Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla ever makes an ad, what would be the key messages?

1) fast and spirited driving
2) FSD/AP
3) environment / emission
4) cost of ownership
5) reliability
6) OTA/ tech
7) American auto taking back the lead after many decades
8) spacex package in roadster
9) mobile servicing

I would primarily focus on #s 4, 5, 9, and 2. While wrapping in 3 as why EV. Other points are well known or not relevant.

Add "Safest cars on the road" to the list. Parents and others care about that stuff.

1500 lbs is reasonable for 4 motors, gears, inverter, cooling system and charging cables.

The engine is not that heavy compared to the 80000lb weight of the total vehicle so the frame is not going to get lighter, specially that the frame still has to carry the batteries.

It's not a differential, it's a single gear transmission on both wheels. I just call it diff/tranny because I'm talking about weight. These single gears should have similar weights than the diesel's differential.
Multiple people pointed out you glaring mistakes in Lets work out the Tesla Semi-Truck Technical Specs

Go there is you are up to the discussion.

Half way through the quarter and no Raven cars, I think Tesla has a production problem

If it was a production problem we would have seen at least one make it out. My guess is that they have a homologation problem. And once that is cleared the flood gates will open. (They had a similar problem with the 100Ds, only we knew more about it because they gave people VINs and delivery appointments hoping it would be resolved in time. It appears that they have learned some and aren't saying anything until it is actually resolved.)

Alex on Twitter

"1/ Daimler CEO (designated) Källenuis

Certificates to reduce carbon footprint in the 1 to 2 digit billion € range are expected to be bought annually"

Could be another FCA type deal in the works unless Daimler has other way of offsetting their carbon print for cash.
Interesting. Bought from WHOM, I wonder? It seems Tesla is tied to FCA, and I can’t see them exporting enough to supply ANOTHER pool to that level.

Edit: WHOM

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean Wagner
I wonder what shadow mode learns from my driving. I use the whole lane and more, depending on traffic. If there is a pot hole or even rough pavement, I avoid it while still staying in my lane. If there is a bicycle, I give it wide berth if there is no oncoming traffic. One thing that I don't like so much about NOA and TAAP is its unremitting commitment to the center of the lane.

Regarding the lack of VINs for Raven: Are people taking into account that the new drive system should require a new VIN digit?
The NHTSA site is not showing any recent VIN decoder filings by Tesla, but I would guess they would use '5' (standard) and '6' (performance) as the indicator in position 8.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Heads-up, but Yahoo have finally, after many months, finally fixed their chart:

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Interactive Stock Chart

If anyone's feeling bored/fancy a laugh/need a shower, head to the "Newest Reactions" on the Conversations TAB - warning, what has been read cannot be unread, makes Twitter look like reasoned debate...

Tesla, Inc. (TSLA) Stock Price, Quote, History & News
Wow that's a whole bunch of basement dwellers I think. Maybe some DNA testing is in order.

I wonder what shadow mode learns from my driving. I use the whole lane and more, depending on traffic. If there is a pot hole or even rough pavement, I avoid it while still staying in my lane. If there is a bicycle, I give it wide berth if there is no oncoming traffic. One thing that I don't like so much about NOA and TAAP is its unremitting commitment to the center of the lane.

I had this thought (a while back), that in Shadow mode TSLA can simulate a game b/w the human driver and the NN m/c. As the human driver drives, internally the n/w makes a choice and makes it's next move (but takes no action). Then a comparison can be made b/w the two data points. When ever there are large deviations, a small sequence of steps can be auto sent to center - for further analysis, and possibly feature extraction.

~ cheers!!