Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This might sound FUD-like but this is a honest question...Just curious about thoughts here for older, non-RT vehicles being added to the network....have we seen a reasonable "work around" for the blind spots that are very close to the current gen vehicles? The same blind spots that prevent Tesla from stitching together surrounding images as parking assistance. We can't have a loved one (animal or child), sneak into that blind spot while the vehicle is "asleep". Maybe the vehicle can't ever sleep and must watch the cameras 24/7 to ensure nothing enters the blind spot without leaving? If it didn't leave, ask human to get out and verify? Maybe use the horn? I can think of a few problematic edge cases, like 2 small "things" enter the frame looking like 1 and disappear into the blind spot and then leave the frame, but in reality 1 left and 1 stayed behind? I assume Tesla owns that liability while in the network and that type of accident could cause public outrage. While I understand this question is totally an edge case, it's in the realm of possibilities...
It’s a power hog but sure why not. Id want to listen if possible or limit to fronts only if in low power mode.

I wonder if the sonar (on ones wo a camera in front bumper) could be retuned (new firmware) for more natural frequencies? Turns out yes per chat.

(Edit, sonar is typically 45kHz to listen for close proximity objects, so drop the frequency and listen in our range and a little further out in front. Resolution is irrelevant, unless a windy bush sits in front. Change is what matters and that can also be AI trained.)

Last edited:
It's true there are a lot of misconceptions, however some of the animosity towards Elon/Tesla is also because of things Elon has posted on Twitter/X.
I recall there was a whole cadre of haters long before X. Because those folks are very likely to also use social media, I'm not sure the actual number has increased that much.

It’s sad. It's because we're ALL manipulated by the media. Some more than others. Few realize it and many have NO clue. It's especially true with politics, but Tesla and Elon are a popular narrative. The best we can do is realize it, seek multiple and lower bias sources. With blind sheep, one approach is to respectfully share truth, facts and counter points to FUD *AND* suggest that they question the source that fed them FUD in the first place so that they might "consider the source" next time. It's definitely an uphill battle.
All I know is that I am currently in Copenhagen and there are Teslas everywhere! I guess the alleged hatred for Tesla and Elon is primarily limited to the dark confines of on-line trolls.

I recall there was a whole cadre of haters long before X. Because those folks are very likely to also use social media, I'm not sure the actual number has increased that much.

It is one amazing mind judo move to create content that fans the flames of his own haters, have them pay for the service to do so, and then he pays the ones that are good at it back via the same platform lol

Any advertising is good advertising.

Last edited:
Weekend side topic, but still Tesla related:

I belong to other forums on the net, non-Tesla forums, but several of them have threads discussing Tesla cars and Elon. I'm always amazed how many people absolutely hate Tesla cars and despise Elon, and yet reading what they post about them I realize they all bring up FUD and inaccuracies about both Elon and the cars, constantly. Many of them don't know what they are talking about:

- Elon lies all the time and is a psychopath.
- Elon is a nazi.
- Elon inherited a family fortune to build his empire with.
- Elon is greedy.
- Elon hates humanity.
- Elon is a racist.
- Tesla wouldn't exist if not for the government handouts keeping them going even today.
- Tesla is a ponzi scheme.
- Tesla cars have terrible quality, even today.
- Tesla Autopilot and FSD are dangerous and kill more people than cars without them.
- Tesla shareholders just voted to give Elon $56 billion in cash.
- Tesla shareholders are all idiots who belong to a cult.
- Tesla's can't drive very far and their batteries don't last.
- Tesla's are not made in America.

It's wild, but it seems to me like most of it is emotional rather than grounded in fact. Its like some people hate Elon and Tesla simply because of the things the media tells them, and they simply parrot that info and sentiment rather than investigate for themselves.

What I've also noticed is how quickly they disregard anything to the contrary, like they can't even consider any possibility their beliefs might be incorrect. Anytime anything goes against their collective group hate its immediately labeled as cult mentality or "stanning" for Musk and consequently tossed aside so they can resume riding the hate train.

I always question everything, constantly, I have my entire life, but it surprises me how many people stop questioning once they get into a comfortable and easy position. The media is not always correct, they twist and lie often, and there are a LOT of people out there with strong false perspectives on both Tesla cars and on Elon too.

Sometimes I just don't understand society or humanity. People's behaviors often confound me, and it often makes me fear for the future of our world. 😔

And this is exactly why we need to remember how special this little forum is. At the risk of sounding paranoid, I find it hard to believe that this amount of hate and misinformation just spontaneously happens. It's nurtured and curated in a deliberate manner. That's why we need to be so protective of this place, especially now when Tesla seems to be on the cusp of another wave (or two) of growth. Lots of people and lots of industries are going to be threatened and will do whatever they can to protect their interests. This forum is a bulwark against those forces and we need to actively take care of it. Every time an intelligent poster leaves, we are weakened. When we allow and feed trolls, we are weakened. When we argue about comments Elon makes that are contrary to what we may personally believe, but have nothing to do with Tesla, we are weakened. I don't post in here very often, but I feel very protective of this place.

I belong to other forums on the net, non-Tesla forums, but several of them have threads discussing Tesla cars and Elon. I'm always amazed how many people absolutely hate Tesla cars and despise Elon, and yet reading what they post about them I realize they all bring up FUD and inaccuracies about both Elon and the cars, constantly. Many of them don't know what they are talking about:

- Elon is a nazi.
- Elon is greedy.
- Elon hates humanity.
- Elon is a racist.
- Tesla wouldn't exist if not for the government handouts keeping them going even today.
- Tesla Autopilot and FSD are dangerous and kill more people than cars without them.

It's wild, but it seems to me like most of it is emotional rather than grounded in fact. Its like some people hate Elon and Tesla simply because of the things the media tells them, and they simply parrot that info and sentiment rather than investigate for themselves.

What I've also noticed is how quickly they disregard anything to the contrary, like they can't even consider any possibility their beliefs might be incorrect. Anytime anything goes against their collective group hate its immediately labeled as cult mentality or "stanning" for Musk and consequently tossed aside so they can resume riding the hate train.

I always question everything, constantly, I have my entire life, but it surprises me how many people stop questioning once they get into a comfortable and easy position. The media is not always correct, they twist and lie often, and there are a LOT of people out there with strong false perspectives on both Tesla cars and on Elon too.

Sometimes I just don't understand society or humanity. People's behaviors often confound me, and it often makes me fear for the future of our world. 😔
Hmmm - Elon was being good and he is now made lonely and isolated by those spreading lies that they are now beginning to regret as their narrative unwinds…? Where have I heard something like that before?

1718568758813.jpeg

Last edited:

- Elon is a nazi.
- Elon is greedy.
- Elon hates humanity.
- Elon is a racist.

To be fair, saying that all Elon haters are manipulated by the media is just as silly as Elon haters calling all Elon supporters brainwashed cultists. I have personally cringed many times when reading Elon's posts on X. I don't need the "media" to tell me anything.

Furthermore, not everything Elon does is 4D chess. Not all his business moves are brilliant. He has frequently misled with his statements. Many outside these forums would call it lying.

Of course there are some Elon haters who fan the flames with lies or misinformation. But Elon doesn't need any help from the media to be disliked by half the population. He can do that perfectly well by himself.

To be fair, saying that all Elon haters are manipulated by the media is just as silly as Elon haters calling all Elon supporters brainwashed cultists. I have personally cringed many times when reading Elon's posts on X. I don't need the "media" to tell me anything.

Furthermore, not everything Elon does is 4D chess. Not all his business moves are brilliant. He has frequently misled with his statements. Many outside these forums would call it lying.

Of course there are some Elon haters who fan the flames with lies or misinformation. But Elon doesn't need any help from the media to be disliked by half the population. He can do that perfectly well by himself.

Oh I agree with all of that. Elon says things I very much dislike, and he does things I think are inane too.

However, that doesn't mean Elon is unequivocally bad, terrible, evil, etc, because he says a lot of great things too, and does a lot of awesome things as well. It seems like some people take the bad and amplify it into outlandish proportions while wholly discarding anything and everything which counters said negative emotions, and its that behavior which I can't comprehend.

Amazing that we’re forced to ingest the dumbest conspiracy theories on Earth just because Tesla wasn’t invited to a UAW event. Even though the biggest bill the “bad guy” signed was a gigantic windfall to Tesla and is working to stop the only actual competition Tesla has, Chinese EVs. Sigh.

Internet brain rot is real people. Also I’m constantly reminded that the average IQ is 100. 😂

I sure wish Tesla would count potholes, manhole covers and speed humps as "static objects" to be avoided.

There is a brief circuit of 6 manhole covers on my work-home route. They're easy to avoid and it's amusing to watch every other car around me bash right into them but when my own car does it, not amusing.
Yah. Shallow pothole on entrance to my development that can be driven around. Tesla hits it and stops, stunned, going WTF? then rockets ahead.
Every. Single. Time.

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Please don’t. It’s also a long time taboo practice per the mods.
Legit info on X is informative at times, but I come to this forum for the informed perspectives and research done on Tesla, a major investment of mine since 2012, to improve on whether to buy, hold, or sell.

My two major buy inflection points in 2017 and 2019 were due to my knowledge and confirmed from the information here.

My major sell points in 2021 and subsequently minorly over the years thereafter as needed were from perspectives here on this forum and thread.

This is all to say, I wouldn't want to come here if it was all cross-linked X posts...

Oh I agree with all of that. Elon says things I very much dislike, and he does things I think are inane too.

However, that doesn't mean Elon is unequivocally bad, terrible, evil, etc, because he says a lot of great things too, and does a lot of awesome things as well. It seems like some people take the bad and amplify it into outlandish proportions while wholly discarding anything and everything which counters said negative emotions, and its that behavior which I can't comprehend.

I'm sure there are more than just a few Elon trolls or uber haters in the wild, but it only takes a small percentage to seem like a lot.

In my personal encounters, people who dislike Elon are more of the opinion that he's gone a bit crazy, as opposed to being evil or nefarious. Enough for them to stay away from TSLA, and even Tesla sometimes.

It's true there are a lot of misconceptions, however some of the animosity towards Elon/Tesla is also because of things Elon has posted on Twitter/X.

I would say a lot of the animosity towards tesla is from a variety of factors that are not due to Tesla itself or their products. These include, but are not limited to:
- “guilt by association” from people who strongly dislike Elon for various reasons, some valid, some not so valid.
- people that strongly align with certain political personalities on both sides that tell people either to dislike EVs or dislike non-union automakers or billionaires and their associated companies.
- people (usually older) that simply hate change
- Tesla managements reliuctance for many years to reach the vast majority of consumers via advertising that would have educated the population on the reality of Tesla EVs. Tesla cant rely on other auto makers preaching EV benefits, due to the fact they still rely heavily on ICE sales, and so aren’t going to spend vast sums of money telling people how EVs are better. In the US alone the auto industry (carmakers & auto dealers) spent more than $30 Billion on advertising last year, likely most of that was advertising ICE vehicles.

EXACTLY. If some on here have not read his tweets/posts or have not seen the garbage he reposts, then you have no right to post that we are manipulated by the media. All of those Elon posts or retweets are his own. There is no manipulation. Let’s stop with this media bad crap. Sure, the media does not help Elon and we have A lot of “pile on”, but Elon is his worst own enemy. The guy can be brilliant and dumb at the same time.
Just stick to building excellent cars, working to develop great AI and autonomous vehicles, Optimus robots, neurolink, boring company, energy storage, etc, and quit tweeting garbage...and everyone will love Elon. Can’t get more simple than that.

Edit: @mrmage already stated The obvious better than I did.

Last edited:
I sure wish Tesla would count potholes, manhole covers and speed humps as "static objects" to be avoided.

There is a brief circuit of 6 manhole covers on my work-home route. They're easy to avoid and it's amusing to watch every other car around me bash right into them but when my own car does it, not amusing.
Lack of pothole avoidance was my only complaint from my 1 month trial. I hope that's high on their list to resolve.