is some good sleuthing, I didn't even realise it was publicly available. More info here: Transport infrastructure: over EUR 352 million of EU funding to boost greener mobility

And yes, EU has been throwing money at hydrogen since forever, they used to have a Joint undertaking call FCH "Fuel Cell Hydrogen" running, I'm not sure what happened to that though
Maybe something like this happened to it though:

exploded-hydrogen-fueling-station.png

Hey, we don't really think it's going to be a two seater do we? Moms need to be able to ride with their kids. Groups like to ride together. A two seater will be limited in the US. Needs to be a four seater with room for stuff.

Do you honestly think none of the other models will be available for Robotaxi use?

A 2-seater will be perfect for 95% (statistically) of current vehicle use scenarios.

Next time you are on the road, notice the number of occupants in other vehicles.

Tesla’s marketing (?) team can make excellent decisions.

Like not sending this Alaskan that infuriating insult.

C'mon now- they are the same folks who emailed me a couple times a year to tell me about their awesome solar products that they were not actually offering where I live.

If only the people who sold me my car had any possible way to know where I lived and filtered their marketing emails against it.

Maybe someone someday will invent such advanced technology,

A 2-seater will be perfect for 95% (statistically) of current vehicle use scenarios.

<citation required>

Seriously though-you might be entirely right but first time this came up I briefly looked and couldn't find good #s on this (especially specific to taxis/rideshares)- if you have some I'd love to see em.