Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weekend thoughts:

The starship 2nd launch this weekend makes internet digital app tech look dumb in comparison, tbh. This is especially true when I was reminded that the Starhopper tests were only 4 years ago! I can see how the entire internet digital app field has become so saturated compared to only a decade ago. The internet matters, I don't think apps do as much though.

Also, the whole OpenAI situation seems like a very childish power struggle on such a huge scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...anyone have an guesstimate or informed opinion on how big of trickle down effect this is all going to be to Nvidia Sales in terms of GPU board orders going to Tesla instead of OpenAI?

Based on this article referencing the Q2/2023 earnings call, OpenAI was creating buying pressure on Tesla for chips for Tesla's fleet!

Threads of the month:
SpaceX Starship - Integrated Flight Test #2 - Starbase TX 3rd flight maybe in 1 month
Artificial Intelligence Sam Altman to MSFT, good for Grok?
FSD discussion - V12 coming in 1 week?

Results of CT poll:
1700468352239.png

It looks like we have a new hyper-bull. Interesting that he has assigned a high value to distributed inference, a business that was first mentioned only a few months ago. Tesla/Elon continue to throw off multi-billion business ideas at a high rate.

As to the actual valuation, it seems highly optimistic, but not impossible - it just relies on everything going right.

It looks like we have a new hyper-bull. Interesting that he has assigned a high value to distributed inference, a business that was first mentioned only a few months ago. Tesla/Elon continue to throw off multi-billion business ideas at a high rate.

As to the actual valuation, it seems highly optimistic, but not impossible - it just relies on everything going right.

I feel his analysis is largely correct, but I think it will play out slower than he predicts coupled with lower revenues on Robotaxi and Bots due to smaller margins.

Still, this is why I am very long on TSLA. :cool:

Why choose?
SpaceX has shown that it is okay to have two RUDs at a time while making progress. ;)

However, Tesla started its super-heavy launches before SpaceX and may reach orbit sooner.
OT
remember, SpaceX Grasshopper was literally _ONLY_ 10 years ago (tony seba type timelines speed rate of change, red shifting into the future)
(fine, picky picky, 10 years, 1 month, + appx 1 week, happy?)

Nobody is gonna pay $500/mo for FSD as he postulates.

A business making thousands a month providing a Robotaxi service may find such a rate acceptable.

It seems unlikely that a private owner using FSD for personal travel would feel comfortable to pay that rate.

A tiered FSD rate based on miles or hours in use per month might cover the extremes of the usage range more equitably.

Or, a "Robotaxi Mode" where there is a percentage taken when Tesla is managing Robotaxi operation while in that mode. For personal use (not for profit) it is billed at a flat rate per month and can only be summoned by a limited number of listed Tesla Phone App users. (i.e.: $50/mo/user up to 10 users)

Last edited:
Nobody is gonna pay $500/mo for FSD as he postulates.

Many people pay considerably more than that today for a less capable human chauffeur (or other paid driver role), so FSD-as-aspired-to (but not remotely as it exists today) there'd be lots of people happy to pay that- though I think the number is considerably lower than that guys 30% of all Tesla buyers from now through 2030 because while the # who can and would pay $500 is much higher than "nobody" it's not as high as this dude suggests either for pure affordability reasons or simply the legit TAM of this (he appears to have by 2030 roughly 2x more people buying FSD as the current total taxi and limo fleet in the entire world... even if you added all truck drivers in the entire world I don't think you come within millions of his projected #- and there's no way infrastructure will exist worldwide to replace 100% of all those humans by 2030 either)

Last edited: