Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think that?
If the 500 mile range Semi is high nickel. the 300 mile version can be LFP.

A lower cost truck is probably more important that more range or more cargo capacity.

IMO there will be more 300 mile versions sold, because that range is adequate for many tasks.

Last edited:
I've been yapping about this, as much as the Mods would allow, for probably close to a year now.

929efe1c9faa417dc8b8a2188374be8f.jpeg

I the 500 mile range Semi is high nickel. the 300 mile version can be LFP.

A lower cost truck is probably more important that more range or more cargo capacity.

IMO there will be more 300 mile versions sold, because that range is adequate for many tasks.
Sure 300 miles of range is sufficient, but even then they will want the maximum payload possible. Will the cheapness of LFP offset the reduced revenue from a lower payload capacity?

Yes, not every customer will need it, so maybe two low range variants will be available.

Sure 300 miles of range is sufficient, but even then they will want the maximum payload possible. Will the cheapness of LFP offset the reduced revenue from a lower payload capacity?

Yes, not every customer will need it, so maybe two low range variants will be available.
I agree, but we could be talking about an additional $60,000 ($100/kWh) for the high nickel version of the SR Semi,

Last edited:
Lack of pothole avoidance was my only complaint from my 1 month trial. I hope that's high on their list to resolve.
I would dare to say this will be a cancelled feature and it's much easier to reinforce the tires and suspension vs trying to avoid potholes. Avoiding potholes will just introduce more noise into the system like more phantom braking due to a dark shadow. Anything can look like a pothole (ie manhole covers). I would say skip this for the purpose of robotaxis and those with thin racing tires should just deal with disengaging.

Amazing that we’re forced to ingest the dumbest conspiracy theories on Earth just because Tesla wasn’t invited to a UAW event. Even though the biggest bill the “bad guy” signed was a gigantic windfall to Tesla and is working to stop the only actual competition Tesla has, Chinese EVs. Sigh.

Internet brain rot is real people. Also I’m constantly reminded that the average IQ is 100. 😂

Probably a 0.001% chance of any truth to this, but there's a part of my brain that wonders if the Biden/Elon conflict was planned in some way...Biden keeps the unions happy by not publicly loving Tesla, and Tesla still gets benefits from legislation (that the other companies could benefit from too if they'd work harder on the EV transition).

As for 100 IQ...you left off the best part! I think George Carlin put it best: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Amazing that we’re forced to ingest the dumbest conspiracy theories on Earth just because Tesla wasn’t invited to a UAW event. Even though the biggest bill the “bad guy” signed was a gigantic windfall to Tesla and is working to stop the only actual competition Tesla has, Chinese EVs. Sigh.

Internet brain rot is real people. Also I’m constantly reminded that the average IQ is 100. 😂
These are good points, yet they do not preclude potential "conspiracy" (or the theories of such) within the system. Let's not be naive.

I'll remind you that IQ tests do not measure most forms of intelligence, but whatever makes you feel superior to "average" humans...

The "bad guy" tried to insert handouts to Tesla's union run US competitors in said bill, only to be stopped by a senator from his own party.

Also the windfall from the bill and stopping Chinese EV benefit Tesla's union run US competitors just as much as - if not more than - Tesla.

So no, it's not the dumbest conspiracy theories on Earth at all, not by a long shot.

I would dare to say this will be a cancelled feature and it's much easier to reinforce the tires and suspension vs trying to avoid potholes. Avoiding potholes will just introduce more noise into the system like more phantom braking due to a dark shadow. Anything can look like a pothole (ie manhole covers). I would say skip this for the purpose of robotaxis and those with thin racing tires should just deal with disengaging.

You've got my vote for mentioning thin racing tires 😁.

Almost every car has pointless (for everyday driving) big wheels and low profile tires now. I know big wheels means you can fit bigger brakes...but with regen on an EV, you should be able to get away with smaller brakes if you don't care about track times or stopping from illegal speeds.

Even the 18" wheels on the 3 and the 19's on the Y are mostly just for "style" and for theoretical performance most will never use. Give me some 16" or 17" wheels (or smaller 😉) with really meaty 65 profile tires. A nice, common, cheap tire size with hard-wearing tread and an S or T speed rating would be a better, cheaper base option for nerds like me!

The guy can be brilliant and dumb at the same time.
Just stick to building excellent cars, working to develop great AI and autonomous vehicles, Optimus robots, neurolink, boring company, energy storage, etc, and quit tweeting garbage...and everyone will love Elon. Can’t get more simple than that.
He doesn't crave for everyone's love so much so that he'd compromise his principles, and that's a good thing.

If people can figure it out, I expect AI to be able to figure it out. Am I too optimistic?

Last edited:
If people can figure it out, I expect AI to be able to figure it out. Am I too optimistic?
Sure maybe eventually but just like Chucks left turn, these challenges are not required to start making some revenue therefore shouldnt be prioritized. It's kind of what shorts want, a thesis in which nitpicking every little thing that needs to be fixed or no robotaxis while Waymo doesn't need to fix beyond their L4 domain and just put on hazard lights if it fails.

Sure maybe eventually but just like Chucks left turn, these challenges are not required to start making some revenue therefore shouldnt be prioritized. It's kind of what shorts want, a thesis in which nitpicking every little thing that needs to be fixed or no robotaxis while Waymo doesn't need to fix beyond their L4 domain and just put on hazard lights if it fails.
My feeling is that we are in a "grinding" phase. Meaning that we need to iterate and correct and iterate and correct again and improve the conversion rate of FSD and add new markets (China, EU) and allow the FSD transfer for one more quarter and make the free trials stick and again and again. It will take months, if not years. Elon as always thinks medium to long term.

My read is that Elon debunked Cern Basher's 250 trillion USD, not 25 trillion.

He then said "Yeah" to @avoigt saying

Alex @alex_avoigt
The $25 Trillion Tesla bot valuation is too conservative!

The problem with big numbers is that people have never seen them before, but what we have here is a situation where the economy is no longer defined by the labour and productivity we have today, but by a new labour force that we can literally manufacture in unlimited numbers to manufacture. $tsla

It's a rule changer.

My feeling is that we are in a "grinding" phase. Meaning that we need to iterate and correct and iterate and correct again and improve the conversion rate of FSD and add new markets (China, EU) and allow the FSD transfer for one more quarter and make the free trials stick and again and again. It will take months, if not years. Elon as always thinks medium to long term.

I think there's also a "learning how to efficiently train" aspect. Overtrain for a specific and then meld that into the general weightings. They're probably coming up with techniques that can be automated, so the whole training aspect becomes more and more effective. Same for testing (running multiple simulations by modifying object types/placements, sun angle, road parameters in data) and other aspects prior to full release.

Last edited:
Reactions: aubreymcfato