Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 990958

A solid update. Improved latency at no cost. A few 10% improvements, a few of these a year and it adds up.

Imo it seems that Tesla have been very silent about V12. No AI day announced yet, they have been held in September and October in the past. Don't think it's because they have run into some wall and cannot improve and have nothing to show. Clearly Optimus was moving forward fast and V12 demo was impressive even with one intervention(that should be fixable with some data). And Dojo should have been ramping up and H100s added to seriously improve compute. So I think that they are intentionally choosing to be quiet at this point. The question is why? Maybe it's because they are very close to actually solving FSD? The demo showed almost solving it and since then the V12-branch has likely gotten a lot more compute and priority of the developers. The last release notes seems more like project vacation improvement to the less beta version that customers use right now, that they need to maintain until the next V12 release goes from beta to public wide beta in a few months.

And if V12 actually is FSD(not robotaxi, but A->B without interventions 99% of the time and safer than humans), then the value of this will dwarf 2023 earnings.
What version are the notes from?

I do worry a bit about US makers putting EVs further on the back burner because of this. I know we have seen FUD come and go but there seems to be a new push to make EVs (and not just subsidies) a political issue here in the US.

I'm hoping one or more of the legacy players are scaling back now only because they know what they can do with existing resources would be a waste of time and money to pursue further, and, they are (hopefully) negotiating with Tesla to come up with some viable offerings under their own brand for the future.

Licensing Tesla manufacturing prowess into their assembly lines, as well as their drive train and software products into the vehicles would likely be the fastest and most cost-effective way for legacy OEMs to bring a truly compelling EV to market. If they can get the UAW employees to stay out of the way of the robots.

Looking forward to seeing the "Tesla Inside" stickers on these vehicles someday.

I'm hoping one or more of the legacy players are scaling back now only because they know what they can do with existing resources would be a waste of time and money to pursue further, and, they are (hopefully) negotiating with Tesla to come up with some viable offerings under their own brand for the future.

Licensing Tesla manufacturing prowess into their assembly lines, as well as their drive train and software products into the vehicles would likely be the fastest and most cost-effective way for legacy OEMs to bring a truly compelling EV to market. If they can get the UAW employees to stay out of the way of the robots.

Looking forward to seeing the "Tesla Inside" stickers on these vehicles someday.
If Tesla wants to achieve the fastest possible transition making the highest quality product, for the lowest possible price in the highest possible volume achieves that. Ultimately others have to sink or swim, falling market share will focus minds.

When legacy OEMs produce EVs that go close to matching the specifications and price of Tesla, it is game over for ICE. If those legacy OEMs can't go close to matching Tesla, then they will keep losing market share.

Survival of the fittest.

Last edited:
I find this part of what you said very interesting, because I've been keeping an eye on Tesla inventory since about 1.5 months before Q3 ended. When I first started checking inventory ~3months ago, there were plenty of discounted inventory vehicles. Ever since the start of Q4, I haven't found a single discounted inventory vehicle that isn't a demo vehicle. I'll try to continue to keep an eye on inventory, and report back when I start seeing discounts on inventory, but if it doesn't start soon, I think we could definitely be looking at a quarter in which Tesla will surprise to the upside in terms of margins:

1. Potentially significantly less discounted inventory vehicle sales
2. Model 3 Highland sales with elevated gross margins

Along with the evidence showing that Highland model 3 is already ramped up to pre-Highland production levels, upside in terms of margins could also be combined with upside in terms of vehicles produced/delivered as well.

Today, pretty much exactly halfway through the quarter, I've started seeing some non-demo Model 3's discounted. So far, I'm only seeing some Model 3 discounted. Last quarter, I think I started looking at Tesla inventory at around this time, and there were discounts on all models already.

1700094167121.png

If Tesla wants to achieve the fastest possible transition making the highest quality product, for the lowest possible price in the highest possible volume achieves that. Ultimately others have to sink or swim, falling market share will focus minds.

When legacy OEMs produce EVs that go close to matching the specifications and price of Tesla, it is game over for ICE. If those legacy OEMs can't go close to matching Tesla, then they will keep losing market share.

Survival of the fittest.
Yes legacy seems to be trying to give EVs a bad name. They are working against the transition.

Where do I find the historical quarterly delivery numbers for Tesla vehicles. I've been trying to fight FUD on Nextdoor. Talk about a waste of time, but I can't help myself 😁. It would be easy for a lot of you guys, but I was dropped on my head as a child.

Tesla Investor Relations

Always go straight to the source...

Survival of the fittest.
Um, yeah, exactly, kinda.

Tesla could accelerate the mission by helping legacy build better factories, sell them rights to produce powertrains, and sell them electronics packages and software licenses for the cool stuff.

That would make it happen quicker than Tesla on its own. Plus, more profits.

Getting the mission accomplished is not about survival of the fittest, it is just about survival.

Though it won't be charity, and it is unlikely that more than a couple of them would go for it.

The ones that don't will fall by the wayside.